(Topic ID: 302184)

What's the deal with the Gottlieb plunger plate?

By swampwiz

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jeffc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2021-10-15 091716 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

The Pinball Resource says that System 1 pins are supposed to use A-683, but that A-8829 is a substitute for it. What is the difference in the design? I have tried searching for the A-683, but nothing comes up. And in the Count-Down I have, the plate looks to be an A-8829 (and it looks like it has been there a while - I am getting a new one because it's blistered & bent).

#2 2 years ago

I think PBR is wrong in saying that system 1 should have the A-683 plate.

The 1980 GTB parts catalog that covers system 1 and your Count Down shows only the newer A-8829 plate. I had to go all the way back to the 1968 catalog before I even saw mention of the older A-683 plate. As seen below the 1968 catalog shows both old and new style plunger assemblies, so I assume this was the transition. My catalogs after 1968 (72, 74, 76, 78, 80) do not mention the old A-683 plate. I don't know if the mounting hole spacing is the same or not.
    Screenshot 2021-10-15 091716 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2021-10-15 091716 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-deal-with-the-gottlieb-plunger-plate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.