(Topic ID: 238761)

What's the deal with Bally logo lane guides?

By Buzz

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95E75F87-1368-41B1-9036-980225163B82 (resized).jpeg
    #1 5 years ago

What's the deal with Bally lane guides? Nobody has them and everyone wants them. Seems like a no brainer.

#2 5 years ago

I'm guessing nobody really has the license to use the Bally trademark for it, and the original dies for the part may have gone missing.

#3 5 years ago

Seems to me you could sell a lot for whoever would take this on. All the distributors had them and now don't. I can't believe that was all old NOS stuff. So what's the deal?

#4 5 years ago

I think there's a good chance the dies are in good hands but certain players want too much for licensing.

#5 5 years ago

None acceptable. If pinball dies so does someone's imaginary profits. If we all get used to the alternatives then good luck ever selling one. Great if you own the rights but do something with it.

#6 5 years ago

I beleive plantery Pinball has the rights and had a die. Last I saw there were issues getting it made and up to standards. Seems to be a complex injection. I would recommend reaching out to them. The more people that do the more likely they get made.

#7 5 years ago

Checked their website and out of stock. Seems sad if someone has the rights but doesn't produce them. Everyone is out and these games are growing in interest.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Buzz:

Checked their website and out of stock. Seems sad if someone has the rights but doesn't produce them. Everyone is out and these games are growing in interest.

Did you email them and ask?

#9 5 years ago

I'll give it a try

#10 5 years ago

I could use a bunch of them. Don’t know why this is so hard.

#11 5 years ago

I think I will call instead. To much to email

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

I beleive plantery Pinball has the rights and had a die. Last I saw there were issues getting it made and up to standards

I think the "issues" are related to your first sentence.

#13 5 years ago

I've been looking for white ones for Playboy for years with no luck. Red ones were available a few years back but not recently.

#14 5 years ago

Pretty sure someone repo'd these years ago but can't remember who and they probably got shut down I'm guessing. Whenever I get a chance I always snag them up, you just never know, and no I'm not selling...just saying there worth hanging onto.

John

#15 5 years ago

Try PBR they make all kinds of stuff not on the site and i am sure Rick was going to make these. Worth emailing your interest and everyone else do so as well. Squeaky wheel gets the grease so to speak.

1 year later
    #16 3 years ago

C-636 Lane guides 2.25" end-end in Red, White, Yellow are now available ... www.planetarypinball.com - 2-legged for now (can just slice off one side for the 1-sided variety). The longer version will be coming next. These are injection tooled parts.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from PPS:

C-636 Lane guides 2.25" end-end in Red, White, Yellow are now available ... www.planetarypinball.com - 2-legged for now (can just slice off one side for the 1-sided variety). The longer version will be coming next. These are injection tooled parts.

Are these the 1.5" hole to hole? That's how I think of them. If so, this is great news, Rick.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Are these the 1.5" hole to hole? That's how I think of them. If so, this is great news, Rick.

1.5” hole to hole

95E75F87-1368-41B1-9036-980225163B82 (resized).jpeg95E75F87-1368-41B1-9036-980225163B82 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-deal-with-bally-logo-lane-guides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.