(Topic ID: 297196)

What's the chance of getting a Bally Addams Family for $7000 CAD?

By nagamitsu

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by nagamitsu
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nagamitsu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

So I just sold all my arcade machines and the one older EM pinball I owned, sold our house and moving soon to new home that just simply doesn't have a good room that would become the arcade room. My holy grail machine is an Addams Family. I can have 1-2 machines in a room in the new house. I get people saying Addams Family prices have gone up (doesn't help with people scrambling over machines during pandemic to keep entertained), but what about a project machine in the price range I can pay? Do these even exist?

Tim

#10 2 years ago

Thanks everyone! So either I hold out, continue looking for the possible "cheap" project that may come up, it doesn't help that any that usually come up for sale is in the US and then our dollar sucks! I may just look into a newer Stern Pro or something, or bank the money aside to some day get an Addams. If I can come across one in the wild sitting somewhere, I'd definitely try a cash offer to see if they bite. Only ones I know of up this way are in collectors hands and are going to get the premium price. Saw someone in Illinois recently pickup three (in project shape) from an old operator warehouse. It's something like that I'd love to find one of, as I'm ok with putting sweat equity into fixing it up.

Tim

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't even remember the last time I saw a proper Addams "project."
All those 90s "project" games were snapped up many years ago. They don't really exist any more, they've all been shopped out, completely restored, or something in between.
You certainly won't see one on the open market.

I guess not on regular market/classifieds no. Some people still seem to have luck finding them from old operator warehouses still it seems,

Tim

#17 2 years ago

Thanks, starting to realize I missed the boat by about 5-6 years (where I was seeing them in my price range). Would have to be a miracle then, or I get a newer/different pin (or a motorcycle, older Porsche or something)

Tim

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yup. Get the word out and ask people...everywhere but here.
You have no friends here. Nobody is gonna pass on a TAF "project" to you that they'd rather keep themselves!

Understood, more Facebook groups and local groups where I have all the connections. Everyone pretty much knows how bad I had wanted one by now. But I do feel it is more of a pipe dream now, or would have to be very lucky for something to come up in the price/condition I can afford.

Tim

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

You obviously saw Troy’s pick up of 3 of them . He’s gonna fix and sell . Reach out to him on FB and ask what he’ll want for the lesser of the 3 . May be more than you’re looking to spend but if one has some heavy wear you may find you can swing it . Never know until you ask

Yup. Already messaged with him. He may be only selling one, and wasn't sure if it will be a full shopped machine, or full restore. Indicated it would be way out of my price range for sure.

Tim

#26 2 years ago

Thank you everyone, so gave up on this dream, maybe another day now. I got an awesome deal on a Stern Guardians of the Galaxy Pro with the budget I had for a machine. Hoping to pick it up this weekend!

Tim

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Thats great man. Happy to hear it! Don't give up looking, because despite how unlikely, you just never know. However, you made the right choice. I think you'll be very happy! At the very least just start saving and you can buy a nice one someday!

My family will enjoy the Guardians for sure, and we are all fans of that franchise as well at least. Will be a fun machine, and will get a ton of play!

Tim

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,159.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nagamitsu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-chance-of-getting-a-bally-addams-family-for-7000-cad?tu=nagamitsu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.