(Topic ID: 231791)

What's the BEST pin you've ever flipped?

By lordloss

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by brett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

afm4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

I view the lack of character-intensive movie clips as a plus, and because of that, the game will stay relevant in 20+ years.

Scarcity of character content in the clips is hardly a plus for a licensed franchise. There's 22 character selections already included in the game, so why exclude them from the clips?

If it's an iconic franchise, it shouldn't become irrelevant in 20 years.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

I disagree. I realize that this is not going to be a popular opinion, but I do not believe that movie clips should be included in every themed movie pin. Frankly, many games are better than their themes. For example, if The Shadow was made today and featured clips of that movie, the popularity of that game is going to suffer. To be fair, we all know that The Shadow wouldn’t be licensed for a new pin today, but that’s the point of licenses: some catch fire, some fail miserably, and most are probably mediocre. Making games based on themes requires that theme work well. To me, POTC is a mediocre theme in an outstanding pin.
    Clips from Wheel of Fortune, CSI, Congo, The Flintstones - movie, or Johnny Mnemonic are not going to help those pins, even if you believe they all have great shots and rule sets.
    I’m not trying to debate themes here, but the almost universally beloved themes will thrive with clips. Clips of themes that time proves to be weak will detract from some pins.
    Not every license will be Harry Potter, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, The Godfather or frankly WOZ.

I actually agree with your comments here. Weak themes would suffer.

I misunderstood your prior post. I thought you liked the theme of POTC in your praise of the game. You like it despite the theme, therefore the lack of character content is a plus. Makes sense.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-best-pin-you-ve-ever-flipped?tu=RTS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.