(Topic ID: 231791)

What's the BEST pin you've ever flipped?

By lordloss

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by brett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

afm4 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

What is the BEST pin you've ever personally played?

For me personally, it's JJPTOC. Loved it. What's your best?

#2 5 years ago

Sttng
    In a tie with ghostbusters closely followed by iron maiden
    MM

#3 5 years ago

O'gosh, where do I begin?

Shadow
    TOM
    TZ
    IJ
    Harlem Globetrotters
    Black Hole
    Canada Dry
    Black out
    Barracora
    Nags
    Big Bang Bar
    Fast Draw

I could go on and on.

John

#4 5 years ago

Fast Draw. The End.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

O'gosh, where do I begin?
    Shadow
    TOM
    TZ
    IJ
    Harlem Globetrotters
    Black Hole
    Canada Dry
    Black out
    Barracora
    Nags
    Big Bang Bar
    Fast Draw
    I could go on and on.
    John

Too many, gotta narrow it down.

#6 5 years ago

For me easy... TWDLE.

#7 5 years ago

Theatre of Magic
    Dialed In
    Star Wars (Stern)

#8 5 years ago

Medieval Madness

#9 5 years ago

Although I love my GOT, I have to say TWD prem. The total package for me and one of the best games ever made.

#10 5 years ago

Stars as far as older games go, BSD as far as newer games go.

#11 5 years ago

Ok I read the title wrong. But this is as close as I've gotten to flipping a machine...

Demo Man. Bought it cheap, played the heck out of it and got to Demolition Time, then sold it two weeks later for $100 profit.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Ok I read the title wrong. But this is as close as I've gotten to flipping a machine...
    Demo Man. Bought it cheap, played the heck out of it and got to Demolition Time, then sold it two weeks later for $100 profit.

When the first of these two threads came out I thought it meant flipped in that "bought and resold" sense, but they way the OP describes it is just literally like game you have flipped the ball on.

#14 5 years ago

In no particular order for me:

METLE
    Quick Draw
    DILE
    Creech
    Paragon

#15 5 years ago

afm4 (resized).jpgafm4 (resized).jpg

#16 5 years ago

Earthshaker was the first pin I fell in love with. So there is that.

#17 5 years ago

Iron Maiden and judge dredd I love to play those two games.

#18 5 years ago

WOZ is my personal favorite. It’s just got a complete “world under glass” feel and look to me.

#19 5 years ago

woz is awesome

#20 5 years ago

WOZRR
    AFMLE
    LOTRLE
    MMLE

What was I thinking, these are to good to sell.

I need more room!

#21 5 years ago

RBION and I regret selling

#22 5 years ago

MM original.

#23 5 years ago

WMS IJ
    The first 3 movies mean so much to me and the best elements them were incorporated into this machine perfectly IMHO. I own it and will never part with it. I'm not a super serious player, I just love pinball and Indiana Jones... so this game continues to entertain and light me up!

#24 5 years ago

Since the last code update I can definitively say DI.

#26 5 years ago

Hobbit or AFMrLE

#27 5 years ago

Currently....
    JJP Pirates
    Stern Iron Maiden
    Williams WPC95 tie MM/MB
    Williams WPC Indiana Jones

Alien I think has probably the best theme integration into a pin bar none. The ambiance and the sounds, movie clips and voice and how everything is tied together is so well done.

#28 5 years ago

Junkyard, BOP, Getaway, Taxi, Jackbot - hell jackbot never made it home ... Taxi i miss the most

#29 5 years ago

Specifically, the BSD that I own. It’s the best playing original one that I’ve ever encountered. It just has everything in my opinion. Shorter ball times, great art, sound, animations, and call outs. For me personally, it’s a lot better than certain games costing twice as much, that people seem to like for non pinball reasons.

“Flip” in the sense of resell, I’d say Torpedo Alley. I had two of them so yeah, I still have the other. It’s my favorite 80’s pin. Taxi is up there as well though, I just played it so much and got tired of it.

#30 5 years ago

Twd pro...of curse...jajaja

#31 5 years ago

Easy one for me: JJPOTC. The game is the complete package. It has great toys, it feels like a standard body in a packed wide body cabinet, the rule set is incredibly deep and will likely continue to improve for a few years, the sound and music are top notch, and the pin is not saturated with clips from the movie which will keep it relevant for years. I view the lack of character-intensive movie clips as a plus, and because of that, the game will stay relevant in 20+ years.

This game is so deep that it seems perfect for an in-home pin. The journey to progress through modes and multi balls in order to make it through the game, which changes depending on which of the ~125 modes are put into a particular game by hitting the start button, and which of the 22 characters you pick at the outset.

#32 5 years ago

Overall, MM. But right now, I can’t get enough of AMH

#33 5 years ago

Attack from Mars remake closely followed by Stern Star Trek. Should be picking up Star Trek this week

#34 5 years ago

For all time favorites, I would say FH and TZ. For newish games that I had no real expectations and got blown away by gameplay, that would be DI and Iron Maiden premium.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

I view the lack of character-intensive movie clips as a plus, and because of that, the game will stay relevant in 20+ years.

Scarcity of character content in the clips is hardly a plus for a licensed franchise. There's 22 character selections already included in the game, so why exclude them from the clips?

If it's an iconic franchise, it shouldn't become irrelevant in 20 years.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from RTS:

Scarcity of character content in the clips is hardly a plus for a licensed franchise. There's 22 character selections already included in the game, so why exclude them from the clips?
    If it's an iconic franchise, it shouldn't become irrelevant in 20 years.

I disagree. I realize that this is not going to be a popular opinion, but I do not believe that movie clips should be included in every themed movie pin. Frankly, many games are better than their themes. For example, if The Shadow was made today and featured clips of that movie, the popularity of that game is going to suffer. To be fair, we all know that The Shadow wouldn’t be licensed for a new pin today, but that’s the point of licenses: some catch fire, some fail miserably, and most are probably mediocre. Making games based on themes requires that theme work well. To me, POTC is a mediocre theme in an outstanding pin.

Clips from Wheel of Fortune, CSI, Congo, The Flintstones - movie, or Johnny Mnemonic are not going to help those pins, even if you believe they all have great shots and rule sets.

I’m not trying to debate themes here, but the almost universally beloved themes will thrive with clips. Clips of themes that time proves to be weak will detract from some pins.

Not every license will be Harry Potter, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, The Godfather or frankly WOZ.

#37 5 years ago

Iron Maiden!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Iron Maiden and judge dredd I love to play those two games.

I'd say that's an understatement. I could have gone out to dinner, come back, and still stood around while you beat me at Iron Maiden

My answer is Metallica for what it's worth.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

I disagree. I realize that this is not going to be a popular opinion, but I do not believe that movie clips should be included in every themed movie pin. Frankly, many games are better than their themes. For example, if The Shadow was made today and featured clips of that movie, the popularity of that game is going to suffer. To be fair, we all know that The Shadow wouldn’t be licensed for a new pin today, but that’s the point of licenses: some catch fire, some fail miserably, and most are probably mediocre. Making games based on themes requires that theme work well. To me, POTC is a mediocre theme in an outstanding pin.
    Clips from Wheel of Fortune, CSI, Congo, The Flintstones - movie, or Johnny Mnemonic are not going to help those pins, even if you believe they all have great shots and rule sets.
    I’m not trying to debate themes here, but the almost universally beloved themes will thrive with clips. Clips of themes that time proves to be weak will detract from some pins.
    Not every license will be Harry Potter, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, The Godfather or frankly WOZ.

I actually agree with your comments here. Weak themes would suffer.

I misunderstood your prior post. I thought you liked the theme of POTC in your praise of the game. You like it despite the theme, therefore the lack of character content is a plus. Makes sense.

#40 5 years ago

Attack from mars

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from brett:

WOZRR
    Sold ones,
    AFMLE
    LOTRLE
    MMLE
    What was I thinking, these are to good to sell.
    I need more room!

Current collection,
    DI
    IMDN
    Alien

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-the-best-pin-you-ve-ever-flipped?hl=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.