(Topic ID: 248331)

What's next from Stern after "Jurassic Park" & "Elvira"...

By Rolls-Royce

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by romulusx
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

taylor (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191025_094332 (resized).jpg
    20190913_163511 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190729-211234.png
    DCD42CF4-E08D-48F5-A8BF-863B529EF85A.gif
    There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #2 4 years ago

Probably a title in late December/Early January 2020. Too soon to tell. Enjoy the next 2, whats the hurry?

#3 4 years ago

Nobody here actually likes pinball, they just want to know what the next 4 titles are.

#4 4 years ago

After you get an answer, can someone please start a new thread so we can start looking ahead to the fourth-next release from Stern? I mean, no one has played any of the next three as of yet unreleased games, so there isn’t much else to talk about.

#5 4 years ago

Depending on how Elvira sells, the next game should be out sometime in Dec/Jan. I would assume it's a Brian Eddy game. He'll have been on staff for around 18 months by the time. If it's not his game, surely he'd be the next cornerstone after that. If it's not Eddy, it's likely Gomez or maybe Borg.

No idea on themes. Stern seems to have a lot of licenses locked up.

I think Eddy could crush a Jaws game. After seeing Jurassic Park, I'd be fine if they did a Jaws game like Jurassic Park. Just the name, the shark, a few oblique references from the movie, and some of the John Williams composition. I'm fine if they can't afford the rights to all the actors, video, etc. I'm a huge fan of the potential of a Jaws game and just want to wish it into existence. It's fine to me if the game is a generic shark game with the Jaws logo thrown on top if the layout is cool and there are cool mechs in the game. (Shark popping up to eat a ball, a boat upper playfield that partially sinks to the main playfield, a lower playfield with drop target legs of swimmers to attack). Zen tried a Jaws table, and I just didn't care for it much other than their shark cage toy and dock bash toy.

#6 4 years ago

You forgot to mention the new run of GOT. Not sure if they are calling it a rerun or vault but have heard they are making a small run of them.

#7 4 years ago

I’m betting they’ll release a pinball machine.

In all seriousness why can’t folks just enjoy what is coming out now? This constant “what’s next” is old and tiring. Oh and get off my lawn.

#8 4 years ago

Serious?

#9 4 years ago

Ghostbusters code? Lol

#10 4 years ago

Jaws like always.

#11 4 years ago

Rick & Morty

#12 4 years ago

Tron Vault

#13 4 years ago

TMNT. It's more fortune telling than facts.

#14 4 years ago

Jaws, Tron Vault, Sons of Anarchy.

LTG : )

#15 4 years ago

With the success of BM66 and TM I'm betting we will be seeing some of these titles from Stern soon:
    Family Affair
    My Three Sons
    Bewitched
    Hogan's Heroes
    Banana Splits
    American Bandstand

#16 4 years ago

I think WWE was the last total surprise from Stern. Since then, there have usually been rumors and leaks a few months before a release.

After Elvira, I expect we should have a good idea around the holidays.

#17 4 years ago

Or if you're a gambler you may think that these new slots are in the lineup:
    South Park
    The Karate Kid
    Mad Max
    Macgyver
    Madonna
    Rocky
    The B-52's
    The Flintstones

#18 4 years ago

Definitely heard rumors about TMNT. Based on 80s or newer stuff?? Probably won’t be anything until 2020.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Definitely heard rumors about TMNT. Based on 80s or newer stuff??

Odds would be old as of late I think.

JP - We can say Old with Newman in there
    DP - I guess you can count that as old as it's not movie related
    GOTG - New
    SW - Old
    BM66 - Old
    GB - Old

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

why can’t folks just enjoy what is coming out now?

I do.

But there’s nothing wrong to have in mind a game that you like more than other games. I own just 4 Pinball and I have space in my game room for just 3 more games unfortunately, so I don’t want to buy a game and sell it after a few months, I pay for them if I like the title 100%.

Some of you fellas have great collections with more than 10, 15 or 20+ games.... in my particular case I will get executed by my girlfriend if I place a Pinball in a different spot of my house.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Jaws, Tron Vault, Sons of Anarchy.

Lloyd, I’m tired of arguing. It’s Jaws, Sons of Anarchy THEN Tron Vault. And pepper in a TMNT too. And The Road Warrior.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

In all seriousness why can’t folks just enjoy what is coming out now?

That is so true. So many great games to choose from ri...............................Ooooohh shiny. What game is that ?

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Lloyd, I’m tired of arguing. It’s Jaws, Sons of Anarchy THEN Tron Vault.

I most humbly and sincerely apologize. I keep getting them mixed up.

Disclaimer : Actually I was trying to appease the Tron folk.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I most humbly and sincerely apologize. I keep getting them mixed up.
    Disclaimer : Actually I was trying to appease the Tron folk.

Me too. C’mon, look at that face! Who could stay mad at you! ADORABLE!

In all seriousness though...

Jaws. FTW.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I do.
    But there’s nothing wrong to have in mind a game that you like more than other games. I own just 4 Pinball and I have space in my game room for just 3 more games unfortunately, so I don’t want to buy a game and sell it after a few months, I pay for them if I like the title 100%.
    Some of you fellas have great collections with more than 10, 15 or 20+ games.... in my particular case I will get executed by my girlfriend if I place a Pinball in a different spot of my house.

Executed you say...

Pics or it didn’t happen.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Lloyd, I’m tired of arguing. It’s Jaws, Sons of Anarchy THEN Tron Vault. And pepper in a TMNT too. And The Road Warrior.

Jaws Of Anarchy.... Then Trault (Tron Vault).

Rob

#27 4 years ago

The real question is what will the new Stern title be in August 2025????

#28 4 years ago

MOJUNK......

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The real question is what will the new Stern title be in August 2025????

Mitch Miller Sing Along Pin.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rob_G:

Jaws Of Anarchy.... Then Trault (Tron Vault).
    Rob

DCD42CF4-E08D-48F5-A8BF-863B529EF85A.gifDCD42CF4-E08D-48F5-A8BF-863B529EF85A.gif
    #31 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mitch Miller Sing Along Pin.

Put me down for a Yellow Rose of Texas LE please.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Executed you say...
    Pics or it didn’t happen.

#33 4 years ago

Nerd

#34 4 years ago

Retired since 41, very happy nerd for the past 5 years!

#35 4 years ago

The Boys! New series on Amazon. Very dark anti-Superhero series. So, I'll see Stranger Things and raise it one Boys! Mini wizard mode is defending yourself using a baby who had laser eyes.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I do.
    But there’s nothing wrong to have in mind a game that you like more than other games.

You seem to think theme is supreme, it's not. But that's how Stern "get's ya". Then 6 months - 2 years later people are wondering when they'll get a complete game...

#37 4 years ago

Brian Eddy doing Jaws or Stranger Things (perhaps 80s TMNT). Actually, it doesn’t matter, just busting to see if Eddy still has the magic

#38 4 years ago

The answer is obvious...

Screenshot_20190729-211234.pngScreenshot_20190729-211234.png
    #39 4 years ago

The Coffee Table Book.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

You seem to think theme is supreme, it's not. But that's how Stern "get's ya". Then 6 months - 2 years later people are wondering when they'll get a complete game...

There’s a problem with your point Lance, I just want to have L.E.’s in my collection so I have to choose the theme and then wait those long 2 years... and I don’t want to buy an used LE 2-3 years after. I do understand what you’re saying brother, trust me... when I got Batman66 LE, it was with a 0.69 code(something like that) and it was a very long wait, now it is different and I’m glad I got my game.

#41 4 years ago

I hope it's tmnt

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I hope it's tmnt

I agree...80’s tmnt would be pretty awesome.

#43 4 years ago

Please be 1980’s TMNT. Cartoon or comic!

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

There’s a problem with your point Lance, I just want to have L.E.’s in my collection so I have to choose the theme and then wait those long 2 years... and I don’t want to buy an used LE 2-3 years after. I do understand what you’re saying brother, trust me... when I got Batman66 LE, it was with a 0.69 code(something like that) and it was a very long wait, now it is different and I’m glad I got my game.

I’m the same way. I need to own the best example of anything I buy. Worth the wait and risk if done correctly.

#45 4 years ago

It will be Jurassic Parks until KME3 comes out then prob vault his first two games.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I just want to have L.E.’s in my collection.

What a fuckin douchebag

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

What a fuckin douchebag

I apologize if I offended you with my LE taste...

Regards

#48 4 years ago

Pinside Meet and Greet: "Hi. I'm Rolls Royce."

#49 4 years ago

Is this dot thread a new take on the "nothing" thread?

#50 4 years ago

Rose Royce dat you?

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-next-from-stern-after-jurassic-park-amp-elvira?hl=nintenbear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.