Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31BEAE98-33A5-41E2-9F6A-82A3FE7AB7F7 (resized).jpeg
    2019-05-14 14_15_06-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png
    2019-05-14 14_14_49-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    DSC_0061 (resized).JPG
    pitch.gif
    59780223-24FA-4607-ABAD-4E220DC416C6 (resized).jpeg
    F415131B-09D3-4556-B569-BE69696B7A31 (resized).jpeg
    C840C0BF-33A1-480A-946E-EA023A8FF625 (resized).jpeg

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Anyone hear any rumblings?

#2 4 years ago

I know nothing but my predictions are...

Next up: VE, maybe TronVE

Fall (3 days after Expo): Elvira

#3 4 years ago

I was at Stern this week and saw a lot of Tron parts that had just come in......

#4 4 years ago

I love that they did a remake (BK).

Would love to see something like this again. Like another pinbot.

#5 4 years ago

I know people have been rumoring Jurassic World around in the forums which i hope it turns out to be true because it would be an instant buy unless the game sucks.

#6 4 years ago

Stern rumors- Jurassic World, Jaws, Godzilla, Superman 78’,

Confirmed- Elvira 3

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Confirmed- Elvira 3

I'd be interested in Jurassic World, Jaws, and Godzilla. Superman 78 and Elvira don't excite me at all.

#8 4 years ago

There is a Keith Elwin Catwoman rumor. I'd be very surprised if that is next though...

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

I'd be interested in Jurassic World, Jaws, and Godzilla. Superman 78 and Elvira don't excite me at all.

From those rumored title i agree Jurassic World and Jaws would both excite me as games i would consider owning if done right. If Superman would get produced it would have to be a really good game to interest me as i like the theme but it's not a dream them of mine. Godzilla doesn't interest me as i already have the Sega version and never was an Elvira fan.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Confirmed- Elvira 3

As much as I would like to see it, I think Superman is probably unlikely. Jaws is probably unlikely too; it's technically horror, and it's probably not mainstream enough to be a profitable title. Then again, they just did Munsters, so what do I know.

I think Jurassic World is probably highly likely, Godzilla is probably a possibility after that.

#11 4 years ago

Murphy's Law says the next Stern game will be Elvira 3.

Why? Because I really want one and my wife doesn't want me to ever buy another pin, so I need as much time as possible to wear my wife down before Elvira 3 is released. Murphy's Law says Elvira 3 will be next (and I will not get the time I need).

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

probably not mainstream enough to be a profitable title

Dude, c'mon....

#13 4 years ago

Yeah I'm trying to figure out how one of the most popular movies of all time isn't mainstream.

And then I realize who cares why would I worry about that it's just a throwaway line in a post.

but I couldn't help myself. And here we are.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I was at Stern this week and saw a lot of Tron parts that had just come in......

Tell me more....

#15 4 years ago

I would assume a VE is coming. Tron seems to be a likely candidate.

#16 4 years ago

Im just glad someone bought my Munsters Pro….

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Im just glad someone bought my Munsters Pro….

Is it that bad?

#18 4 years ago

It sucks

#19 4 years ago

Im a STERN kinda guy and I liked for the first couple of day, I even modded it out but it couldn't help with the boredom. After you complete Munster Madness the second time thru on ball 1 there is just nothing to do. I do like the Premium over the pro but the code is just not as deep as I like my games. Its all about WONKA now for me, love the game and cant wait for it to come out.

#20 4 years ago

Stern has ruined my life.

#21 4 years ago

I have lost interest in a any new Stern since Batman 66.

#22 4 years ago

People will be hyped for Elvira 3 after they confirm Lyman is on code.

Sounds like Jaws isn't happening and I sorta doubt Superman does either (or it'll be comic book version Superman). Getting the license locked down for those old movies is often hard because you have to negotiate with so many different people. Movie studios are much better about having a one-stop shop. Basically a menu of the various options, tiers, and associated prices.

Jurassic World is an ok theme.

Godzilla could be great if the toys are there (in my head I picture a big Godzilla toy and a building/electrical tower being knocked over and forming a temporary ramp). I've long maintained that Jaws would be amazing if it had two primary modes, one where you're the human and one where you're the shark. Godzilla would be epic if it had a similar concept where you're trying to defeat Godzilla or trying to wreck buildings.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from pickleric:

There is a Keith Elwin Catwoman rumor. I'd be very surprised if that is next though...

Thought the rumor was a Catman art package on BM66 Premium?!

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

I have lost interest in a any new Stern since Batman 66.

Try buying Stern some lingerie, or maybe take a break from the norm. Instead of doing the same thing, try something exotic and adventurous. Instead of a movie, go zip-lining! Instead of netflix at home, go to an old theater and watch a classic movie!

There's plenty of ways to inject some excitement into an old romance. You just need to use your imagination!

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:I know people have been rumoring Jurassic World around in the forums which i hope it turns out to be true because it would be an instant buy unless the game sucks.

With 3 pop bumpers clustered in the upper right corner, two ramps, a TRex head on a spring, and single standup targets over inserts spelling “Jurassic” and “World”... how could it possibly suck?!?

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

With 3 pop bumpers clustered in the upper right corner, two ramps, a TRex head on a spring, and single standup targets over inserts spelling “Jurassic” and “World”... how could it possibly suck?!?

Why did you leak that info? I wanted it to be a surprise so I would be excited to get a LE.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I'm trying to figure out how one of the most popular movies of all time isn't mainstream.

Well-known classic film, certainly. Mainstream theme today, no. Universal tore out their Jaws ride years ago. Heck, I don't think I've watched the film in over 10 years.

Is a Jaws pin desired by fans of the film? Maybe to some degree. Desired by the general public and in foreign countries? I doubt it. Sharknado or Piranah might be more relevant these days.

Stern *usually* picks a theme they think will do well on location, has some recent relevance, and could potentially do well overseas.

I don't see a Jaws hitting all those areas, hence why I think it probably won't be produced.

[edit]: Wrong theme park

#28 4 years ago

Universal Studios.

Anyway, they yanked Jaws to make way for Harry Potter, a more relevant and financially lucrative theme. Jaws was there forever, though, and synonymous with Universal.

I’d absolutely buy Jaws. Shit, Funko just released the Jaws bobble heads guys. Jaws, like Willy Wonka or WOZ, transcends time.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well-known classic film, certainly. Mainstream theme today, no. Disneyland tore out their Jaws ride years ago. Heck, I don't think I've watched the film in over 10 years.
    Is a Jaws pin desired by fans of the film? Maybe to some degree. Desired by the general public and in foreign countries? I doubt it. Sharknado or Piranah might be more relevant these days.
    Stern *usually* picks a theme they think will do well on location, has some recent relevance, and could potentially do well overseas.
    I don't see a Jaws hitting all those areas, hence why I think it probably won't be produced.

lol, they just put out the fucking Munsters

Stern totally caters to the baby boomer demographic regardless of a theme making sense on location or abroad. That said, I think they'll do Jurassic World because the last games have been The Beatles, Munsters, and Black Knight, and Elvira is on the horizon. They need something mainstream for location play.

#30 4 years ago

I heard Tron as well.....

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from TrueJedi:

Tell me more....

They didn’t seem pleased that the boxes were all left open and scattered. Receiving must have been counting what came in. I saw lots of ramps with the neon already attached. Bunches of the motorcycles guys. I saw stack after stack of cabinet decals, which were new art and a big pile of translites also new art. It’s coming! I tried to sneak a picture but they said please don’t, so I didn’t.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

They didn’t seem pleased that the boxes are all left open and scattered. Receiving must have been counting what came in. I saw lots of ramps with the neon already attached. Bunches of the motorcycles guys. I saw stack after stack of cabinet decals, which were new art and a big pile of translites also new art. It’s coming!

Edited. Really uncool to lie on this thread.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

They didn’t seem pleased that the boxes were all left open and scattered. Receiving must have been counting what came in. I saw lots of ramps with the neon already attached. Bunches of the motorcycles guys. I saw stack after stack of cabinet decals, which were new art and a big pile of translites also new art. It’s coming! I tried to sneak a picture but they said please don’t, so I didn’t.

So... seeing as you're triumphantly spilling the beans here: were the translites pre or post Ghostbusters sized

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from dts:

This is great news!

Of course he could be all wrong about what he thinks he saw. After all, he is a bit Wacky.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

lol, they just put out the fucking Munsters

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Then again, they just did Munsters, so what do I know.

#36 4 years ago

God i cant wait for the tron prices to crash and burn. The tears will be just as sweet as when monster bash remake was revealed

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

So... seeing as you're triumphantly spilling the beans here: were the translites pre or post Ghostbusters sized

Great post. Hmm...Tron VE with an LCD or not?

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

New art? Interesting. The Tron reboot is a dead license so I wonder why they bothered with that.

#40 4 years ago

Black Panther would be nice.

#41 4 years ago

Crap. I was expecting to pick up a Wonka, but a Tron VE will pose as some strong competition for my next NIB purchase.

#42 4 years ago

List your Tron pro in 3, 2, 1....

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

God i cant wait for the tron prices to crash and burn. The tears will be just as sweet as when monster bash remake was revealed

Eh, not so sure. A lot of the value in Tron comes from all the sweet mods + chrome hardware.

MB was a relative bloodbath, but it's good to know you're stoked that I'm taking a bath on my original that I put a ton of work into!

You'll also be super excited to know the same thing is going to eventually happen with my TOM...

However: I also had solid deals on my AFMr, MMr, Iron Man Vault, and AC/DC vault... all of which were brought back down to Earth by the remakes. Please note I did not relish the delicious tears of the owners of the originals in the process of acquiring.

My point? In the end, things even out and I'll be just fine, but you'll still be that random bitter dude who gets off on the financial losses of fellow humans that share a common passion. Go you?

#44 4 years ago

Dont think prices will fall too much, I imagine they will be at least premium priced whats a tron go for now mid 6k?

#45 4 years ago

What's next after BK3 ?

Higher prices.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Part of me really really hopes you're just being a massive prick.

Part of me knows that I don't usually think of you being a massive prick.

All of me is extremely conflicted right now. I bought Tron NIB. Sold it. Bought a HUO. Sold it. And I have a feeling I'd very much like to own it a THIRD time, because I'm THAT GUY when it comes to Tron anything. *sigh*

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

New art? Interesting. The Tron reboot is a dead license so I wonder why they bothered with that.

Not really a dead license. Disney has a great TRON ride in Shanghai and plans to put one in at Disney World by 2021 for their 50th anniversary. Future movies are not planned...yet.

#48 4 years ago

I don't know if it is next, I don't know if it is coming at all. But, if Keith Elwin isn't working on Ash vs. Evil Dead then something has gone very wrong.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Yeah, hold that thought until you see what the VE costs. With lit ramps and new art, it ain't gonna be cheap...

Hoping for some new code that will load into our overpriced originals.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

Yeah, hold that thought until you see what the VE costs. With lit ramps and new art, it ain't gonna be cheap...
    Hoping for some new code that will load into our overpriced originals.

I've had it twice and Tron's not deep. Not sure an art package could pull me back in.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-next-from-stern-after-bk3?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.