Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 150 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DS_Nadine
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

31BEAE98-33A5-41E2-9F6A-82A3FE7AB7F7 (resized).jpeg
    2019-05-14 14_15_06-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png
    2019-05-14 14_14_49-Facebook - Internet Explorer (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    DSC_0061 (resized).JPG
    pitch.gif
    59780223-24FA-4607-ABAD-4E220DC416C6 (resized).jpeg
    F415131B-09D3-4556-B569-BE69696B7A31 (resized).jpeg
    C840C0BF-33A1-480A-946E-EA023A8FF625 (resized).jpeg
    There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

If Tron is vaulted i would expect some updated code by Lyman. He has said that he’d like to polish it up on a podcast or two.

#52 4 years ago

Hopefully this isn't an annoying question as I am just curious, but I have honestly never played a vault edition game by Stern - are the vault editions basically just reproductions of the basic pro model games or has Stern made these in the past with some special feature(s)?

#53 4 years ago

Spiderman had the most radical amount of changes but Iron Man and AC/DC had some tweaks. I think those are the only “Vaults”

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Try buying Stern some lingerie, or maybe take a break from the norm. Instead of doing the same thing, try something exotic and adventurous. Instead of a movie, go zip-lining! Instead of netflix at home, go to an old theater and watch a classic movie!
    There's plenty of ways to inject some excitement into an old romance. You just need to use your imagination!

Maybe if they tried playing outside it would seem exciting again

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thought the rumor was a Catman art package on BM66 Premium?!

twip LE rumor. You are probably correct, I misread and skipped the comma!! Ha
    C840C0BF-33A1-480A-946E-EA023A8FF625 (resized).jpegC840C0BF-33A1-480A-946E-EA023A8FF625 (resized).jpeg

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

They didn’t seem pleased that the boxes were all left open and scattered. Receiving must have been counting what came in. I saw lots of ramps with the neon already attached. Bunches of the motorcycles guys. I saw stack after stack of cabinet decals, which were new art and a big pile of translites also new art. It’s coming! I tried to sneak a picture but they said please don’t, so I didn’t.

I’m calling BS!

#57 4 years ago

Why??

#58 4 years ago

WackyBrakke is suppose to be selling games and not pulling this crap!

#59 4 years ago

If you ever get a chance to visit the Stern factory you will see why!

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Hopefully this isn't an annoying question as I am just curious, but I have honestly never played a vault edition game by Stern - are the vault editions basically just reproductions of the basic pro model games or has Stern made these in the past with some special feature(s)?

Depends on the game. Some, such as ST are identical. Others, like ACDC are almost identical but replace the wood backbox with metal and incandescents with leds, have slightly tweaked artwork, and a couple of other inconsequential changes. With SM, the VE has significant changes/upgrades to the artwork/aesthetics, some beefed-up mechs and plastics, and various playfield protectors. I’m not sure about IMVE, but I think it had a few non-critical tweaks.

One thing I do know is that all VEs thus far have featured the same hardware platform (SAM) as the original. This is why I am skeptical that we will see a LOTR VE (Whitestar hardware likely impossible to remanufacture because some parts are probably NLA at this late date) or a LCD-ified Tron VE (would require hardware and software re-engineering to run on Spike).

(Not an annoying question at all!)

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

Depends on the game. Some, such as ST are identical. Others, like ACDC are almost identical but replace the wood backbox with metal and incandescents with leds, have slightly tweaked artwork, and a couple of other inconsequential changes. With SM, the VE has significant changes/upgrades to the artwork/aesthetics, some beefed-up mechs and plastics, and various playfield protectors. I’m not sure about IMVE, but I think it had a few non-critical tweaks.
    One thing I do know is that all VEs thus far have featured the same hardware platform (SAM) as the original. This is why I am skeptical that we will see a LOTR VE (Whitestar hardware likely impossible to remanufacture because some parts are probably NLA at this late date) or a LCD-ified Tron VE (would require hardware and software re-engineering to run on Spike).
    (Not an annoying question at all!)

Very informative...thank you and also to ZenTron. I'm particularly intrigued as I really want a Tron, and of course I'd love a Tron LE, and I'm guessing a vault will not necessarily change that if the rumors above are true, but it may pose an interesting option to mod to compare to a LE.

#62 4 years ago

Someone just listed a Tron for sale. Lol.

#63 4 years ago

I WANT Rick and Morty!

Pickle Rick Multiball PLEASE!

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Someone just listed a Tron for sale. Lol.

I wish I could afford one now but I have a deal agreed to for an Alien LE and, yeah, I'm not buying another pin for a while, haha!

#65 4 years ago
    Quoted from sirisles:

I WANT Rick and Morty!
    Pickle Rick Multiball PLEASE!

I turned myself into a pickle!!!!!!

#66 4 years ago

I'd be interested in Jurassic World, Jaws, and Godzilla.

All the above! But Will Stern be able to contain them under one roof??

#67 4 years ago

I remember an old post on the Stern facebook page. It was saying "To see the future, you must look at the past" or something like it. This was on a banner with the image of the original Tron movie.

I own a Tron but I hope that if there's a VE, they keep the original art. I love Tron Legacy but can't watch the original Tron. And the Daft Punk music is amazing...

#68 4 years ago

After Black Knight Sword of Rage, I hope Mr. Ritchie is up to his eyeballs in ideas that he's working on for High Speed 3.

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

They didn’t seem pleased that the boxes were all left open and scattered. Receiving must have been counting what came in. I saw lots of ramps with the neon already attached. Bunches of the motorcycles guys. I saw stack after stack of cabinet decals, which were new art and a big pile of translites also new art. It’s coming! I tried to sneak a picture but they said please don’t, so I didn’t.

Your not messing with us here? Seriously that is sweet news.

#70 4 years ago

Probably Beetle Juice

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Your not messing with us here? Seriously that is sweet news.

I am calling BS on Wacky. I do believe it will happen at some point but his description of the stern factory is BS. I have been there and its not the way they operate.

#72 4 years ago

Made me laugh out loud, think I will start off with some Stern Lingerie!

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Try buying Stern some lingerie, or maybe take a break from the norm. Instead of doing the same thing, try something exotic and adventurous. Instead of a movie, go zip-lining! Instead of netflix at home, go to an old theater and watch a classic movie!
    There's plenty of ways to inject some excitement into an old romance. You just need to use your imagination!

#73 4 years ago

The rumor I heard from an insider was a VE and then JAWS, or vice versa.

#74 4 years ago

Who cares their quality and code isn't and will never be like it used to be.... On to other brands

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

Who cares their quality and code isn't and will never be like it used to be.... On to other brands

Good Luck!

#76 4 years ago

Yes ...u won't see me buying another stern. Have fun waiting 3 years to have your code complete like GB... See ya

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

Yes ...u won't see me buying another stern. Have fun waiting 3 years to have your code complete like GB... See ya

I was like that for a while.. I ended up eating humble pie and went back. Code does not bother me too much.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

With 3 pop bumpers clustered in the upper right corner, two ramps, a TRex head on a spring, and single standup targets over inserts spelling “Jurassic” and “World”... how could it possibly suck?!?

Now don't forget the lock down bar button you will have to probably mash.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from aingide:

New art? Interesting. The Tron reboot is a dead license so I wonder why they bothered with that.

To sell games.

#80 4 years ago

Hopefully a code update for Ghostbusters!

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from marcd:

I remember an old post on the Stern facebook page. It was saying "To see the future, you must look at the past" or something like it. This was on a banner with the image of the original Tron movie.
    I own a Tron but I hope that if there's a VE, they keep the original art. I love Tron Legacy but can't watch the original Tron. And the Daft Punk music is amazing...

I'd prefer Tron Legacy as well but that could benefit from a majör art overhaul.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

If that is true Kaneda would be wrong, AGAIN (how often in the last month?)...

He claimed that the next vault would not be Tron or LotR but still a popular title.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from 3pinballs:

Clearly this man needs a TRON VE! Or IMDN...

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

I am calling BS on Wacky. I do believe it will happen at some point but his description of the stern factory is BS. I have been there and its not the way they operate.

Just wondering if he's sitting at home behind his keyboard laughing at us. When I took a stern tour they didn't let us take pictures of anything with our phone.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Just wondering if he's sitting at home behind his keyboard laughing at us. When I took a stern tour they didn't let us take pictures of anything with our phone.

Not to say what he say is true but:
    What are you guys talking about? He said he "tried to sneak a picture", wich means he wasn't allowed anyway and caught while trying anyway.
    And yes they have their 'cage' where they check incoming parts. So yes it is possible...

...while I don't think they'd let ramps, and decals, and toys, and, and, and flying around.

#86 4 years ago

I heard next Stern is Blade Runner followed by Mad Max.

#87 4 years ago

#88 4 years ago

It was just a joke. Possibly a horrible joke.

#89 4 years ago

OMG dude. Very bad taste.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from dts:

Clearly this man needs a TRON VE! Or IMDN...

I agree Tron is Awesome and so is IMDN. Just not a fan of the music, but the layout is killer!

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Yeah, that’s not cool at all. Maybe you were trying to get a deal on someone’s TRON? These are the things that make Pinside difficult. We come here as enthusiasts and have to wade through adolescent jokes. Send the bad Wacky to his room until he can play nicely!

#92 4 years ago

I'm all in on a Tron VE for several reasons.

- Newer backbox

- Designed for LEDs

- No mods

- Updated speaker grill, I'm assuming there will be art on it (AC/DC, Spider-Man and Iron Man VEs all have art on it)

- Brand new

#93 4 years ago

Also heard the next VE is the Family Guy with music and call outs from TNA.

F415131B-09D3-4556-B569-BE69696B7A31 (resized).jpegF415131B-09D3-4556-B569-BE69696B7A31 (resized).jpeg
    #94 4 years ago

I thought they were going to do a VE of GB.

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from dts:

Maybe you were trying to get a deal on someone’s TRON? These are the things that make Pinside difficult. We come here as enthusiasts and have to wade through adolescent jokes that are not funny, except to a child. This should be a Pinside eject. Send the bad Wacky to his room until he can play nicely!

One?

I got me five since yesterday!!!

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Weak sauce dude! (Very lame)

59780223-24FA-4607-ABAD-4E220DC416C6 (resized).jpeg59780223-24FA-4607-ABAD-4E220DC416C6 (resized).jpeg
    #97 4 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

It seems like every month for the past several years someone starts another Tron VE rumor. At least you came clean on it.

#98 4 years ago

I would love to see a Transfomers VE with G1 artwork like they changed the Spiderman to Comic book artwork

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from dts:

Yeah, that’s not cool at all. Those kind of “jokes” are from the 7th grade. Maybe you were trying to get a deal on someone’s TRON? These are the things that make Pinside difficult. We come here as enthusiasts and have to wade through adolescent jokes that are not funny, except to a child. This should be a Pinside eject. Send the bad Wacky to his room until he can play nicely!

Jeez, lighten up. You guys sound so desperate and serious. If you are making deals and throwing cash around based on wild internet rumors I don't know what to tell you. Don't believe anything until Stern makes an official announcement.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

I would love to see a Transfomers VE with G1 artwork like they changed the Spiderman to Comic book artwork

This would be a must buy for me, even with the uninspired TF layout and rules.

There are 150 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-next-from-stern-after-bk3/page/2?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.