Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 544 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by EZ-Rhino
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What classics should be made next? Multiple selections allowed”

• Indiana Jones 150 votes
      13%
    • Addams Family 118 votes
      10%
    • White Water 144 votes
      12%
    • Theater of Magic 176 votes
      15%
    • Star Trek 23 votes
      2%
    • Fish Tales 43 votes
      4%
    • Fun House 44 votes
      4%
    • Circus Voltaire 103 votes
      9%
    • Champions Pub 31 votes
      3%
    • Tales of the Arabian Nights 227 votes
      19%
    • Twilight Zone 111 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 1170 votes by 579 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0D6AA392-1ACD-4A76-8F43-E053F6C79A50 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9235 (resized).jpeg
    molasses (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231115_193457 (resized).png
    download.jpg
    9945E9C5-472C-4C13-A01F-71396274B823 (resized).jpeg
    you-gotta-will-it-into-existence-msnbc.gif
    IMG_6469.gif
    maxresdefault.jpg
    7662275.gif
    IMG_6463.gif
    hope-youre-not-in-a-rush (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
    8b909aea1b3745b5676b8e196cca0f6e.jpg
    20230531_100004 (resized).jpg
    20230531_105443 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 2 years ago

I am just waiting for the promised next run of MMr. I missed out on the last run, don't want to miss out again.

5 months later
    #102 1 year ago

Yeah, if the next remake really is TZ (though I doubt it), it will really be a tough choice for me.
    I was planning on getting a MMr from their next run, but a new TZ would be really hard to pass up.
    Unfortunately, I only have room for 1 more machine...

#106 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I would be curious…How much is it for licensing a 70 year old TV shoe like Tz? If jurassic park was done by Stern which is a much heavier license? Would TZ be more?

As I understand it, the issue with TZ licensing is that the show and Rod Serling's likeness have to be licensed separately. What I don't know, is if they changed the translight to remove Rod, would the "sound-alike" voice still need to be licensed. I would think not, but it's probably a grey area.

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

Maybe they can substiture Golden Earring with Twilight Zone by Rush.

Maybe they can substitute the version of the song done by William Shatner...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seeking_Major_Tom

4 weeks later
    #123 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I missed out on monster bash.. and used market is sparse and over priced... Do you think they will do more runs of MBr in the future??

No, I doubt that another run of MB is planned. I AM hoping that there will actually be another run of MMr as CGC has promised.

And I agree that the used market for MBr has gone way up. I bought my (very slightly used) MBr-SE right at the start of the pandemic for $6500. It would go for a lot more than that now.

OTOH, I sold my Mousin' Around to help pay for it for $1900, and that would be worth a lot more now too...so I guess even when you win you still lose.

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

My inside connection at CGC said it will be a John Popudick game.

RAZAr here we come!

1 week later
    #151 1 year ago

I haven't played a TOM in years, but just thinking about it makes me sick of hearing "You have the power!".

5 months later
    #218 1 year ago

I'm just hoping that they are still going to do the promised "early 2023" re-run of MMr. I've been on a waiting list for a long time now.

#223 1 year ago

What exactly is the "CCr Debacle"?

I haven't been following this much, but it seems like CCr machines are showing up in homes and on location here.
    What problems have there been?

#228 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

They simply can't get games out the door...nobody knows why, but its been one delay after another...anyone waiting on anything other than a CCRLE will probably be waiting another year (minimum).

Strange, I was just playing a new CCR-SE in a tourny this last weekend. They seem to be around...

Is it a problem with the toppers? I haven't seen any with the topper...

1 week later
    #312 1 year ago

I talked to a CGC rep at the Texas Pinball Festival in March. He confirmed that the plan was to do a new run of MMr after CCr was "done".

Of course, that was 9 months ago, so everything could have changed since then...

Hopefully, I can get updated info at the next TPF.

#314 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

(not counting the last MMr run which I think is limited to a very specific number (3xx?) most/all of which are probably accounted for).

I've been on the waiting list of one of their biggest distributors for 15 months already, so hopefully one of those few will be mine...but odds are it will be another year or so.

#361 1 year ago

I haven't been following the details of the CCr release, but isn't it just the LE and SE+ that seem to be having production issues?

It seems like there are regular SE machines available. I would assume then that the problem is with some part of the topper system.

Maybe CGC should do the Stern thing and only sell limited-edition toppers much later at a ridiculously high price...

#373 1 year ago

Yes, by far the worst part of all this is the lack of communication from CGC.

A simple statement like...

"We're sorry that the delivery of CCr machines with toppers has been delayed. The manufacturer(s) of several key parts have not delivered what we need to complete the toppers. We currently expect those parts to arrive in about 6 weeks. Assuming that the parts arrive when expected, shipments of the CCr-LE and CCr-SE+ will resume shortly after that."

would go a long way to addressing people's concerns.

2 months later
    #387 1 year ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Best case scenario CGC reveals TZ at TPF.
    That’s me being optimistic!
    Richard

I'm just hoping they will provide more info at TPF about the next MMr run...(though I'd love it they announced TZ also).

2 weeks later
    #423 1 year ago
    Quoted from VGC1612:

I heard they gonna do a 3rd run of MM,true?Because im gonna have to choose between that and PF

CGC said that they would be doing another MMr run in "early 2023", but that was a long time ago - before all their troubles with getting CCr shipped.

It is unclear if MMr is still in the plans or not. Hopefully there will be some info released at TPF in about 10 days.

1 week later
    #428 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

CGC said that they would be doing another MMr run in "early 2023", but that was a long time ago - before all their troubles with getting CCr shipped.
    It is unclear if MMr is still in the plans or not. Hopefully there will be some info released at TPF in about 10 days.

I spoke with Jim from CGC at TPF. He says that they still are planning a run of MMr "near the end of the year".

#430 1 year ago

Well, I sort of assumed he meant this year...but now that I think about it, he really didn't say...

#446 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

And they have not remade a licensed theme yet.

Well, MBr was licensed from Universal, and the licensing was part of what delayed its release (supposedly). So they do have some experience there (not to mention the new Pulp Fiction).

Whether it makes sense to license AF is another question, but I'm sure they are not avoiding it because "they haven't done a licensed theme".

#449 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

2023 - Balance of CCR's
    2024 - All PF's (if their lucky)
    2025 - Maybe some new title ?

Jim said they have two lines going now.

I assume that one is doing CCr, and the other is doing PF.
    That would free up a line to do the MMr run when CCr is complete.

#462 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Today I learned that movie copywrites last for 95 years in the US, and that even though some of those creatures (e.g. Frankenstein) were invented before that, Universal owns their "version" of the monster (what we think of as Frankenstein). Interesting. In the next decade or so I guess all of those copywrites expire though so maybe we can see some interesting adaptations or uses of those characters!

Yeah, that's not necessarily a good thing. I can't say that the world is a better place now that we have "Serial Killer Winnie-the-Pooh".

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    2 months later
    #480 10 months ago

If you are going to remake Gottlieb games, I would think Haunted House would be high on the list. Preferably with new rules and Multi-ball.

OTOH, I'm just hoping they are still doing another run of MMr-SE.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbeardsley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-next-chicago-gaming-company-1?tu=mbeardsley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.