Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 544 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by EZ-Rhino
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What classics should be made next? Multiple selections allowed”

• Indiana Jones 150 votes
      13%
    • Addams Family 118 votes
      10%
    • White Water 144 votes
      12%
    • Theater of Magic 176 votes
      15%
    • Star Trek 23 votes
      2%
    • Fish Tales 43 votes
      4%
    • Fun House 44 votes
      4%
    • Circus Voltaire 103 votes
      9%
    • Champions Pub 31 votes
      3%
    • Tales of the Arabian Nights 227 votes
      19%
    • Twilight Zone 111 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 1170 votes by 579 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0D6AA392-1ACD-4A76-8F43-E053F6C79A50 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9235 (resized).jpeg
    molasses (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231115_193457 (resized).png
    download.jpg
    9945E9C5-472C-4C13-A01F-71396274B823 (resized).jpeg
    you-gotta-will-it-into-existence-msnbc.gif
    IMG_6469.gif
    maxresdefault.jpg
    7662275.gif
    IMG_6463.gif
    hope-youre-not-in-a-rush (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
    8b909aea1b3745b5676b8e196cca0f6e.jpg
    20230531_100004 (resized).jpg
    20230531_105443 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richard-NBA-SF2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#119 1 year ago

I would be surprised as well if it is TZ.

Would be very cool!

Richard

1 week later
    #121 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

I missed out on monster bash.. and used market is sparse and over priced... Do you think they will do more runs of MBr in the future??

I doubt it.

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

As has been posted MANY times, it's TOM

Can’t wait!

Richard

2 weeks later
    #161 1 year ago
    Quoted from jyeakley:

Is there a projected date on when they could announce the next remake? August?

Maybe this year I’m hoping. Some are saying a remake is next (TOM, TZ?) others thinking it is a original title (Pulp Fiction).

4 weeks later
    #165 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

backglass and art blades completed 7 years before game ships ...
    Richard : order now and copy your CCR sticker !

Hahaha!! Good idea

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dalewin:

Might be more news coming soon. Hopefully not getting anyone in trouble here but I noticed a pre-order listing for Tales alternate backglass and art blades on Flyland's site (and he did all the other CGC stuff). One of the descriptions has a point saying "... fits the original or the new Chicago Gaming remake!"
    Can't want to see the new pin and the new artwork from Brian! I own Cactus Canyon and was looking forward to the Medieval Madness re-run to hopefully add that to the collection, but this would be awesome as well.[quoted image]

Cool! I just checked his site. Doesn’t seem to be on there now?

Neat find.

2 months later
    #194 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

if they started it in 1999 quite possible !

Haha, I actually think the chances are pretty high.

2 weeks later
    #201 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoeHog:

So, just got my CCrLE pinball machine paid for and now awaiting delivery.
    To all the LE buyers, What quality do you compare the LE to the stern lineup.
    Is it on the same level as the Premium, or LE.
    I'm wanting to possible order the next one and I will be looking at all the models this time.

All their models are built great. SE and LE are both built amazingly. Same great speakers in each model (CGC SE stock speakers sounded wayyyyy better that my old Godzilla Premium).
    Same great RGB light show as well in both models.

Richard

Richard

#206 1 year ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Wired magazine ran this article:
    https://www.wired.co.uk/article/the-addams-family-pinball-machine-popularity
    I have a suspicion that we are looking forward to Adam's Family as next release even though rumor corner says "TOTAN or TOM"
    To not take advantage of the market at the normalization of peak before a possible downtrend. The time to strike with Adams family is now.

That would be a shock! A cool shock! Why do you think it is next?

Richard

#208 1 year ago

Haha, sweet.

Time will tell!

Cheers!

Richard

1 month later
    #227 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

new indiana jones movie is coming soon.

That would be wild.

#236 1 year ago

On the “Pinball Party” podcast on TPN, one of the guest says “Twilight zone is CGC next remake”. Not sure where his info came from but he seems pretty sure of himself!

Not sure what to think of that.

Richard

#240 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Pretty good since it isn't April 1st yet.
    LTG : )

Haha!

#259 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't think Rick was talking about the style of remakes CGC is working on.
    They are involved with Haggis. And the Funhouse 2.0 kit. So I'd be more thinking along those lines and or BBB, KP, and PC ?
    Not likely but I'm still hoping for PTCr or EFL !
    LTG : )

Ohh. That makes sense.
    Good luck on the PTCr!!
    Richard

#267 1 year ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Twilight Zone rumors really heavy now and not just Kaneda. Considering how long it takes CGC to get games out and how loaded that game is, it's still a shocker for me that it would come out. But I also thought it was a shocker for an elwin street game that comes out in parallel with another designers game and here we are.
    Considering who is saying it now and how different they are from each other, it just seems like it's coming and for CGC to have any chance, the plan would need to be in play right now b/c it's a ramp up for sure.
    and I'm def a buyer.

I heard the rumour as well about TZ on a recent TPN “Pinball Party” podcast. Episode 13 about 40 minutes in I think.

Who else is saying TZ?

Thanks!
    Richard

#269 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Zach mentioned it on his podcast

Yes. He made reference to the pinball Party podcast. Maybe he mentioned it again.

I also heard on another podcast a while back (can not remember which one) that someone’s friend was making ramps for the TZ remakes for CGC.

Richard

#279 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Thanks for pointing that out
    I cant see the voting it is disabled for me…
    What a toxic feature that is, people use it wrong as shown in my post for many reasons, clicke, reading comprehension, who knows.
    But yes, that is what I meant. Lol
    Scary.

Quoted from Bublehead:

This did not deserve the downvotes it got… he said the exact same thing as me and I got how many upvotes!?!? Dudes, re-read what he said… he’s talking about how clean and good smelling the remakes are, and that most OG titles reek of bar room and cigarettes inside, not that they suck as titles…. Jimminy Crickets guys…

haha! My TZ looks MINT on the outside, but open the coin box and stick your head in! Different story! Pee-yoo!

Richard

#289 1 year ago
    Quoted from ray-dude:

Coffee grinds....does wonders.
    I'm fortunate that my TZ was in a non-smoking arcade for the two years before I purchased it. Pins from smoking environments are a deal killer for me.
    I must confess, I have no idea why CGC would take on TZ...what an immense amount of complexity/cost/pain/licensing headaches, for a machine where there are huge numbers of them in the wild, available at reasonable prices (compared to new). Seems like there is much lower hanging fruit for higher demand/less headache machines.
    Lots of other WPC-95 games to choose from without the licensing headaches.
    If they're going to go WPC (and WPC DCS) and tackle the licensing headaches, seems like Indiana Jones would be in the sweet spot of the hassle/demand factor

I’ll try the coffee grinds! I have some baking soda in there now. And some odour absorbing packs. Made some difference.

#290 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

I’m really wondering what I would do as a TZ owner of almost twenty years. the game that got me into the hobby at 13 when it was brand spanking new (1993-94, South Africa) and the first one I owned 13 years later. It’s my “bolted”, but a remake with all the bling, topper, I mean….maybe some games are just meant to be had in both iterations ?!?!?TZ is probably the only one I feel that way about. I don’t think I could ever get rid of “my first” but a remake could be a challenge in decision making.

I just got my TZ recently, I would sell it for a remake for sure!

Richard

#300 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I do not think there is a lot of extra tooling for wide games...
    Perhaps the facility isn't ready to roll a wide body as it moves to the building line? other than that, the cost of wood is probably the only added factor as they still use the same sheet of ply to cut one reg cab or a wide one, at any rate, if they do need a second sheet, that is an extra $100 per game, so it would double the amount of ply needed and needing more storage, unless these are fabricated off site?
    The rest is really all the same... Just thinking this through as people have made the 'tooling' comment before but I am not sure that holds true.
    If they recently built a factory and wide bodies were in the radar for them, I am sure they prebuild these contingencies within their plans...
    Edit:
    Spooky pinball is a much smaller operation and they just released a new wide game…
    Seems doable to me

Yeah I was thinking about that. Wide body has the same back box. Same sides. Same legs. Same coin door.
    The issue I would think licensing would be the main factor to overcome.

I’m in on one!

Richard

#302 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

worlds most positive human being .... perhaps they can deliver this and your CCR at the same time ?

Lol! Maybe!!

#318 1 year ago

I’m convinced TZ is next. Would never have thought that.

#345 1 year ago

Soooo. TZ is next? Lol

2 months later
    #385 1 year ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

Do we have any rough rough idea on when the next one would theoretically be released?

Best case scenario CGC reveals TZ at TPF.
    That’s me being optimistic!

Richard

2 weeks later
    #413 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I bet we see actual TZ later with an updated set of dots and extended/enhance rules. I gotta think with Josh helping with CC, now doing rules on Pulp Fiction, that it would be him. I feel like I've heard him state in an interview how he has a love hate with TZ. Loves the mechs, hates the way the rules use the mechs.

Cool thought !

7 months later
    #501 5 months ago
    Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Always the optimist
    Well, here's to hoping it occurs slightly before then...

That’s the spirit!
    Next remake shipping Q4 2024!

IMG_6463.gifIMG_6463.gif
    #505 5 months ago

Big Bang… Bar game reveal…

IMG_6469.gifIMG_6469.gif
    #521 5 months ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What is everyone’s guess at what model of MMr they would make if they decided to do it again and price? MMr has always been more expensive than the rest of the remakes.

I would guess the SE at 9k

2 months later
    #542 3 months ago
    Quoted from badfish981:

Just got an email from a distributor…..MMr has been pushed to 2025 while CGC works thru CCr & PF

Not a big shock if correct. But when will they make my TZr?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richard-NBA-SF2.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-next-chicago-gaming-company-1?tu=Richard-NBA-SF2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.