Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 544 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by EZ-Rhino
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What classics should be made next? Multiple selections allowed”

• Indiana Jones 150 votes
      13%
    • Addams Family 118 votes
      10%
    • White Water 144 votes
      12%
    • Theater of Magic 176 votes
      15%
    • Star Trek 23 votes
      2%
    • Fish Tales 43 votes
      4%
    • Fun House 44 votes
      4%
    • Circus Voltaire 103 votes
      9%
    • Champions Pub 31 votes
      3%
    • Tales of the Arabian Nights 227 votes
      19%
    • Twilight Zone 111 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 1170 votes by 579 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0D6AA392-1ACD-4A76-8F43-E053F6C79A50 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9235 (resized).jpeg
    molasses (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231115_193457 (resized).png
    download.jpg
    9945E9C5-472C-4C13-A01F-71396274B823 (resized).jpeg
    you-gotta-will-it-into-existence-msnbc.gif
    IMG_6469.gif
    maxresdefault.jpg
    7662275.gif
    IMG_6463.gif
    hope-youre-not-in-a-rush (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
    8b909aea1b3745b5676b8e196cca0f6e.jpg
    20230531_100004 (resized).jpg
    20230531_105443 (resized).jpg
    There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
    #1 2 years ago

Cactus Canyon Remake looks great. Hopefully in the near future mine will be placed next to the other remakes from CGC. What game will they do next? Original IP, New Licensed, or another classic remake? What game do you want them to do next? New designers, New coders, Incredible manufacturing capabilities, Access to a huge catalog of iconic games, Competitive pricing and more. This company has ALL of the characteristics to take a big chunk of pinball market share. Congratulations to CGC and thank you for your contribution in keeping pinball exciting.

#2 2 years ago

TOM is on their radar and an original theme game. My wish is for IJ TPA. Lots of threads already on this subject too.

#3 2 years ago

Man any of the above sounds awesome, especially with their amazing topper designs. Makes me wish I was a pinball engineer .

#4 2 years ago

Any and all of above but especially IJ, TZ and WH2O for me.

I’d put CFTBL on the list as well.

#5 2 years ago

I think IJ has a license issue dont anticipate that happening.

#6 2 years ago

I just hope we see games on a regular schedule now. CGC builds a beautiful machine.

#7 2 years ago

I know we’re discussing the classics, totan then Tom for me, but the pulp fiction rumor sounds good to me and I’ll be happy
    For that to be next in line

#8 2 years ago

TOTAN would be cool. I’d probably be in on one

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from greeneye:

TOTAN would be cool. I’d probably be in on one

TOTAN would be great but it needs much deeper code. I hope that future remakes get the ability to had enhanced code like Lyman is working on for CCr. I also hope they add this ability to the first 3 remakes. Definitely great things happening at CGC!

One other thought, I hope they keep the same display they use on the remakes (the xl one) on the original games they are developing.

#11 2 years ago

They are doing an amazing job with the remakes. Crazy how these pins from decades ago are still fresh and relevant in today's line ups.

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

They are doing an amazing job with the remakes. Crazy how these pins from decades ago are still fresh and relevant in today's line ups.

That's why they are considered classics

These 90s games will always stand out and have a large fanbase, compared to the soulless Stern movie/music license pins that fade in popularity immediately when the next pin releases.

#13 2 years ago

I feel like Indiana Jones, Twilight Zone and Addams Family are less likely because of licensing. CCR proves they don’t need to pay for an IP to move pins. Hoping for whitewater.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from JSC:

I feel like Indiana Jones, Twilight Zone and Addams Family are less likely because of licensing

Unfortunately these are probably impossible.

#15 2 years ago

I played Arabian Nights on a Virtual pin and I really liked it, the rule set was great and I kept coming back to it. I would take a chance on that purchase.

#17 2 years ago

I’d love to see an updated and more reliable TZ. There’s so much they could do with that pin. Topper options would be great as well.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from JSC:

I feel like Indiana Jones, Twilight Zone and Addams Family are less likely because of licensing. CCR proves they don’t need to pay for an IP to move pins. Hoping for whitewater.

IJ and TZ also have the complicating factor that they are wide bodies.

#19 2 years ago

Based on previous experience, ask again in late 2023.

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

These 90s games will always stand out and have a large fanbase, compared to the soulless Stern movie/music license pins that fade in popularity immediately when the next pin releases.

If Sterns fade in popularity, why are Sterns from the past 5 years going for crazy money? Deadpool hasn’t faded. Jurassic Park hasn’t faded. Maiden hasn’t faded. Even the horrible Goatf***ers hasn’t faded.

#21 2 years ago

Of those listed, I think the only ones likely are TOTAN, TOM and WW. They might consider BBB, but kinda doubtful. I expect the three I just listed to be made alternating with a new IP. They dont want to do just remakes, but they would be stupid to not remake games people want from the 90s. Im hoping for TOTAN first.

#22 2 years ago

IJ and AF seem super intimidating due to license issues but if they could produce them they'd sell like hotcakes

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

IJ and AF seem super intimidating due to license issues but if they could produce them they'd sell like hotcakes

For sure. I would take an IJ.

#24 2 years ago

That would surprise me... that game changes hands all the time because its just not that good.

Nice looking but a pretty mediocre pin ( cue the downvotes from owners)

I dont know that the market is clamoring for that one, they can be hard to sell.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

That would surprise me... that game changes hands all the time because its just not that good.
    I dont know that the market is clamoring for that one, they can be hard to sell.

You have a really odd read on TOM. When people casually tell me they wanted to buy one of my games, it was ALWAYS TOM. I never even listed mine for sale - people would randomly PM me to buy it. Eventually I did sell it…not remotely hard to sell at all. It’s a game most regular players love. Only hardcore tournament guys think it’s bad. It’s fast, it’s smooth, it has magic tricks under the glass. People love it. A remake with enhanced rules would sell great.

#26 2 years ago

I know everyone in this thread is focusing on remakes, but the next release may be a traditional licensed pin, such a Pulp Fiction.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

You have a really odd read on TOM. When people casually tell me they wanted to buy one of my games, it was ALWAYS TOM. I never even listed mine for sale - people would randomly PM me to buy it. Eventually I did sell it…not remotely hard to sell at all. It’s a game most regular players love. Only hardcore tournament guys think it’s bad. It’s fast, it’s smooth, it has magic tricks under the glass. People love it. A remake with enhanced rules would sell great.

Thats not an odd read. Ive been offered one in trade probably 50 times over the years and said no.

All I know is I see it for sale or trade often and have since the dawn of time and it can be harder to move.

Its one of those games people think they have to get (especially new to the hobby) and then barely play it because its just not that good..

Monster Bash is another one.... great looking but a dud for home play.

As you said though if they gave it better rules then I could see a point.

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

I know everyone in this thread is focusing on remakes, but the next release may be a traditional licensed pin, such a Pulp Fiction.

Man, spoiler alerts all around.
    Next thing your going to tell me there is no Santa Claus.
    My vote is CV.

#29 2 years ago

WW, SS, or IJ are the only ones I care about

#30 2 years ago

calling distro now to secure LE spot for 2023-2024 !

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

That’s my wager.

#32 2 years ago

Monster Bash is another one.... great looking but a dud for home play.

Ive played my MB at home for a decade, but OK. You have specific tastes. Don’t project your POV onto others as an absolute.

#33 2 years ago

Due to the poor code, no? Well guess who is updating code at Chicago Gaming?

#34 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Ive played my MB at home for a decade, but OK. You have specific tastes. Don’t project your POV onto others as an absolute.

I have all 3 remakes and MB is actually my favorite (as well as the rest of the family). Love the theme and easy to understand rules.

#35 2 years ago

Big Bang Bar...

#36 2 years ago

WH2O would be my #1 most wanted.

Can CGC do SS? Does Stern own the Elvira license or anything with that property?

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from chaz009:

WH2O would be my #1 most wanted.
    Can CGC do SS? Does Stern own the Elvira license or anything with that property?

Elvira owns the Elvira license.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

Cactus Canyon Remake looks great. Hopefully in the near future mine will be placed next to the other remakes from CGC. What game will they do next? Original IP, New Licensed, or another classic remake? What game do you want them to do next? New designers, New coders, Incredible manufacturing capabilities, Access to a huge catalog of iconic games, Competitive pricing and more. This company has ALL of the characteristics to take a big chunk of pinball market share. Congratulations to CGC and thank you for your contribution in keeping pinball exciting.

Didn’t they already confirm there will be no more remakes?

Remaking a Jpop design would probably go over badly right now. Hopefully he doesn’t get any royalties, but hard to say with how the licensing may work.

Local Pinhead buddy just picked up up TOM and ToTAN. Great game, remake? Unlikely.

#39 2 years ago

Wasn't benheck saying his unnamed game was coming up next?

#40 2 years ago

Next one isn’t a remake

#41 2 years ago

Is Ben Heck on the rumored Pulp Fiction?

#42 2 years ago

Strange Science 2.0

#43 2 years ago
    Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Is Ben Heck on the rumored Pulp Fiction?

No he said he’s after the next original

#44 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Didn’t they already confirm there will be no more remakes?

Not that I have seen. There are still several left from the original list that was put out there not counting anything else that the might have added/removed from the possible pool. Honestly with the work of engineering, design, code, etc. already done and with as many as they seem to sell, I wouldn't stop. I don't know where there ROI calculation is set to return what they want but there are at least a few titles left worth the squeeze I would think.

#45 2 years ago

It's a sad day for pinball then PTC doesn't make the list.

Mirror blades, shaker motor, custom Fred Young call outs. Huge interactive topper. CGC is leaving money on the table if they don't do PTC next.

LTG : )

#47 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

why did you do 2 threads?

Why do you have Mike Pillow as an avatar? The world is full of mysteries.

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Why do you have Mike Pillow as an avatar? The world is full of mysteries.

He is a giant pinhead. He has purchases several games from me and I have helped him secure a few others. Not much of a mystery at all.

Just weird he started 2 threads with the exact same title.

#49 2 years ago

Can we wait more than 5 seconds after announcing a new game to ask what is next ?

#50 2 years ago
    tjohyeah (resized).jpgtjohyeah (resized).jpg
    There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-next-chicago-gaming-company-1?hl=redwizard000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.