Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 544 posts
  • 158 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by EZ-Rhino
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What classics should be made next? Multiple selections allowed”

• Indiana Jones 150 votes
      13%
    • Addams Family 118 votes
      10%
    • White Water 144 votes
      12%
    • Theater of Magic 176 votes
      15%
    • Star Trek 23 votes
      2%
    • Fish Tales 43 votes
      4%
    • Fun House 44 votes
      4%
    • Circus Voltaire 103 votes
      9%
    • Champions Pub 31 votes
      3%
    • Tales of the Arabian Nights 227 votes
      19%
    • Twilight Zone 111 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 1170 votes by 579 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0D6AA392-1ACD-4A76-8F43-E053F6C79A50 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9235 (resized).jpeg
    molasses (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231115_193457 (resized).png
    download.jpg
    9945E9C5-472C-4C13-A01F-71396274B823 (resized).jpeg
    you-gotta-will-it-into-existence-msnbc.gif
    IMG_6469.gif
    maxresdefault.jpg
    7662275.gif
    IMG_6463.gif
    hope-youre-not-in-a-rush (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
    8b909aea1b3745b5676b8e196cca0f6e.jpg
    20230531_100004 (resized).jpg
    20230531_105443 (resized).jpg
    There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
    #351 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Just curious, what makes Bond a messy release and CCr not messy?

Bond: messed up released dates, missing code, a misterious 4th edition, leaked photos, spoiled reveal, pros for locations only….

Ccr: missing or extending deadlines.

I will take (and I did) the risk on ccr, at least I know what to expect. I am patient, have no rush to get a 12k toy, life is good and when it comes it comes.

Stern delivered an incomplete machine on the promise of good code with a coder who has a reputation of delivering and never completing code.

Easy choice for me.

#352 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Bond: messed up released dates, missing code, a misterious 4th edition, leaked photos, spoiled reveal, pros for locations only….
    I will take (and I did) the risk on ccr, at least I know what to expect. I am patient, have no rush to get a 12k toy, life is good and when it comes it comes.
    Stern delivered an incomplete machine on the promise of good code with a coder who has a reputation of delivering and never completing code.
    Easy choice for me.

So Lonnie can’t take his time but CGC can? Go look at Lonnie’s games. Pretty good list.

#353 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Guessing that you do as you always seem to reply .
    Please hit the ignore button !

Arrogant enough that you have to have the last say... we will add ignorant as well.

No way am I ignoring you. Someone needs to let you know you are carrying on like a [Removed]. You add nothing to pinside, pinsiders or pinball.

#354 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Different messy, Bond is like your kids that won't pick up their room and cloths everywhere, etc and they have school the next day....... and CCr is like your kids made a mess and ending up graduating high school and going to college, having kids and seeing the mess when they visit on holidays isn't as bad.

#355 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

No way am I ignoring you. Someone needs to let you know you are carrying on like a [Removed]. You add nothing to pinside, pinsiders or pinball

I'm flattered , thanks for being a fan !
    Appreciated!

#356 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

So Lonnie can’t take his time but CGC can? Go look at Lonnie’s games. Pretty good list.

loonies history is a 50/50 of either incomplete games or games that he finished with the help of other programmers at Stern. Whenever he is the lead designer is a flip of a coin as to whether it will get done and how.
    I am not defending CGC, I have zero CGC games here and a BUNCH of Sterns, including 2 loonie games. I am only willing to take one of his games once they are finished, not before.
    As for his list... Stranger Things code is terrible, nonetheless people are over paying for a mediocre game... that does not make it a good game. It has a couple good pinball moments but the rest is chopping wood.

Anyways, this is the CGC thread, not the Loonie thread, so let's get back to it.
    My money is easy on CGC on this one.

#357 1 year ago

loonies history is a 50/50 of either incomplete games or games that he finished with the help of other programmers at Stern. Whenever he is the lead designer is a flip of a coin as to whether it will get done and how.
    I am not defending CGC, I have zero CGC games here and a BUNCH of Sterns, including 2 loonie games. I am only willing to take one of his games once they are finished, not before.
    As for his list... Stranger Things code is terrible, nonetheless people are over paying for a mediocre game... that does not make it a good game. It has a couple good pinball moments but the rest is chopping wood.
    Anyways, this is the CGC thread, not the Loonie thread, so let's get back to it.
    My money is easy on CGC on this one.

Dang what did Lonnie do to you?

#358 1 year ago
    Quoted from pch3727:

Easy choice for me.

Pin_Fandango probably sums it up better than I could, though I didn’t consider Lonnie on code as messy. The production of Bond is certainly better/faster than CCr but Bond is/was a far more “messy” release, probably Stern’s worst in recent history (maybe second to Batman).

#359 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Pin_Fandango probably sums it up better than I could, though I didn’t consider Lonnie on code as messy. The production of Bond is certainly better/faster than CCr but Bond is/was a far more “messy” release, probably Stern’s worst in recent history (maybe second to Batman).

Yeah but imagine for a moment. Bond was newly created IP. CC has been around for I don't know 25 yrs. Again what is Doug's excuse JFH???

Asking for a friend

#360 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I'm not in on Bond so really don't know all the details, but Stern has a history of releasing unfinished code so its really not surprising. Stern is more focused on booking revenue (good or bad) and taking years to polish code (I've come to expect it)....CGC's issue is not code related, but simply they can't get games out the door for reasons nobody knows, but it's really been bad this time around. The comparison to the two companies just makes no sense as Stern builds more games in a week than CGC does in 6 months....

#361 1 year ago

I haven't been following the details of the CCr release, but isn't it just the LE and SE+ that seem to be having production issues?

It seems like there are regular SE machines available. I would assume then that the problem is with some part of the topper system.

Maybe CGC should do the Stern thing and only sell limited-edition toppers much later at a ridiculously high price...

#362 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:I haven't been following the details of the CCr release, but isn't it just the LE and SE+ that seem to be having production issues?
    It seems like there are regular SE machines available. I would assume then that the problem is with some part of the topper system.
    Maybe CGC should do the Stern thing and only sell limited-edition toppers much later at a ridiculously high price...

right? let's not forget ALSO CGC has not increased their prices unlike the 2 other big names.

#363 1 year ago

right? let's not forget ALSO CGC has not increased their prices unlike the 2 other big names.

About the only good thing going for CGC at the moment is the product is priced reasonably....

#364 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm not in on Bond so really don't know all the details, but Stern has a history of releasing unfinished code so its really not surprising.

Yeah, but that’s pretty much BAU for Stern as you mention. The Bond release was a sh*tshow even ignoring code status.

#365 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

About the only good thing going for CGC at the moment is the product is priced reasonably....

And they produce a high quality product and are willing to take the PR hit to get it right rather than good enough.

#366 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

And they produce a high quality product and are willing to take the PR hit to get it right rather than good enough.

#367 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Yeah, but that’s pretty much BAU for Stern as you mention. The Bond release was a sh*tshow even ignoring code status.

Stern is shipping games and communicating with their distributors, far from a shitshow.

#368 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

JC.....you must be getting your CCr free fom them with all this shilling

#369 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I would agree based on past history (when they actually knew how to build a game), but who knows with the CCRLE's as they haven't delivered many

#370 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

200w.gif200w.gif
    #372 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

But we already know the answer to this.

No, “We” do not. Nobody , -NOT EVEN THE BEST MARKETEER- can spin the lack of communication from a vendor who is late on delivery as a positive. FULL STOP

Let’s look at this from a completely different perspective.

Hypothetically-

“I am a entertainment entrepreneur” trying to build my Barcade business. I put in an order for a brand new, right out of the box, retro as all get out, CCrLE to place in my establishment.

I commit the expense to my bottom line, call my distributor and place an order, giving my business credit card to cover the deposit. I now wait for what last time ended up being 7 months for delivery… or at least that is my expectation from my prior CGC purchase. Now I’m expecting to wait at least that long, maybe a little longer, but I have a tournament coming up next year so I advertised that we would have CCrLE at the event… this event is scheduled 12 months from now so I figure it will be far enough out that any delivery delay would be inconvenient but I should be ok.

Now when my event rolls around, 12 months later, I call up my distributor, “hey where is my machine? It’s been 12 months, I got a tournament this weekend and I have advertised that CCrLE would be in the lineup, and yet nothing from you or CGC for weeks?!? Months?!?

My distributor shrugs his shoulders so loud I can hear it across the phone line. “Well I asked them what the delay is but I’ve heard nothing from them”.

End Hypothetical

Ok, @jfh, Please spin this scenario so that, just exactly how was it in CGC’s best interest, if trying to keep my business going forward, how in any universe this is the “best plan of action” by CGC towards its customers and distributors?

I’ll wait….

#373 1 year ago

Yes, by far the worst part of all this is the lack of communication from CGC.

A simple statement like...

"We're sorry that the delivery of CCr machines with toppers has been delayed. The manufacturer(s) of several key parts have not delivered what we need to complete the toppers. We currently expect those parts to arrive in about 6 weeks. Assuming that the parts arrive when expected, shipments of the CCr-LE and CCr-SE+ will resume shortly after that."

would go a long way to addressing people's concerns.

#374 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

No, “We” do not. Nobody , -NOT EVEN THE BEST MARKETEER- can spin the lack of communication from a vendor who is late on delivery as a positive. FULL STOP
    Let’s look at this from a completely different perspective.
    Hypothetically-
    “I am a entertainment entrepreneur” trying to build my Barcade business. I put in an order for a brand new, right out of the box, retro as all get out, CCrLE to place in my establishment.
    I commit the expense to my bottom line, call my distributor and place an order, giving my business credit card to cover the deposit. I now wait for what last time ended up being 7 months for delivery… or at least that is my expectation from my prior CGC purchase. Now I’m expecting to wait at least that long, maybe a little longer, but I have a tournament coming up next year so I advertised that we would have CCrLE at the event… this event is scheduled 12 months from now so I figure it will be far enough out that any delivery delay would be inconvenient but I should be ok.
    Now when my event rolls around, 12 months later, I call up my distributor, “hey where is my machine? It’s been 12 months, I got a tournament this weekend and I have advertised that CCrLE would be in the lineup, and yet nothing from you or CGC for weeks?!? Months?!?
    My distributor shrugs his shoulders so loud I can hear it across the phone line. “Well I asked them what the delay is but I’ve heard nothing from them”.
    End Hypothetical
    Ok, jfh, Please spin this scenario so that, just exactly how was it in CGC’s best interest, if trying to keep my business going forward, how in any universe this is the “best plan of action” by CGC towards its customers and distributors?
    I’ll wait….

Your scenario is actually very realistic ... there is no defending CGC's behavior although jfh tries his best. We all know complaining on PinSide won't get your game any earlier, but people (current, and future customers) should know how CGC behaves along with the decisions they choose to run their company. It would literally take CGC 10 minutes to send out updates to their distribution network (since they don't like PinSide, which is very convenient since their all over PinSide when they release a game) yet they choose not to say anything....its actually mind blowing .... yet kinda entertaining listening to the spin doctor @JFG doing his best to defend CGC....my guess is he already got his free game and has bee playing it for months

#375 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

....my guess is he already got his free game and has been playing it for months

Damn. Who told?

#376 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Damn. Who told?

Its the only logical explanation or that your actually a CGC employee

#377 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Its the only logical explanation or that your actually a CGC employee

When he started this thread and maintains the FAQ, he probably meant well.

I do wonder with what has gone on here and the attacks he's endured. Would he ever do it again ?

LTG : )

#378 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I do wonder with what has gone on here and the attacks he's endured. Would he ever do it again ?

Typical forum witch hunt. It really does not take long for the keyboard commandos that do nothing for the community to point fingers.
    It has happened to me before. It makes you wonder if you want to participate or if you even want to share the hobby with these people you might encounter at a local tournament. It is a niche hobby, very small community, even smaller for us Canadians.
    We know almost everybody in the hobby or we know someone that does, and if we dont then that is a red flag.

Be kind people.

#379 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

There is blame to go around, some of it on me as well, I’m sure.

I think it is impossible for anyone not named Lloyd to spam a thread with 1000 posts and not be beating a dead horse and serving their ego.

1 month later
    #380 1 year ago

Planetary Pinball Filed Trademarks for Big Bang Bar at the End of 2022
    https://www.knapparcade.org/post/planetary-pinball-filed-trademarks-for-big-bang-bar-at-the-end-of-2022

#381 1 year ago

Exciting news to wake up to this morning. Clicking on past links on that site leads to some very interesting stories tied to BBB, including how a game by Python Anghelo that I didn't know about contributed to Capcom pinball's downfall. Don't want to derail the thread so I'll just leave it at that. (Looks like Pinside has another topic on that game.)

2 weeks later
    #382 1 year ago

Do we have any rough rough idea on when the next one would theoretically be released?

#383 1 year ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

Do we have any rough rough idea on when the next one would theoretically be released?

Who knows? CGC is still knee-deep in getting all of the CCrs manufactured. With respect to LEs, they're very early in the production and with 1250 to produce plus SE+s I think that is taking up all of the production capacity. In addition, if the rumors persist that another small MMr run is coming (likely not this year at this rate) that might prolong any new release. Best guess on any new release would be some time in early to mid 2024, although perhaps they would announce it at the end of 2023 to stoke interest. Finally, rumor mill is that CGC's relationship with PPS has soured so that might affect things as well. In short, there are a lot of variables in play...

#384 1 year ago
    Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

rumor mill is that CGC's relationship with PPS has soured

PPS posted on Pinside about other companies and other project.

Which could be more kits like Funhouse 2.0, or other projects like Fathom.

So I wouldn't say soured. CGC has two remakes left, which no one knows for sure. So they are doing the same thing planning for the future with their own titles.

Like everyone else. It is exciting and I can't wait.

#385 1 year ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

Best case scenario CGC reveals TZ at TPF.
    That’s me being optimistic!

Richard

#386 1 year ago
    Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Who knows? CGC is still knee-deep in getting all of the CCrs manufactured. With respect to LEs, they're very early in the production and with 1250 to produce plus SE+s I think that is taking up all of the production capacity. In addition, if the rumors persist that another small MMr run is coming (likely not this year at this rate) that might prolong any new release. Best guess on any new release would be some time in early to mid 2024, although perhaps they would announce it at the end of 2023 to stoke interest. Finally, rumor mill is that CGC's relationship with PPS has soured so that might affect things as well. In short, there are a lot of variables in play...

Appreciate the insight!

#387 1 year ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Richard

I'm just hoping they will provide more info at TPF about the next MMr run...(though I'd love it they announced TZ also).

#388 1 year ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Richard

I will hope for your sake you are right.

My optimistic is EFL !

#389 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I will hope for your sake you are right.
    My optimistic is EFL !

PTC shoots better… just saying.

#390 1 year ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

PTC shoots better… just saying.

I know.

But I was threatened with a thumbs down every time I mention PTC on Pinside.

Ooops. Did it again.

1 week later
    #391 1 year ago

Whitewater would be a buy forsure!

#393 1 year ago

Buy and trade 3 other pins before this gets built

#394 1 year ago

I guess the Mark Ritchie rumors were true. Hope he knocks it out of the park but I'm awaiting MMR-R...

#395 1 year ago
    Quoted from GoodOmens:

I guess the Mark Ritchie rumors were true. Hope he knocks it out of the park but I'm awaiting MMR-R...

I guess that makes PTCR less likely.

LTG : (

#396 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Buy and trade 3 other pins before this gets built

No shit....probably explains why the CCRLE release has been so bad

#397 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

LTG : (

A Duck can dream - there is always Stern's Private Label...

#398 1 year ago

Well, here we go again on our own...

#399 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm sure you will get your wish one day LTG...

#400 1 year ago

zero chance I would buy another game from CGC unless they had them in stock and ready to ship. It's painful waiting almost two years for a game with ZERO communication.

There are 544 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-next-chicago-gaming-company-1/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.