Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 548 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by mbeardsley
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What classics should be made next? Multiple selections allowed”

• Indiana Jones 150 votes
      13%
    • Addams Family 118 votes
      10%
    • White Water 144 votes
      12%
    • Theater of Magic 177 votes
      15%
    • Star Trek 23 votes
      2%
    • Fish Tales 43 votes
      4%
    • Fun House 45 votes
      4%
    • Circus Voltaire 105 votes
      9%
    • Champions Pub 31 votes
      3%
    • Tales of the Arabian Nights 227 votes
      19%
    • Twilight Zone 111 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 1174 votes by 581 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0D6AA392-1ACD-4A76-8F43-E053F6C79A50 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9235 (resized).jpeg
    molasses (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231115_193457 (resized).png
    download.jpg
    9945E9C5-472C-4C13-A01F-71396274B823 (resized).jpeg
    you-gotta-will-it-into-existence-msnbc.gif
    IMG_6469.gif
    maxresdefault.jpg
    7662275.gif
    IMG_6463.gif
    hope-youre-not-in-a-rush (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
    8b909aea1b3745b5676b8e196cca0f6e.jpg
    20230531_100004 (resized).jpg
    20230531_105443 (resized).jpg
    There are 548 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
    #301 1 year ago

worlds most positive human being .... perhaps they can deliver this and your CCR at the same time ?

#302 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

worlds most positive human being .... perhaps they can deliver this and your CCR at the same time ?

Lol! Maybe!!

#303 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

you are asking for trouble... lol 2047 delivery

#304 1 year ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

you buy remake because new electronics?

Not the ONLY reason, but that was in a list of others…

#305 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

How long for the new Lyman software lol.

#306 1 year ago
    Quoted from John_I:

They certainly have the option of finishing off the CCr deliveries and then producing a bunch more MMr, AFMr and MBr before moving on to WH2O. You know they could sell at least 500 more of each of those first three games. A new/different LE trim for each would also sell out instantly.

I called CGC a few months ago because I wanted to convey my hope they would and should make another run of Monster Bash. But the staffer I spoke with was adamant: "We're not making any more runs of machines we've already put out. Once we finish a run it is done." So, I wouldn't get hopes up, but you never know.

#307 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

I called CGC a few months ago because I wanted to convey my hope they would and should make another run of Monster Bash. But the staffer I spoke with was adamant: "We're not making any more runs of machines we've already put out. Once we finish a run it is done." So, I wouldn't get hopes up, but you never know.

I'm not sure what staffer you spoke with at CGC but the "word" is they are going to do a very limited run of MMr in 2023 (although that may get pushed out given that CCr is taking longer to complete). I agree that the other previous remakes are probably RIP but even distributors believe that MMr is making a limited re-appearance (I'm on an interest list at 2 distributors for the next MMr run). So, we'll see...

#308 1 year ago

All I want out of CGC is a remake version of TOTAN.

#309 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nicholastree:

That seems really unlikely to me. I remember talking to Ryan after MMRE about more MMrs and he said never again. Then Doug announced another run. The intellectual property will be available, so as demand increases, why not run more during slow times? I'd guess these will be vaulted into the future periodically. They may also get so many calls for runs, that it is easier to say they are done.

#310 1 year ago
    Quoted from dts:

I remember talking to Ryan after MMRE about more MMrs and he said never again. Then Doug announced another run.

flopping-fish-toy-gif.gifflopping-fish-toy-gif.gif
    #311 1 year ago

I'm saying eventually

#312 1 year ago

I talked to a CGC rep at the Texas Pinball Festival in March. He confirmed that the plan was to do a new run of MMr after CCr was "done".

Of course, that was 9 months ago, so everything could have changed since then...

Hopefully, I can get updated info at the next TPF.

#313 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

I talked to a CGC rep at the Texas Pinball Festival in March. He confirmed that the plan was to do a new run of MMr after CCr was "done".
    Of course, that was 9 months ago, so everything could have changed since then...
    Hopefully, I can get updated info at the next TPF.

Ryan confirmed to me at TPF that a limited run of MMr was planned after CCr. Don’t know if that’s changed but it seemed pretty concrete. I also asked about another run of AFMr as I was interested in an LE. It was clear very quickly that their direction was forward, not back and we talked about how long both AFMr and MBr were available and sat in dealer inventories. They have 4-5 projects underway; I doubt they need to rely on rerunning MM/AFM/MB (not counting the last MMr run which I think is limited to a very specific number (3xx?) most/all of which are probably accounted for).

#314 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

(not counting the last MMr run which I think is limited to a very specific number (3xx?) most/all of which are probably accounted for).

I've been on the waiting list of one of their biggest distributors for 15 months already, so hopefully one of those few will be mine...but odds are it will be another year or so.

#315 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

I've been on the waiting list of one of their biggest distributors for 15 months already, so hopefully one of those few will be mine...but odds are it will be another year or so.

I've been on the list with two distributors for at least a year now but I'm not expecting anything for at least another year. Realistically, given the CCr build delays and the fact that the majority of the LEs have yet to be produced followed by the SE+'s I think we're in for a good wait for the next "mini" MMr run. Oh well.

#316 1 year ago
    Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I've been on the list with two distributors for at least a year now but I'm not expecting anything for at least another year. Realistically, given the CCr build delays and the fact that the majority of the LEs have yet to be produced followed by the SE+'s I think we're in for a good wait for the next "mini" MMr run. Oh well.

Probably about right assuming CGC actually starts getting LE's out the door, which is anyones guess.

#317 1 year ago
    Quoted from dts:

I'm saying eventually

Best not to feed the trolls.

#318 1 year ago

I’m convinced TZ is next. Would never have thought that.

#319 1 year ago
    Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I’m convinced TZ is next. Would never have thought that.

I really do not think so. CGC have said quite a few times widebobies are out but if they see demand anything is possible. TZ is pretty easy to buy used.

#320 1 year ago

TZ also needs licensing, I’m betting on an unlicensed game like TOTAN or Theatre of Magic.

#321 1 year ago

My best guess is ToTAN, high demand game, only a few thousand made, easier to manufacture than TZ, and perhaps even some code options from Benoit with integration of ToTAN 2.0. I'd love to see FH, but it is rarely mentioned as an option.

#322 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Best not to feed the trolls

e662c8cbe09ebb806df1ecd709931eb8.gife662c8cbe09ebb806df1ecd709931eb8.gif
    #323 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

TZ also needs licensing, I’m betting on an unlicensed game like TOTAN or Theatre of Magic.

Quoted from dts:

My best guess is ToTAN, high demand game, only a few thousand made, easier to manufacture than TZ, and perhaps even some code options from Benoit with integration of ToTAN 2.0. I'd love to see FH, but it is rarely mentioned as an option.

I think TOTAN or TOM.

#324 1 year ago

What are you trying to say? How old are you? 10?

Every response or smart arse comment you have used.. I have been using for you for your pleasure...

#325 1 year ago

What are you trying to say? How old are you? 10?

Every response or smart arse comment you have used.. I have been using for you for your pleasure...

Your not that smart ...

#326 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Your not that smart ...

You're kidding right?

#327 1 year ago

I think it’s going to be an original idea for #5. Release a teaser and get people interested, then the game comes out 18 months later at a slight trickle.

#328 1 year ago

There is the Pulp Fiction, and isn't Ben working on a game that Spooky/CGC are collaborating together.

Just things I've heard over the past year or so.

#329 1 year ago

I highly doubt that wide body would be the reason they didn't remake a game (i.e. IJ, TZ)....its all about licensing, demand, and of course $. IJ would be the biggest money maker by a long shot, but doubt they could license the deal. No idea if they could license TZ, but I'm sure a refreshed TZ would be a big hit as well.

#330 1 year ago
    Quoted from JBtheAVguy:

You're kidding right?

Of course... the self righteous CGC defenders that don't allow a negative comment or view about the CGC debacle is a little tiring ...
    So if they ask for trolls , I will be happy to accommodate.
    Free speech in any forum postive or negative is a great thing . Nothing wrong with an open discussion.
    My apologies to all ....

#331 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Of course... the self righteous CGC defenders that don't allow a negative comment or view about the CGC debacle is a little tiring ...
    So if they ask for trolls , I will be happy to accommodate.
    Free speech in any forum postive or negative is a great thing . Nothing wrong with an open discussion.
    My apologies to all ....

CGC is really good at making prototype games .... getting production games out the door....well we all know that story

#332 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

You are absolutely correct. But it seems you are far more interested in downvoting and trolling others. Be nice to see you forsake that for actual discussion.

#333 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

. Be nice to see you forsake that for actual discussion.

Sadly with you this impossible, your FAQ in the other thread is well done .
    However as the self imposed CGC spokesman, the winks and smiles, and the your right but your wrong slices of wisdom you provide don't allow for an open discussion, and it's you that was trying to figure a way to keep people with something negative to say out of the thread.
    We are never going to see eye to eye so let it be please .
    Sorry your so sensitive about a downvote.
    Please feel free to agree the CGC has made a total mess of the CCR release.

#334 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sadly with you this impossible, your FAQ in the other thread is well done .
    However as the self imposed CGC spokesman, the winks and smiles, and the your right but your wrong slices of wisdom you provide don't allow for an open discussion, and it's you that was trying to figure a way to keep people with something negative to say out of the thread.
    We are never going to see eye to eye so let it be please .
    Please feel free to agree the CGC has made a total mess of the CCR release.

Everyone is entitked to their own opinion. Your opinion is only important to you and your feelings of self importance.. No one really carea about your opinion just like no one cares about mine.

You are adding nothing to this thread and anything pinball really . Carry on spewing your negativity.

#335 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Your not that smart ...

Smart enough to know you are arogant enough to always have the last say!
    Back to pinball

#336 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sadly with you this impossible …
    We are never going to see eye to eye

It seems I’m not the only one; you seem to latch on to someone in most threads I see you in.

I’m not sensitive about downvotes - if you look, I have plenty and some are expected in reasonable discussions. But I can count on you and about ten others to downvote me just about every post. If it wasn’t so sad, it’d be funny.

You want to see a mess of a release? Look at Bond. At least with CCr we pretty much know why things are where they are.

#337 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

You want to see a mess of a release? Look at Bond. At least with CCr we pretty much know why things are where they are

Yes Stern has released many games since CCR released ... where we stand with CCR? Waiting no updates and no games being shipped outside USA?
    way to go CGC, please keep shilling !

#338 1 year ago

No one really carea about your opinion

Guessing that you do as you always seem to reply .
    Please hit the ignore button !

#339 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

It seems I’m not the only one; you seem to latch on to someone in most threads I see you in.
    I’m not sensitive about downvotes - if you look, I have plenty and some are expected in reasonable discussions. But I can count on you and about ten others to downvote me just about every post. If it wasn’t so sad, it’d be funny.
    You want to see a mess of a release? Look at Bond. At least with CCr we pretty much know why things are where they are.

OK I've refrained from commenting on your posts, but this one is just stupid....why do u compare CGC to Stern? They are totally different companies and Stern dwarfs CGC in getting games out the door. How do we know why CGC is where they are? Have they actually told anyone? Have they actually communicated to distributors / customers on exactly why they can't get their shit together? ..... NOPE ....its been 14 months and they've shipped like 20 LE's with another delay for whatever reason.....your defending of this company is crazy

#340 1 year ago

Are the LE being rolled out still or it isnt happening?

#341 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Are the LE being rolled out still or it isnt happening?

They rolled out a few, and stopped again...its anyones guess why ... apparently they start shipping again next year

#342 1 year ago

How is this company in business? One game in 4 years.

#343 1 year ago
    Quoted from zaki:

How is this company in business? One game in 4 years.

Ask jfh he'll give a dozen excuses why it all makes sense

#344 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

OK I've refrained from commenting on your posts, but this one is just stupid....why do u compare CGC to Stern? They are totally different companies and Stern dwarfs CGC in getting games out the door. How do we know why CGC is where they are? Have they actually told anyone? Have they actually communicated to distributors / customers on exactly why they can't get their shit together? ..... NOPE ....its been 14 months and they've shipped like 20 LE's with another delay for whatever reason.....your defending of this company is crazy

Well said ...
    Thank you ...

#345 1 year ago

Soooo. TZ is next? Lol

#346 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Well said ...
    Thank you ...

Stern makes more in a week than CGC makes in 6 months .... apples to oranges

#347 1 year ago

Until CCR are done and Pulp Fiction is built there will be no more remakes. So don't expect anything new until 2024......IMHO

#348 1 year ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

....why do u compare CGC to Stern?

He brought up the idea of a messy release. Bond has been a very messy release.

Nothing to do with comparing Stern and CGC.

#349 1 year ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Until CCR are done and Pulp Fiction is built there will be no more remakes. So don't expect anything new until 2024......IMHO

Isn’t the last MMr run in there somewhere?

#350 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

He brought up the idea of a messy release. Bond has been a very messy release.
    Nothing to do with comparing Stern and CGC.

Just curious, what makes Bond a messy release and CCr not messy?

There are 548 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-next-chicago-gaming-company-1/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.