Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 548 posts
  • 159 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by mbeardsley
  • Topic is favorited by 87 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What classics should be made next? Multiple selections allowed”

• Indiana Jones 150 votes
      13%
    • Addams Family 118 votes
      10%
    • White Water 144 votes
      12%
    • Theater of Magic 177 votes
      15%
    • Star Trek 23 votes
      2%
    • Fish Tales 43 votes
      4%
    • Fun House 45 votes
      4%
    • Circus Voltaire 105 votes
      9%
    • Champions Pub 31 votes
      3%
    • Tales of the Arabian Nights 227 votes
      19%
    • Twilight Zone 111 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 1174 votes by 581 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0D6AA392-1ACD-4A76-8F43-E053F6C79A50 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9235 (resized).jpeg
    molasses (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231115_193457 (resized).png
    download.jpg
    9945E9C5-472C-4C13-A01F-71396274B823 (resized).jpeg
    you-gotta-will-it-into-existence-msnbc.gif
    IMG_6469.gif
    maxresdefault.jpg
    7662275.gif
    IMG_6463.gif
    hope-youre-not-in-a-rush (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
    8b909aea1b3745b5676b8e196cca0f6e.jpg
    20230531_100004 (resized).jpg
    20230531_105443 (resized).jpg
    There are 548 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
    #151 1 year ago

I haven't played a TOM in years, but just thinking about it makes me sick of hearing "You have the power!".

#152 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

I haven't played a TOM in years, but just thinking about it makes me sick of hearing "You have the power!".

I always felt powerful when I heard that,now you wrecked it for me.

#153 1 year ago

I'd love to see a modern remake of TZ. With updated lighting effects, display and sound. Add in the real track for Twilight Zone by Golden earring. Could be really fantastic. It was my first pin ever and I'd be in for sure.

#154 1 year ago

BBBr should be on the list. I think it's the best option to get more playable in the wild.

#155 1 year ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I'd love to see a modern remake of TZ. With updated lighting effects, display and sound. Add in the real track for Twilight Zone by Golden earring. Could be really fantastic. It was my first pin ever and I'd be in for sure.

Agreed, I play tz at friends houses every now and then and it did not age very well.
    It is an ok game, but for today’s standards it is really a slow and shallow game.
    I played one game and almost finished the game.

1 week later
    #156 1 year ago

Whitewater or fish tales over everything else, those machines made operators big money, always fun to play

#157 1 year ago
    Quoted from daytonspink:

Whitewater or fish tales over everything else, those machines made operators big money, always fun to play

yeah, they play fast and furious, especially fish tales. A remake would sell quickly! it really needs better rules and it would be awesome if the rules were expanded/extended.

#158 1 year ago

Is there a projected date on when they could announce the next remake? August?

#159 1 year ago
    Quoted from jyeakley:

well, they have not finished this let alone announcing another one would be a little bit too much for them? I suspect there won't be any announcements this year.

#160 1 year ago
    Quoted from jyeakley:

August 2024 maybe!

#161 1 year ago
    Quoted from jyeakley:

Maybe this year I’m hoping. Some are saying a remake is next (TOM, TZ?) others thinking it is a original title (Pulp Fiction).

4 weeks later
    #162 1 year ago

Might be more news coming soon. Hopefully not getting anyone in trouble here but I noticed a pre-order listing for Tales alternate backglass and art blades on Flyland's site (and he did all the other CGC stuff). One of the descriptions has a point saying "... fits the original or the new Chicago Gaming remake!"

Can't want to see the new pin and the new artwork from Brian! I own Cactus Canyon and was looking forward to the Medieval Madness re-run to hopefully add that to the collection, but this would be awesome as well.

TalesInfo (resized).pngTalesInfo (resized).png
    #163 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dalewin:

fits the original or the new Chicago Gaming remake!"

backglass and art blades completed 7 years before game ships ...

Richard : order now and copy your CCR sticker !

#164 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dalewin:

Might be more news coming soon. Hopefully not getting anyone in trouble here but I noticed a pre-order listing for Tales alternate backglass and art blades on Flyland's site (and he did all the other CGC stuff). One of the descriptions has a point saying "... fits the original or the new Chicago Gaming remake!"
    Can't want to see the new pin and the new artwork from Brian! I own Cactus Canyon and was looking forward to the Medieval Madness re-run to hopefully add that to the collection, but this would be awesome as well.[quoted image]

TOTAN would be an instant buy for me. Played it at ReplayFX a few times; my wife and I both loved it. The spikey ball catch is genius.

#165 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

backglass and art blades completed 7 years before game ships ...
    Richard : order now and copy your CCR sticker !

Hahaha!! Good idea

#166 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dalewin:

Can't want to see the new pin and the new artwork from Brian! I own Cactus Canyon and was looking forward to the Medieval Madness re-run to hopefully add that to the collection, but this would be awesome as well.[quoted image]

Cool! I just checked his site. Doesn’t seem to be on there now?

Neat find.

#167 1 year ago

Hey guys...don't think anything into this. I'm sure that Brian was just trying to be efficient and cutting/pasting his description from the Cactus back glass that we just did. There truly is nothing here to see other than some more phenomenal art coming from Brian. Can't wait to get these produced and release it to all of you that have supported us on the alternate art endeavor that has been so well received....keep an eye out as I know you will love it!

#168 1 year ago

If it's 5 years between releases, then who will still be around that even cares.
    Really never understood CCr. Dumb game. Rare, yeah, but that's the extent of the so called desirability.
    BBB for me. All day long. Hurry up.
    jmfo

#169 1 year ago
    Quoted from jyeakley:

My inside CGC contact said the goal is to have game #5 out by March 2024. It will be a John Popudick remake this time.

#170 1 year ago

Deleted... just can't!

#171 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

My inside CGC contact said the goal is to have game #5 out by March 2024. It will be a John Popudick remake this time.

I think you mean remake #5. I hear game 5 is not a remake.

#172 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

If it's 5 years between releases, then who will still be around that even cares.
    Really never understood CCr. Dumb game. Rare, yeah, but that's the extent of the so called desirability.
    BBB for me. All day long. Hurry up.
    jmfo

What will change in 5 years? These are remakes of timeless pins.

#173 1 year ago
    Quoted from CosmoJoe:

What will change in 5 years? These are remakes of timeless pins.

I don’t know. World chaos? War? A pandemic? Increasing cost of living? Inflation? Increasing borrowing costs?
    What can go wrong.
    Lol

#174 1 year ago

I just wish they'd produce enough so I could actually buy one of the remakes currently. I've been waiting to buy AFMr or MMr for quite a while now but they haven't reran them.

#175 1 year ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

I just wish they'd produce enough so I could actually buy one of the remakes currently. I've been waiting to buy AFMr or MMr for quite a while now but they haven't reran them.

I think MMr is coming next year sometime,so try to get on a list now.

#176 1 year ago

Theysaid one more run next year ... so 2025.
    Can't even finish CCR...

#177 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dalewin:

Sorry, this was just a mistake of copy/pasting the description from a previous product when we listed TOTAN on my site.
    NO - I have no knowledge of a Chicago Gaming TOTAN remake.
    YES - I am making an alternate backglass and Side Blades for TOTAN right now (almost finished). Hope to have it available early August.
    If you'd like to be notified when it's available, please sign up here, thank you
    (sorry for the confusion)
    https://www.flylanddesigns.com/totan-request-list

#178 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Theysaid one more run next year ... so 2025.
    Can't even finish CCR...

At this stage I have a hard time understanding even what's going on or what the end goal is of the reproductions. There's way more demand than supply, they've been building for 5+ years and still haven't caught up/got things together completely.

CCr I might buy if the new software was available but that seems like it could be years before it's available based upon historical timelines from them.

Great company, great products, I just don't understand what they're doing with production...shortfalls in production happen sometimes, usually not for 5 consecutive years though, lol.

#179 1 year ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

shortfalls in production happen sometimes, usually not for 5 consecutive years though,

I'm sure they don't like the surprises that pop up either. A reliable manufacturer all of a sudden produces inferior parts. All of a sudden a manufacturer you've dealt with for years disappears and you have to find a new one that can make your parts in small quantities compared to say what an automobile manufacturer would order.

And this was happening pre covid. Which that made things even worse.

And some parts have to be made up from the start because engineer drawings weren't quite accurate or missing. And also many things were improved upon like the drop target assembly for CCR.

Believe me CGC would like to have smooth sailing through all of this. But they have to build pinball machines in the real world.

LTG : )

#180 1 year ago

Anyone else hear whisperings of Twilight Zone remake.. If so I need to get on the list for one pronto.

#181 1 year ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anyone else hear whisperings of Twilight Zone remake..

No. I only listen for PTC or EFL noises.

#182 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

PTC or EFL noises.

Punchy the Clown and .................
    Spill the beans please

#183 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Punchy the Clown and .................
    Spill the beans please

lol

#184 1 year ago

EFL (English Football League)

https://www.efl.com/

#185 1 year ago

I really want a TOTAN remake being made so people will sell their non-remakes (replacing with remake) making me able to buy one classic.

#186 1 year ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

Quite some time must not be very long for you. Dealers had AFMr in stock forever before they eventually sold out. I now regret not buying one but that’s my own fault for pulling the trigger over a year and a half or whatever it was. MMr had higher demand but it wasn’t impossible to find.

Those are evergreen titles. I wouldn’t be surprised to see small runs of MMr and/or AFMr in the next few years but they are going to be competing with the 4 or 5 other pinball projects GCG has in the pipeline.

#187 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Quite some time must not be very long for you. Dealers had AFMr in stock forever before they eventually sold out. I now regret not buying one but that’s my own fault for pulling the trigger over a year and a half or whatever it was. MMr had higher demand but it wasn’t impossible to find.
    Those are evergreen titles. I wouldn’t be surprised to see small runs of MMr and/or AFMr in the next few years but they are going to be competing with the 4 or 5 other pinball projects GCG has in the pipeline.

From my perspective, I wanted one but they were backordered a long time to start. So I waited and eventually they got caught up and I was planning on getting one as I figured they were going to ran regularly. Then the dealers ran out, the pandemic happened, and they haven't been available forever. I'm a buyer right now if they were available, I'd place my order. In fact I think I was trying to order one 2 1/2 years ago and they weren't available. Basically, it would be nice if they made a run once a year of these just so I don't have to spend $10k on one...because the second I spend 10k on one, they'll rerun them at $8k, lol. Basically, I would buy one now at $10k if I knew they weren't going to rerun them, or $8k when they rerun them, but the lack of clarity of what's going on is causing me to do nothing.

#188 1 year ago

By the time they rerun them they’ll probably be $10k or more anyway.
    If you find one you like at a price you like get it.

There is no clarity, roadmap or predictable schedules in this hobby and, when you think there is, something happens to change it.

4 weeks later
    #189 1 year ago

Chicago Gaming seems to like non licensed themes. I’d be in for Funhouse, Whitewater or Fish Tales. TOTAN or TOM would be further down on my list after those.

#190 1 year ago
    Quoted from ryank11379:

Chicago Gaming seems to like non licensed themes. I’d be in for Funhouse, Whitewater or Fish Tales. TOTAN or TOM would be further down on my list after those.

At the rate they build them ... lots of time to save ... your list is 20 years of manufacturing time for them .

#191 1 year ago

I heard a rumor that they are going to be making Arcade Legends 4, more licensed games and the newer Golden Tee included.

Any truth to this one?

4 weeks later
    #192 1 year ago

What are the chances of a TOTAN remake in the next 5 years? My wife fell in love with it but don't want to pay an exorbitant price for one.

#193 1 year ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

What are the chances of a TOTAN remake in the next 5 years? My wife fell in love with it but don't want to pay an exorbitant price for one.

if they started it in 1999 quite possible !

#194 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

if they started it in 1999 quite possible !

Haha, I actually think the chances are pretty high.

2 weeks later
    #195 1 year ago

I thought there was going to be another MM run this Fall? Guess not.

#196 1 year ago
    Quoted from Budman:

I thought there was going to be another MM run this Fall?

Ryan's podcast or video about it said 2023.

#197 1 year ago

So, just got my CCrLE pinball machine paid for and now awaiting delivery.

To all the LE buyers, What quality do you compare the LE to the stern lineup.
    Is it on the same level as the Premium, or LE.

I'm wanting to possible order the next one and I will be looking at all the models this time.

#198 1 year ago
    Quoted from JoeHog:

So, just got my CCrLE pinball machine paid for and now awaiting delivery.
    To all the LE buyers, What quality do you compare the LE to the stern lineup.
    Is it on the same level as the Premium, or LE.
    I'm wanting to possible order the next one and I will be looking at all the models this time.

The quality of a CGC machine is steps above Stern games.

#199 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

The quality of a CGC machine is steps above Stern games.

would expect nothing less as they release one remake every 4-5 years !

#200 1 year ago

CGC quality is like the quality of a stern eqsle (extra quality sle) - meaning no comparison really. Top nachos.

I would not hold your breathe for another run of AFM or MB or even CC once this run is done. MM is a little special as they did some runs to “align” models/finishes - and it would not surprise me if 2023 is their final run. They’ve got plans to move forward. But the demand for MM remains so high I would think it’s a relatively easy cash play right now and maybe fills a gap before their next pin is ready.

As they remake future titles, I’m in. Just get in when announced and you’ll have a game. Play your other games while waiting. It’s not hard to wait if you just enjoy what you have (or if you don’t have any games…enjoy the local arcades!)

There are 548 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-next-chicago-gaming-company-1/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.