(Topic ID: 303345)

What's next? Chicago Gaming Company...

By playtwowin

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What classics should be made next? Multiple selections allowed”

• Indiana Jones 150 votes
      13%
    • Addams Family 118 votes
      10%
    • White Water 144 votes
      12%
    • Theater of Magic 176 votes
      15%
    • Star Trek 23 votes
      2%
    • Fish Tales 43 votes
      4%
    • Fun House 44 votes
      4%
    • Circus Voltaire 103 votes
      9%
    • Champions Pub 31 votes
      3%
    • Tales of the Arabian Nights 227 votes
      19%
    • Twilight Zone 111 votes
      9%

(Multiple choice - 1170 votes by 579 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0D6AA392-1ACD-4A76-8F43-E053F6C79A50 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9235 (resized).jpeg
    molasses (resized).jpg
    IMG_20231115_193457 (resized).png
    download.jpg
    9945E9C5-472C-4C13-A01F-71396274B823 (resized).jpeg
    you-gotta-will-it-into-existence-msnbc.gif
    IMG_6469.gif
    maxresdefault.jpg
    7662275.gif
    IMG_6463.gif
    hope-youre-not-in-a-rush (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6449 (resized).jpeg
    8b909aea1b3745b5676b8e196cca0f6e.jpg
    20230531_100004 (resized).jpg
    20230531_105443 (resized).jpg
    There are 545 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
    #451 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, MBr was licensed from Universal, and the licensing was part of what delayed its release (supposedly). So they do have some experience there (not to mention the new Pulp Fiction).
    Whether it makes sense to license AF is another question, but I'm sure they are not avoiding it because "they haven't done a licensed theme".

My bad. Today I learned that movie copywrites last for 95 years in the US, and that even though some of those creatures (e.g. Frankenstein) were invented before that, Universal owns their "version" of the monster (what we think of as Frankenstein). Interesting. In the next decade or so I guess all of those copywrites expire though so maybe we can see some interesting adaptations or uses of those characters!

#452 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

My bad. Today I learned that movie copywrites last for 95 years in the US, and that even though some of those creatures (e.g. Frankenstein) were invented before that, Universal owns their "version" of the monster (what we think of as Frankenstein). Interesting. In the next decade or so I guess all of those copywrites expire though so maybe we can see some interesting adaptations or uses of those characters!

not when Disney activates their lobby squad to save Mickey

#453 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I think there's only like 4-5 of us in existence.

Plus one ...

#454 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Jim said they have two lines going now.
    I assume that one is doing CCr, and the other is doing PF.
    That would free up a line to do the MMr run when CCr is complete.

Who knows? they have about a 1000 CCR's to build, and 2000 PF's to build at 30-40 games per week, which is almost 17-23 months of builds. This assumes CGC doesn't have design or parts problems, which they are famous for. Fitting in an MMR build will only set back PF or CCR deliveries, which I guess could happen, but seems unlikely as CGC has their hands full

#455 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Jim said they have two lines going now.

I assume that one is doing CCr, and the other is doing PF.
    That would free up a line to do the MMr run when CCr is complete.

I don't know for fact.

I would assume CCR on both lines, with hiring and training more people to assemble. Then MMR on both lines, and later maybe change one to start PF and train then full steam ahead on both lines for PF.

LTG : )

#456 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't know for fact.
    I would assume CCR on both lines, with hiring and training more people to assemble. Then MMR on both lines, and later maybe change one to start PF and train then full steam ahead on both lines for PF.

I like the way you think,still kicking myself in the ass for not buying the MMr Royal edition.

#457 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Guessing they should have planned before they take on more builds ..

#458 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I don't know for fact.

do you know if CGC is planning on making more XL screen to upgrade other classic editions? I have an AFM that would really benefit from this (already has the colour screen/chip, just the regular size).

#459 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

do you know if CGC is planning on making more XL screen to upgrade other classic editions? I have an AFM that would really benefit from this (already has the colour screen/chip, just the regular size).

If you have the color chip already you can drop in the MMr one they sold as an upgrade. I did it to mine and has been great.

#460 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

do you know if CGC is planning on making more XL screen to upgrade other classic editions?

No idea, sorry.

#461 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Guessing they should have planned before they take on more builds ..

They did. Jim said they have two lines now. They didn't appear by spontaneous combustion.

#462 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Today I learned that movie copywrites last for 95 years in the US, and that even though some of those creatures (e.g. Frankenstein) were invented before that, Universal owns their "version" of the monster (what we think of as Frankenstein). Interesting. In the next decade or so I guess all of those copywrites expire though so maybe we can see some interesting adaptations or uses of those characters!

Yeah, that's not necessarily a good thing. I can't say that the world is a better place now that we have "Serial Killer Winnie-the-Pooh".

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #463 1 year ago
    Quoted from BOBCADE:

If you have the color chip already you can drop in the MMr one they sold as an upgrade. I did it to mine and has been great.

Any idea who has these? I have a classic AFMr with the color chip and would like to upgrade.

#464 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Any idea who has these? I have a classic AFMr with the color chip and would like to upgrade.

Check with Planetary Pinball Supply - https://www.planetarypinball.com/ - if not on website contact them.

#465 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Check with Planetary Pinball Supply - https://www.planetarypinball.com/ - if not on website contact them.

And might want to keep it hush on the use case, may be touchy. They were cool with me when I

Quoted from jfh:

I want to say I got mine from Little Shop but they are showing sold out. I do see this on a google search for Mmr xl display - https://www.gameroomguys.com/Medieval-Madness-Remake-XL-Display-Enhanced-Sound-Upgrade-Kit

*edit never mind that show out of stock also, sorry.

2 months later
    #466 10 months ago

Can't wait to add Pulp fiction to the line up! 3 Limited Editions and a Royal Edition!

20230531_100004 (resized).jpg20230531_100004 (resized).jpg20230531_105443 (resized).jpg20230531_105443 (resized).jpg20230531_105452 (resized).jpg20230531_105452 (resized).jpg
    #467 10 months ago

The definition of waiting for pinball machines is CGC ..
    Hope you get your game as soon as possible !

Nice gameroom .

#468 10 months ago

There was a $14,000 WH2O advertised at the bottom of this page just now. If there was ever a game screaming to be the next remake its Whitewater.

#469 10 months ago

Enough with Williams remakes 80bs need to make a modern appearance.

#470 10 months ago

Seriously what would it take for a gottlieb remake to hit the market after we banged out the high speed 40th edition.

Or do we just burn through the Williams bally catalog before considering something else.

#471 10 months ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Seriously what would it take for a gottlieb remake to hit the market after we banged out the high speed 40th edition.
    Or do we just burn through the Williams bally catalog before considering something else.

Yeah once they have done Whitewater and Barracora, then it is time to move on to TX Sector!

#472 10 months ago
    Quoted from Bmad21:

Yes, get some Gottlieb System 3 games !

#473 10 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

Yes, get some Gottlieb System 3 games !

I think a Gottlieb Joker Poker re-make with just one model at a below normal pro level price "might" be a winner...???

#474 10 months ago

Gotliebs street level!! Let’s go!

#475 10 months ago
    Quoted from gjm:

I think a Gottlieb Joker Poker re-make with just one model at a below normal pro level price "might" be a winner...???

Let's get crazy, dive into some of the rare titles.

#476 10 months ago

I really wonder if there's any market for remakes once you get away from the '90s Williams Bally? Look at the Fathom remake by Haggis. Now given they are a startup company in Australia. I wonder how many more would have sold if it had been Chicago gaming instead?

#477 10 months ago

There are so many great Gottlieb layouts begging for modern code/rules. Stop making 2.0 kits for games that were already good. Someone make the full layout of Gladiators worth playing. Make SF2 with actual game art, sounds, music and a modicum of scoring balance.

#478 10 months ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I really wonder if there's any market for remakes once you get away from the '90s Williams Bally?

Especially if their own titles like Pulp Fiction turn out great.

That could help decide their future games.

#479 10 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Especially if their own titles like Pulp Fiction turn out great.
    That could help decide their future games.

A series of Tarantino film games would be amazing

Kill Bill
    Reservoir Dogs
    Planet Terror/Death Proof (Grindhouse)
    Inglorious Basterds

#480 10 months ago

If you are going to remake Gottlieb games, I would think Haunted House would be high on the list. Preferably with new rules and Multi-ball.

OTOH, I'm just hoping they are still doing another run of MMr-SE.

#481 10 months ago

I heard from a CGC dealer that CGC isn't doing any more remakes. Just original titles like Pulp Fiction.

#482 10 months ago
    Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I heard from a CGC dealer that CGC isn't doing any more remakes. Just original titles like Pulp Fiction.

But they are only manufacturing Pulp Fiction, it's not their game.

So a CGC designed original would be something we haven't seen before (looks like maybe they tried 20 years ago?)

#483 10 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

So a CGC designed original would be something we haven't seen before (looks like maybe they tried 20 years ago?)

Yup ... this is one they should remake!

8b909aea1b3745b5676b8e196cca0f6e.jpg8b909aea1b3745b5676b8e196cca0f6e.jpg
    #484 10 months ago

I had a Vacation America, it was a game everyone played on game night. Maybe I should have kept it?

#485 10 months ago
    Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

That is a load of bullshit, they have a license for 6 at least, and can do more if required

#486 10 months ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

That is a load of bullshit, they have a license for 6 at least, and can do more if required

They could fill the next three years with guaranteed sales by just making Pulp Fiction, finishing CCr production and more runs of MM, AFM and MB.

#487 10 months ago
    Quoted from John_I:

They could fill the next three years with guaranteed sales by just making Pulp Fiction, finishing CCr production

will probably take them that long !

#488 10 months ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

There are so many great Gottlieb layouts begging for modern code/rules. Stop making 2.0 kits for games that were already good. Someone make the full layout of Gladiators worth playing. Make SF2 with actual game art, sounds, music and a modicum of scoring balance.

That design if tweaked could be a bi level game, might is the operative word here.

#489 10 months ago

if they went to a bank and said "we have the license for Medieval Madness! Look at how much these fuckers are selling for used! They could borrow some tens of millions and ramp up production.

#490 10 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

if they went to a bank and said "we have the license for Medieval Madness! Look at how much these fuckers are selling for used! They could borrow some tens of millions and ramp up production.

You must have a very generous bank. Especially how many games you'd have to sell to pay back tens of millions.

And ramp up takes time. They added a second line. Hiring and training people, especially for assembly, isn't easy. Look how many people Stern lost on their last move. Not everybody wants to travel across Chicago for assembly work.

CGC's working at it.

#491 10 months ago

They could make their own WH20 2.0 as a non licensed title.

1 month later
    #493 9 months ago
    Quoted from BoilerUp:

LTG I’m just gonna leave this here for you and back away slowly…

See prices are rising. People are dumping them. All signs of a remake coming.

#494 9 months ago
    Quoted from LTG:

See prices are rising. People are dumping them. All signs of a remake coming.

I was going to say the same thing...

1 month later
    #495 7 months ago

Please take The Ultimate Pinball Theme Survey (2023):
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-ultimate-pinball-theme-survey-2023

1 month later
    #496 5 months ago

Anything additional in the rumor mill concerning the final limited run of MMr? Since CGC is still working feverishly to get out all of the CCrs and then they've got Pulp Fiction I'm trying to figure out when they would fit in the final MMr run. To the extent they are now running two lines I suppose they could potentially squeeze in MMr in the near term but I'm not getting my hopes up. Anyone have any intel from Ryan White that sheds any light on current timeframe?

#497 5 months ago
    Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

on current timeframe

#499 5 months ago
    hope-youre-not-in-a-rush (resized).jpeghope-youre-not-in-a-rush (resized).jpeg
    #500 5 months ago

Always the optimist

Well, here's to hoping it occurs slightly before then...

There are 545 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-next-chicago-gaming-company-1/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.