Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 2 years ago

Cactus Canyon Remake looks great. Hopefully in the near future mine will be placed next to the other remakes from CGC. What game will they do next? Original IP, New Licensed, or another classic remake? What game do you want them to do next? New designers, New coders, Incredible manufacturing capabilities, Access to a huge catalog of iconic games, Competitive pricing and more. This company has ALL of the characteristics to take a big chunk of pinball market share. Congratulations to CGC and thank you for your contribution in keeping pinball exciting.

download.jpeg-2 (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg-2 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

They should partner up and make Pinball Circus

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from eabundy:

They should partner up and make Pinball Circus

Kinda a gimmick it will never be re-done!!

#4 2 years ago

White Water, Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic, will all get remade within this decade.

#6 2 years ago

The way prices are lately I’d say everything will get remade

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Kinda a gimmick it will never be re-done!!

Supposedly it IS being redone, but like flying cars, it seems to be perpetually stuck in “coming soon!” status.

It was always at top of my “grail” list until I actually played it for the first time at PHOF. It’s of course one of a kind with the multilevel playfields and is full of Python’s signature goodness, but unfortunately when you actually play you quickly discover the total package really is about 85% gimmickry. It might be somewhat redeemable with fully-baked game code, but it is always going to be a case of “too much of a good thing”, almost as if the game can’t get out of its own way at times.

Every pinhead should go to Vegas and play it at least once, but most will (I think) realize that it’s better experienced as a historical curiosity and showcase for peak WMS design/engineering prowess than it is as a compelling game they’ll want to bolt to their floors (especially at the $20k+ it will no doubt cost).

I think TOM would be my top choice. CGC has achieved excellent balance in providing meaningful tech and aesthetic enhancements without harming any of the original goodness, and I think TOM would be especially spectacular with their treatment. (And it will have a great quality playfield too!)

#8 2 years ago

Word is next one is not a remake but a new theme.

#9 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thermionic:

Supposedly it IS being redone, but like flying cars, it seems to be perpetually stuck in “coming soon!” status.
    It was always at top of my “grail” list until I actually played it for the first time at PHOF. It’s of course one of a kind with the multilevel playfields and is full of Python’s signature goodness, but unfortunately when you actually play you quickly discover the total package really is about 85% gimmickry. It might be somewhat redeemable with fully-baked game code, but it is always going to be a case of “too much of a good thing”, almost as if the game can’t get out of its own way at times.
    Every pinhead should go to Vegas and play it at least once, but most will (I think) realize that it’s better experienced as a historical curiosity and showcase for peak WMS design/engineering prowess than it is as a compelling game they’ll want to bolt to their floors (especially at the $20k+ it will no doubt cost).
    I think TOM would be my top choice. CGC has achieved excellent balance in providing meaningful tech and aesthetic enhancements without harming any of the original goodness, and I think TOM would be especially spectacular with their treatment. (And it will have a great quality playfield too!)

I'm glad I got to play at PHOF def one the most clever games I've ever played; but so incredibly frustrating. Must be expensive to produce with all those parts. I guess they only made two?? Pretty cool but only in a very large collection; I'm shocked that they would even consider remaking that one!!

#10 2 years ago

If it's possible for them to do it, I'd love a whodunnit

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from JakePG:

If it's possible for them to do it, I'd love a whodunnit

I don't see why they can't; but they are still common enough to find & still priced somewhat reasonable...

#12 2 years ago

Big Bang Bar would be my top choice by a wide margin followed by Theater of Magic and Whitewater.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

The way prices are lately I’d say everything will get remade

They would have to be crazy not to at this point. Every LE by every company is selling out in minutes. insanity.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-next-chicago-gaming-company and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.