Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by transprtr4u
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 months ago

I made a pretty detailed post on my TAF restoration when I did it a few years back. When I finished it, I figured it was worth about $3000 less than I had in it. Now that player's condition ones are reaching 5 figures, what's mine worth? I never really planned to sell it (unless they did a remake), but everything has a price....

The main issues I could see a buyer having are:

Restored HSA original playfield instead of a new repro. I had a couple CPR golds, and the clearcoat on the restoration blew them away. You can tell it's been touched up in a few places since the paint is slightly higher than the original artwork. Still beautiful though.

Replacement boards instead of originals. They've worked flawlessly and I'd prefer the reliability of new over 30 year old boards, but some people would want originals.

No color DMD. Don't really care for them myself, but some people expect them in a high end restoration.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-roughly-11k-taf-restoration

#2 6 months ago

simple answer .... whatever someone is willing to pay you for it
To me, I wouldn't pay more than $7k for that machine ... to others it may be worth $15k

#3 6 months ago

I don’t think anyone knows what their games are worth now. The market is crazy.

I’d go by past sales of TAF coupled with your upgrades and whatever you feel they may be ‘worth.’ Don’t be afraid to ask what you want, even if you get flamed.

#4 6 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I don’t think anyone knows what their games are worth now. The market is crazy.
I’d go by past sales of TAF coupled with your upgrades and whatever you feel they may be ‘worth.’ Don’t be afraid to ask what you want, even if you get flamed.

Pretty much why I was asking. I see a lot of pending and archived sales lately in the $11-15k range that I'd argue didn't go nearly into the level of detail I did on mine. All new switches and connectors? Who does that but a crazy person.

#5 6 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

Pretty much why I was asking. I see a lot of pending and archived sales lately in the $11-15k range that I'd argue didn't go nearly into the level of detail I did on mine. All new switches and connectors? Who does that but a crazy person.

It was essentially a complete rebuild with 95% new parts

#6 6 months ago

I would pay about 8k. So that probably means you could post it for around 12.5k and it would sell.

#7 6 months ago

In this market you would get your investment money back plus some. TAF is always a hot title.

#8 6 months ago

Hard to tell, I don’t think pinflation has hit the classic quite as hard as low stock stern premium/LEs.

#9 6 months ago

bout tree fiddy

#10 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hard to tell, I don’t think pinflation has hit the classic quite as hard as low stock stern premium/LEs.

I think it has hit them even harder. TZ's are now routinely selling for over $10,000...nice ones even more. TAF's rarely come up at all. IJ has blasted off too...

#11 6 months ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think it has hit them even harder. TZ's are now routinely selling for over $10,000...nice ones even more. TAF's rarely come up at all. IJ has blasted off too...

I saw a Walking Dead Pro locally on FB at $8000 and it's marked sold now. I sold my LE with topper for less than that earlier this year. What's that, a $15k game now? Talk about bad timing on that sale. I had planned to roll that money over to a Jurassic Park premium for the same price, but never did. That ship has sailed.

#12 6 months ago

If you really wanna find out how much is worth, list it for $25k obo. (Maybe go higher, these days that might be too low to grab attention)

Priced properly, your listing will get plenty of attention! 2-4 pages of comments all over the spectrum (including hits like "Does it come with the crack pipe?" or "I've had offers of $25k for *mine* but I won't sell")

By the time the dust settles, you'll likely have received a few real offers. Then you can happily choose your buyer and take your $15k +/- to the bank!

But *please* share the actual selling price at the end of the fiasco. There's been way too many moon-shot sales lately that apparently went through, but without a final selling price disclosed from seller...

#13 6 months ago

8.5k IMO not a penny more

#14 6 months ago
Quoted from frunch:

If you really wanna find out how much is worth, list it for $25k obo. (Maybe go higher, these days that might be too low to grab attention)
Priced properly, your listing will get plenty of attention! 2-4 pages of comments all over the spectrum (including hits like "Does it come with the crack pipe?" or "I've had offers of $25k for *mine* but I won't sell"
By the time the dust settles, you'll likely have received a few real offers. Then you can happily choose your buyer and take your $15k +/- to the bank!
But *please* share the actual selling price at the end of the fiasco. There's been way too many moon-shot sales lately that apparently went through, but without a final selling price disclosed from seller...

My life would be ruined if my 96% thumbs up ratio took that hit

#15 6 months ago

It’s been funny watching Funhouse pricing swing all over the map since code was announced. Who knows anymore.
List it for what you believe you have into it and see what happens. Most still respect the time and effort bringing back a classic.

#16 6 months ago

I would not sell my Gold for less than 18k if reg ones are at 10k plus.

#17 6 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

My life would be ruined if my 96% thumbs up ratio took that hit

Gave you a thumbs up--just to help your ratio weather the storm in case you decide to give it a whirl

#18 6 months ago

I would sell it for the most someone will pay for it. me personally. I wont buy a machine that's 5k and up. i mean that's allot of money to spend for a pinball machine.

#19 6 months ago

My buddy was offered 22K for his Addams Gold which is a documented HUO machine.
It has the certificate and it’s pretty close to perfect. The cabinet and head are flawless.

He’s not selling, but I thought that was ridiculous. Maybe it’s fair in this market.

#20 6 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I made a pretty detailed post on my TAF restoration when I did it a few years back. When I finished it, I figured it was worth about $3000 less than I had in it. Now that player's condition ones are reaching 5 figures, what's mine worth? I never really planned to sell it (unless they did a remake), but everything has a price....
The main issues I could see a buyer having are:
Restored HSA original playfield instead of a new repro. I had a couple CPR golds, and the clearcoat on the restoration blew them away. You can tell it's been touched up in a few places since the paint is slightly higher than the original artwork. Still beautiful though.
Replacement boards instead of originals. They've worked flawlessly and I'd prefer the reliability of new over 30 year old boards, but some people would want originals.
No color DMD. Don't really care for them myself, but some people expect them in a high end restoration.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-roughly-11k-taf-restoration

I’d say +/- $20k is a safe bet

#21 6 months ago

How fast do you want to sell it? $12k moves it out in a week and it sits longer > $13.

Add 10% to the price for Facebook.

Seems there are a lot listed now compared to normal (people cashing in)

#22 6 months ago

As an interested buyer my answer should be 7k. lol. You made a termendous effort to build a perfect game and it shows. Easily offer you 10k though you could likely get more in this market. Well done.

#23 6 months ago
Quoted from loneacer:

I saw a Walking Dead Pro locally on FB at $8000 and it's marked sold now.

Maybe they accepted 5-6k range for it, can't just assume it sold for asking.

#24 6 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Maybe they accepted 5-6k range for it, can't just assume it sold for asking.

8k for a walking dead pro is a little hard to believe even in this market. he also had a judge dredd that supposedly sold for $5500. i think he's full of shit or he found the dumbest ass on here.

#25 6 months ago

If it is as beautiful as you say, in todays market $15K easy. Up to 20K if you find the right person.

Crazy times we live in.

#26 6 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

If it is as beautiful as you say, in todays market $15K easy. Up to 20K if you find the right person.
Crazy times we live in.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I don't need the money, it would just sit in the bank drawing 0.05% interest. Just holding on to games has undoubtedly been the way to go for price appreciation. Everything I own is for sale for the right price. $15k would get my attention. $20k would be a done deal. Somewhere in between would probably get it done. Just typing those numbers feels ridiculous. A year ago, $10k would be ripping people off.

#27 6 months ago

$1000.00 ... on my way to pick it up!
Sorry had to .. whatever the buyer is willing to pay .
GLWS

Crazy stupid prices now ...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Dystopic Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!