Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Rdoyle1978
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's more important? - Theme/License or Layout/Shots/Code”

• Theme/License 13 votes
      20%
    • Layout/Shots/Code 51 votes
      80%

(64 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PBFan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 5 years ago

For me (to have a pin in my home) - it is ultimately the FUN factor. I am often surprised at which Pins I find Fun and which ones I don't. My personal examples below.

example 1: Scared Stiff. I fell in love with that game at a fellow collectors home and just had to have one. I had no desire to own that theme but after playing it I just felt that the overall package, sounds, lights, theme, gameplay and innuendo just made me smile and have fun every time I played it. I only sold it because I needed to fund my Tron LE - it is the only game that I really miss (owned it for 3 years).

example 2: TSPP. I love the show and given the great theme integration and awesome toys - I should have loved that game. I don't like it and I have tried so hard to like it (tried to force myself - played it tons!). It has everything that I should like but it just doesn't give me Fun.

example 3: Lord of the Rings. An absolutely awesome game to play but it can be a lengthy adventure. I don't play it much but it is perhaps my favourite game - I just don't have that much time to play it but when I do - man that games is kick-ass Fun.

example 4: WOZ. I love the gameplay and it's uniqueness. This is the only theme that I hate - because I absolutely cannot stand the movie (not sure why - I think it is because I hate the Lion character). Only theme I don't think I could own but I really want to own it to play for a bit - almost convinced to buy (for a while). It is a great game to play and I have Fun playing it.

Theme is important to me (to own - not to play) but it is the overall package - I am a lights/sound guy (love home theatre setups) - audio completes the experience for me.

I really have to play a game for a bit to determine if it is worth (me) owning. While I quite enjoy hearing what others think - I never blindly follow the crowd. I like what I like and enjoy playing games I don't think I will like because you never know.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PBFan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-more-important-theme-license-or-layout-shots-code?tu=PBFan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.