Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Handbill - Unboxing a Bally Silver Sails (1962).pdf (PDF preview)
    AB2CD267-AB76-4DEF-8743-FCFB19974DF0 (resized).png
    567672B4-B47E-4A2C-BFF7-A30F75BC8AB4 (resized).png
    vVPamcr (resized).png
    bingoRowChant.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vic_camp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago

This is fantastic news! The NIB Silver Sails couldn't have went to a better guy or home. Well deserved for all you do for the hobby and collectors around the globe.

I can't wait to here about all the information Bally Bingo collectors will learn from this grand unveiling at which would be nice if it takes place in York PA on Bingo Row. Please make sure that there will be plenty of videos taking place at this spectacular unveiling event when ever or where ever it might occur.

Dennis can you tell us any other information about the game....?

A) How many owners through the years or if it was ever offered for sale in the past?
    B) How well was it taken care for and in what kind storage was it in like garage, basement, warehouse, amusement company..etc?
    C) How many hands did it pass since you got it?
    D) Has there been any other NIB bingos in the past that have sold or kept in the box from 1950's or 1960's?

I heard of some 1970's Bally Tahiti bingos in the past up for sale and maybe a couple of other bingos,but not sure and can't think of the other NIB titles that perhaps might have also been offered for sale?

Anyway you look at this Silver Sails find it is incredible. I am hoping that the game is in remarkable condition for it being in a cardboard box for 57 years. This might depend on where and how the game was in storage for all them years. Well the good thing is....we will find out.

3. I'm thinking there won't be any "grey colored" dead rubbers on the four red post.
    4. What serial number "Reflex Unit Gear" installed from factory?
    5. What brand keys come with factory game and key numbers?
    6. Type of balls? Brand name and or magnetic?
    7. What a full complete instructions and score card package consist of?
    8. Would there be any spare parts? Maybe extra reflex gears for operators to switch out for payouts?
    9. Any types of factory oils for motors or lubes for stepping units?

#26 5 years ago

Good information about the "hurry up close out sale of their existing stock right before the government ban on manufacturing of the games in 1963 was about to be enforced" could "explain why so many Golden Gates and Silver Sails have mismatched backglasses" and playfields.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I feel like I could get into bingos, but they seem like alien technology to me. I just don’t understand them, especially the complicated ones. I feel like I need to really hunker down on one with someone who could explain it.

Why wait until the York show when you can get a jump start learning about the bingos beforehand.... when you do go to York and play at bingo row you'll fit right in before you even get there.

You are welcome to come by my collection. I live to teach about the bingos!
    I have a Silver Sails and 5 others.

Anyone else interested in learning about bingos and are close enough to drive to my place are welcome to join us.
    pm me....

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

That's always been my assumption and seems pretty logical - wouldn't it be funny if it had the wrong glass, playfield, or cabinet?

Very good thought Nick.

#46 5 years ago

It would be amazing if it does "work straight out of the box". I wouldn't it expect it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vic_camp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-in-the-box?tu=vic_camp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.