(Topic ID: 304231)

What's happening to your games when you kick the bucket?

By horseflesh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from horseflesh:

I'm not THAT old, but I've been thinking about this lately.
What happens to my games when I buy the farm? They are the only things I have that are kind of cool and worth preserving. I want them to be enjoyed for decades more.
My best idea is an arcade museum, but what if museums aren't interested? It's not like I have a Pinball Circus, the games are ordinary.
I won't have any family to help at the end, so I need to make a plan in well advance.
(For that matter I will need a plan to dispose of all my other assets, but it's a lot easier to figure out where I want to send a check, you know?)

The issue I see with the museum idea is most of those museums fail and assets ended up getting auctioned off. So basically there is no guarantee they will live on in a museums collection. If you don't have family to pass them down to maybe the best thing to do is have something in your will to send all your assets to auction then have money from auction sent to a specific charity.

I look at things two ways - first off once I am dead what do I care what happens to my stuff. And secondly 25 years from now things will be different so even if I decide to donate something the place I donate to might be gone.

My mom was a well loved college professor and when she passed away they did a wing of one of the buildings in her honor. Sadly that building is now gone and she has been long forgotten. Crazy how much happens in a 20 or 30 year span of time!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-happening-to-your-games-when-you-kick-the-bucket?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.