(Topic ID: 229705)

What's a great title for both beginners and pros?

By EvanDickson

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PtownPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ealadubhsidhe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 5 years ago

No System 11s on the list?

#48 5 years ago

I wouldn't include Funhouse - it's a difficult game for beginners to follow the flow of and really click what's going on. It's also a game of secrets.

For early solid states with a unique gimmick, a universal appeal and that aren't easy to max out, I'd say Mr & Mrs Pac-Man. For 90s games, I'm surprised Capcom's Breakshot hasn't come up.

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

I vote for Taxi as well.

Taxi was the first game I had in mind when I said System 11s, with BK2K being the second and Rollergames the third. Not sure how many people here would claim the latter two to be 'beginner-friendly' though.

#68 5 years ago

Not a lot of love for Data Easts either, I'm seeing. I would have thought DE Star Wars or Jurassic Park would have got a nomination. DE Star Wars was my first machine which I kept for several years. Neither are super-deep, but both have appealing toys and shots for beginners to focus on, and remain good score-attack games for more proficient players IMO.

#70 5 years ago

You know, this may sound like sacrilege but if we're talking about genuine newcomers who have never flipped anything before, it may be the best idea to sit them down with Zen or Farsight first, see what they can cope and are comfortable with, and go on from there in compiling a potential list.

#78 5 years ago

A little surprised that Blackout would be a pro's favourite rather than Firepower; as with the majority of late 1979 - 1980 six-digit games it's not that hard to roll over once you get a good feel for it. The main exceptions I've found are Zaccarias from this period which tend to be naturally lower scoring without necessarily feeling more difficult, so one of these with a nice array of drop targets is worth considering if you can find it. Fire Mountain is a lot of fun.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ealadubhsidhe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-a-great-title-for-both-beginners-and-pros?tu=ealadubhsidhe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.