(Topic ID: 229705)

What's a great title for both beginners and pros?

By EvanDickson

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PtownPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pwaka1986.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Taxi was the first game I had in mind when I said System 11s, with BK2K being the second and Rollergames the third. Not sure how many people here would claim the latter two to be 'beginner-friendly' though.

I have Williams Pinball Hall of Fame for the Wii and thats where I learned how pinball really worked before I started obsessing with it and wanting to play machines in real life. It had Gorgar, Black Knight, Firepower, Space Shuttle, Pinbot, Taxi, Whirlwind, and Funhouse on there.

Firepower is great for learning ball control and shooting.

Space Shuttle is SO fun too, easy to get multi ball.

Pinbot and Funhouse... such cool games and concept but a real bear for beginners.

Whirlwind... simple enough, lots of fun, but has some complexity to it that keeps it interesting even for more advanced players.

Taxi far and away was the most addictive of those titles for me. So simple in concept, but just out of consistent reach to get the jackpot every time. Only downside is that actual machines need to have strong flippers, because those ramps are killers when you can't get them all the way around.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spagano314:

Fish Tales. Easy to understand but can be very difficult to complete. Beginners like it and pros like it as well.

There's a fish tales at my local arcade. I absolutely love that game. shooting the alternating boat shot with the music build each time is a real adrenaline rush. and then you do it and the machine rumbles like you caught the monster fish. LOVE IT!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pwaka1986.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-a-great-title-for-both-beginners-and-pros?tu=Pwaka1986 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.