(Topic ID: 221059)

What's a Gottlieb "Vegas" (1990) worth?

By gac

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frippertron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

They are pretty rare, so it's tough to put an exact price on it. If you REALLY wanted the game pay it but I would offer around $1700-1800 in nice condition of course. Some people love these street level pins and others don't, I love them.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm not sure I would go over $1200 for one. Rare, yes; popular--not so much.

I think my 1700 and your 1200 is the difference between a big fan of the game and one who's not.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

What is "street level" a reference to?
(as for Vegas... played one a couple years ago at Midwest Gaming Classic, and was one of the few machines I walked away thinking "What a dog.")

A series of back to basics single level (no ramps) games Premier tried in 1990-91. Vegas, Hoops, Deadly Weapon, Title Fight, Car Hop, and Silver Slugger. People seem to really like them or hate them. They were very creative though and are very interestingly designed. Collect them all!

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Game is terrible. Left orbit all day. Zzzzzz.

You have to knock the drops on the right down 3 times, then go for the orbit, which is progressive and goes up to multiple millions. Harder than it sounds. You can also go for the slot or cashier? Awards ( I forget what they are called), but there are two strategies on this pin. This pin has its fans.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I know a lot of people like to take dumps on the street level games (and, honestly, a lot of the criticism is probably deserved), but street level games, to me, had some of the most creative playfield layouts since the early Bally solid state games.
Even if they have horrendous rules imbalances, I still enjoy playing them.

100% right, Max. I don't think anyone is saying that these are fantastic tournament games but they are an interesting part of pinball history with unique and clever shots ( deadly weapon, hoops, and car hop being the best layouts)

#20 5 years ago

So back to price! If you really like the game, make an offer in the 1200-1500 range I would say. If you could live without it, move along.

#21 5 years ago

Did you make an offer?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frippertron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-a-gottlieb-vegas-1990-worth?tu=Frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.