(Topic ID: 253627)

What's a good game for some tastily done higher end mods?

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Belly Dancer (resized).jpg
    BD on pf (resized).jpg
    149803C7-BCB8-4A95-9522-232E9F977CFA (resized).jpeg
    17D7EB1E-3BFE-44AC-8FD8-FCC1DE9A3B55 (resized).jpeg
    19E592D3-6F78-4C74-B6CE-B86AC35A3305 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

The only higher end mod that makes any sense to me is ColorDMD. Looks great on a lot of modern games. Extra toys? Ditch 'em.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

TOTAN? Really? Any ideas? I bought a snake for the launch and got the genii eye mod. I can't figure out what else to do there... maybe the skeleton on the left spikes. I'll take a look again, I haven't played in a while because mine is borked.

Gah! You're worried about mods?....seems you need to change your priorities.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from harryhoudini:

This is true. I've got to research more. No one seems to know what to look at exactly for my issue. Game resets when ramp magnet grabs ball. Got the power board from Rob kahr and it showed no issues. Seems like some power issue but I'm not familiar with this era as much.

Generally this type of problem is somewhat easier to troubleshoot if it is consistent. Does this happen every time the magnet is activated, or not always?
    A full reset on a computer type of device like a pin is often the result of the logic voltage slipping below the minimum thresholdge supply. Several possibilities:

Logic voltage supply has a problem, resulting in a low output and possibly poor regulation vulnerable to collapse from high current draw devices, or just many of them operating at one time. Check DC logic voltage, preferably it should be on the high side of the range. The +5VDC tolerance is +/-5%, or +4.750 VDC to +5.250 VDC. If you are flirting with 4.7VDC or less, you are more susceptible to experiencing a reset under certain conditions. Check AC ripple of the power supply for filtering problems that can contribute to a weak supply.

Perhaps the power supply is healthy, but something else is causing the problem. A bad/cracked or missing flyback diode on a solenoid can cause resets, check ramp magnet coil diode. A loose or other defective connector problem can be a possibility. Check the magnet supply wiring and connections all the way back to the source.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wpc-reset-my-voltage-is-55v#post-474737

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-a-good-game-for-some-tastily-done-higher-end-mods-?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.