(Topic ID: 255373)

What's a good fast shooting, fun short game?

By Rdoyle1978

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5F294614-E115-4062-957D-F1E3DC405C90 (resized).jpeg
    DB32BE45-7956-4AD8-9518-C1DF09CEB21B (resized).jpeg
    Beatles Pinball bar chart (resized).png
    Beatles Pinball stat table (resized).png
    9705A132-E47B-456A-B872-18CDB372597A (resized).jpeg
    BE4D23CB-4940-4FFD-8B0A-595C1E0EC566 (resized).jpeg
    C368E127-54FD-43CA-8279-4CDEC6024D83 (resized).jpeg
    drac (resized).jpeg
    There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

I've got a lot of long-play games - Hobbit, JJP POTC, and TZ, and STTNG (kinda). Even my Houdini is a fairly long-playing game.

I also have an original MB and really like switching over to that game when I don't feel like getting involved for 30+ minute games. What else should I be looking for? How are the recent Stern releases (e.g. Elvira, Munsters) at those short, fast games? I mean fast as in fast shooting, but I guess also in terms of quick ball times.

#2 4 years ago

Funhouse is on your list. Try that one.

#3 4 years ago

TNA. It is fast, simple, and fun. It is the perfect multiplayer game with easy to understand rules and keeps you coming back for more.

#4 4 years ago

Fish Tales

#5 4 years ago

IM hands down

#6 4 years ago

Iron Man. For an older game, try Taxi set up steep and fast.

#7 4 years ago

I find that older games, early SS and EMs, are the best for short yet engaging games and there are so many to choose from!

#8 4 years ago

Tron, TNA, Iron Man

#9 4 years ago

Whirlwind with the lanes all the way open with strong flippers and new rubbers. 10/10.

#10 4 years ago

F14 surprisingly. Simple objectives, a ball buster. I've had almost every B/W title and was surprised how this thing kicks your ass. Try shadow also. Another ball buster but deeper than F14.

#11 4 years ago

Anything by Steve Ritchie. Recommend F14 Tomcat, High Speed, Stern Star Wars. Or could go look at just about any early solid state.

#12 4 years ago

Sinbad. Joker Poker.

#13 4 years ago

Iron man is my favorite modern stern that’s fast and has shorter ball times. I keep coming back for more. I’ve had a lot of fun on Beatles lately too

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

F14 surprisingly. Simple objectives, a ball buster. I've had almost every B/W title and was surprised how this thing kicks your ass. Try shadow also. Another ball buster but deeper than F14.

I agree with both of these.

I owned Hobbit and loved it but after playing one game for 30+ minutes it is hard to push the start button again. I owned F14 for a few weeks and it kicked my butt every time I played it but I really enjoyed it. Now I'm left with Shadow and TNA which both have fun objectives and can have short ball times but when things are going right they both have depth.

#15 4 years ago

Beatles

#16 4 years ago

Iron Man
    Beatles
    Whirlwind
    T2

#18 4 years ago

Sounds like the perfect way to describe a BSD

#20 4 years ago

STARS!

#21 4 years ago

Yet another vote for F14, Tomcat.

"AH-HAHA-HA!"

#22 4 years ago

IMVE most played game in my collection by pinheads and non-pinheads. Fast and furious with awesome audio.

#25 4 years ago

Munsters Premium is currently scratching my itch for a rocket fast, smooth flowing, easily understandable ruleset that will always leave you pushing the start button just one more time.

There are less expensive options for sure...T2, High speed, etc... but if you want something newer...give Munsters a look!

#26 4 years ago

Best short playing games are Em's and most early solid states. Some newer games that are pretty quick playing are Beatles, Iron Man, Robocop, BSD, TNA, and SW.

#27 4 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic is a very fast shooter

#28 4 years ago

Can’t go wrong with a classic Eight Ball Deluxe!

#29 4 years ago

TNA
    Any system 11 game

#30 4 years ago

Beatles, TNA, AFM if you have the pitch high enough, Eight Ball Deluxe, Gorgar, Deadpool, off the top of my head. Batman 66 is a pretty fast shooter and easy to nudge, and tons of fun with the theme and jazzy music, but a game can easily go on 10+ minutes once you get good at it. Just not 45 minutes like The Hobbit.

#31 4 years ago

Deadpool premium & IJ Williams are fast shooters

#32 4 years ago

This was the correct answer. Iron Man provides pinball satisfaction or pinball frustration like a freight train. Nothing stops it. It’s brutal, horrible, and wonderful within minutes. If you’ve got 10 minutes you can play 3 games, and then get a glass of water as you sit around for the last minute. But when you stomp on it, pure bliss.

#33 4 years ago

Aerosmith pro. Fast, and what I believe to be undervalued right now.

#34 4 years ago

Iron Man

#35 4 years ago

Good answers here. I've got to unload one machine and wouldn't mind rotating one out with a cheaper SS for once. F14 is a great suggestion. Maybe HS too.

#37 4 years ago

Firepower

#38 4 years ago

Blackout

#39 4 years ago

Iron Man for the win
    Stern Star Trek is also a contender

#40 4 years ago

I say star wars, dead pool, iron maiden play fast

#41 4 years ago

theatre of magic, corvette, black knight sword of rage

#42 4 years ago

I have Ironman and Indy 500 I think they are short and fast. Also I don't own but BKsor I played at MGC seemed short and fast.

Neighbors BSD.

#43 4 years ago

Funhouse was what I thought of when I saw the forum and was pleased to see it was the first recommendation. Others I've owned that fit the criteria include Bsd and Fishtales. As others have said basically any early 80s Ballys.

#44 4 years ago

TNA hands down, plus it has the added benefit of being an awesome co-op game.

#45 4 years ago

I've never pushed start as much as I have with F14.

#46 4 years ago

Most people already know this but I'll jump back in as I learned this embarrassingly late. You can make your games much faster and tougher... tonight. When I first got my Whirlwind I was playing 30 minute games on it... and racking up around 50 million points. to be honest it kind of ... sucked. But it's my favorite game now. In order to make it my favorite I opened up the outlanes, increased the pitch, rebuilt the flippers, and switched out the rubbers. Now I play 5 minute games and am lucky to get 10 million points. It's awesome.

My main recommendation on getting a game that plays well in a shorter amount of time is to find a game that doesn't require a ton of steps to rack up the big points. ST:TNG requires you to complete 8 modes to get wizard mode (which I've never gotten). You have to work hard to set up and get those big points. Whirlwind isn't like that...

Other games that fit the not alot of setup to have a good game include the early Pat Lawlors like Earthshaker, Whirlwind, and Funhouse, some of the earlier Steve Ritchie's like FirePower, Gettaway (I've never played it), and High Speed. If you want a more modern game look into "Munsters".

No matter what you end up with... it will be pinball and it will be fun.

It's on the other side of DC, but if you've never been there check out the High Speed, F-14, Firepower, Munsters, and Taxi at Mom's Organic Market in College Park https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/11547-mom-s-organic-market-college-park-md... They've got like 40 games.

Good luck!

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from drummermike:

Funhouse is on your list. Try that one.

I’ve learned in league play that Funhouse is one damn long playing game if you want it to be.

I500
    Iron Man
    Tron
    Fish Tales

#48 4 years ago

Munster's is a blast

#50 4 years ago

For modern games, TNA gets my vote, followed by Iron Man. BSD is also an infamous ball-buster. For older games, you wouldn’t go wrong with any of the Steve Ritchie System 11s. Lord knows BK2K was my shortest when I owned it. “You can do it, you can do it” my ass

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-a-good-fast-shooting-fun-short-game?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.