(Topic ID: 255373)

What's a good fast shooting, fun short game?

By Rdoyle1978

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5F294614-E115-4062-957D-F1E3DC405C90 (resized).jpeg
    DB32BE45-7956-4AD8-9518-C1DF09CEB21B (resized).jpeg
    Beatles Pinball bar chart (resized).png
    Beatles Pinball stat table (resized).png
    9705A132-E47B-456A-B872-18CDB372597A (resized).jpeg
    BE4D23CB-4940-4FFD-8B0A-595C1E0EC566 (resized).jpeg
    C368E127-54FD-43CA-8279-4CDEC6024D83 (resized).jpeg
    drac (resized).jpeg
    There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 4 years ago

IM, Tron....they hate me (but keep pushing the button). Both can be brutally fast and very short.

#102 4 years ago

Technically not a pin, but fits the description of fast/shooting fun game.

Hyperball.

#104 4 years ago

Maiden is great for quick games. Once you hear that dog shit music you’ll “RUN FOR THE HILLS!!”

#105 4 years ago
    Quoted from Adaminski:

We have LOTR, Wonka, Stern SWLE, and Beatles. So, 2 longer playing games, and 2 shorter playing games. SWLE is a fast shooting game, and can be over quickly, but once you get good, a 3-ball game with some extra balls can get quite long (10-15 minutes?) if you advance a lot of the modes and quests.
    I'd vote for Beatles as a "a good fast shooting, fun short game." With its single level, it looks like the old SS that it's based upon (I've played Seawitch), but the geometry is tweaked just a little bit. Between trying to string together multiple clockwise loops, the strong pop bumpers, and the magnetic spinning record disk, the ball can really zoom around.
    I put some data together for a post in the Beatles club...
    The average complete game time on our Beatles pinball for 3 ball games is 4 minutes, 17 seconds
    We use default settings: 3 ball games, a max of 3 extra balls per game, and new modes start by knocking down FAB-FOUR and hitting a loop. We do have outlanes set easy (closed down as much as posts allow), and the data below only includes complete games, not restarts, so reduce our average a bit for true "default" settings.
    Most games have been played by me, probably ~70%. I'm good, but not great. I can get to Hard Day's night multiball once every ~5-8 games (hard to quantify). I've been able to get to Taxman multiball ~5 times.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wtf

#106 4 years ago

Target Alpha. Or any of its subsidiaries.

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think people are forgetting the "short" aspect of it.
    There's nothing aboot Shadow, I500, Maiden, DH etc etc that are short.

True. I am looking for games primarily that are not a tremendous time investment yet are still fun. I have the “journey” games (TH, POTC, TZ) but also like the short satisfying games to balance it out

#108 4 years ago

BKSOR

#109 4 years ago

Tron!!!!!!! Selfless plug buy mine sword of rage is quick until you learn how to play it, if you backhand most shots there is much less risk and the games can last long.

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-a-good-fast-shooting-fun-short-game/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.