(Topic ID: 254622)

What's a fair price to sell my HUO Dialed In?

By ralphs007

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0C96F27E-50C3-4A31-BF8A-5FE0DDD7CE9A (resized).jpeg
    shooterlane uptodate (resized).JPG
    IMG_20191007_150240968 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191007_150319913 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191007_150249086 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191007_150232765 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191007_150217114 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20191007_150206293 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Selling my Dialed In LE. It's in excellent condition,and I bought it in June of 2018. It had cliffy's installed at the factory,plus the ones I installed on the inlanes. I also added plastic protectors,and a Mezel Mods Topper.
    I'm asking 7,800 for this machine.
    I have this game listed in the marketplace. It has 3,200 games on it,but since I'm not very good at pinball,some of those games are less than 5 minutes. I don't have to get every last dollar I can get when I sell something. I just don't wanna under price my machine.
    I had someone tell me because of the high amounts of play on this game,it's only worth 7,000! I don't know much about buying and selling pinball machines,but that offer seemed a little insulting to me! I'd rather give the game to my son in law,than have someone lowball me.
    So what's a fair price to list this game at,I want by the pinside recommendations,but maybe that number is a little high,since I do have 3,200 games on it.
    Thanks in advance
    Ralph.

IMG_20191007_150206293 (resized).jpgIMG_20191007_150206293 (resized).jpgIMG_20191007_150217114 (resized).jpgIMG_20191007_150217114 (resized).jpgIMG_20191007_150232765 (resized).jpgIMG_20191007_150232765 (resized).jpgIMG_20191007_150240968 (resized).jpgIMG_20191007_150240968 (resized).jpgIMG_20191007_150249086 (resized).jpgIMG_20191007_150249086 (resized).jpgIMG_20191007_150319913 (resized).jpgIMG_20191007_150319913 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

$7500-7700 should be a fair price

#3 4 years ago

3200 games is a low number of plays

#4 4 years ago

Condition is king and 3200 is not a lot of plays anyhow. With the mods and condition your price is probably about right
    Glws

#5 4 years ago

7500 Max. DI prices are in the toilet with all the other competition and a game with a theme everyone wanted until they actually unveiled it doesn't help..... And I love the game

If the guy offered 7k that's not a low ball. Saying 3200 is high though is also incorrect. 3200 is not a high amount of plays.

#6 4 years ago

You'll know soon enough if you are too high, because you'll have no offers other than low balls.

3200 is fine.

Delt has a point about new games flooding the market though. Without going into "bubble" talk, I think we are witnessing a slow down in the price inflation, so games a few years old should expect to take a slight hit.

I'd love your game, but I'm more in the 5k range (for any game, my budget, not saying yours is worth 5k!).

Glws

#7 4 years ago

My 2 cents....
    7800 might be too high in todays market.
    7200 should trigger a sale?

#8 4 years ago

I’ll take it at $3200!

#9 4 years ago

Noooooo! Don't do it!!

#10 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for your help.If everything goes to plan,I'll be moving Jan.7.
    I was just trying to make my move a little easier,by not worrying about moving a pinball machine too.
    I remember the day we brought it home NIB from JJP. My buddy and I almost couldn't get the game up and over the curb, while using a hand truck.
    Definitely a tough hobby for an old guy like me. There's noway I'd ever be able to haul this
    game up a flight of stairs!

#11 4 years ago

I'd start at 7500 and see if you have any bites. Problem is you can get a jp premium brand new for less. Dialed on is a really good game but jp kills it. It will probably end up selling for 7000 to 7200. It all depends on how long you are willing to hold out for.

#12 4 years ago

I’m not saying it’s a big deal but 3200 plays is sh*t ton in only about a year...

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Thanks everyone for your help.If everything goes to plan,I'll be moving Jan.7.
    I was just trying to make my move a little easier,by not worrying about moving a pinball machine too.
    I remember the day we brought it home NIB from JJP. My buddy and I almost couldn't get the game up and over the curb, while using a hand truck.
    Definitely a tough hobby for an old guy like me. There's noway I'd ever be able to haul this
    game up a flight of stairs!

If fear of moving it is your only reason for selling, you should maybe write up a looking for help post. I know there are plenty of pinsiders who would be willing to help get it moved. It appears that you like to play it (or have kids/grandkids that do). 3200 isn’t an extremely high amount of plays but it’s not low either... it does show that it’s getting use and that’s a good thing if you enjoy playing it.

#14 4 years ago

I didn’t think $7000 was a low ball offer.

#15 4 years ago

While the condition is nice, 3200 plays for a HUO machine is a lot (IMO). I have seen games (LE) in the mid 7’s with less than 1000 plays.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

I'd start at 7500 and see if you have any bites. Problem is you can get a jp premium brand new for less. Dialed on is a really good game but jp kills it. It will probably end up selling for 7000 to 7200. It all depends on how long you are willing to hold out for.

What is jp have to do with it? I much perfer jjp pins over pretty much anything stern makes and know many others that also do. Dile has so much more going on with it and comes with alot of bling also. . Jp is a good layout and is overall one of the better sterns in recent years but id take my dile that ive had for years over it no problem.

#17 4 years ago

Is the plays a big deal? Won't take long to put 3200 on if your not a good player or young kids are playing . How about a game with 1k plays on it but you have a good/great player that has 10-30 min games everytime? Condition is what's important overall as play count has many variables.

#18 4 years ago

I think the amount of plays is irrelevant if the game was maintained well. Cleaned and waxed regularly, changing the balls, along with other basic maintenance such as simple things like coil sleeves throughout and changing flipper shafts and links. What does 3200 plays matter if the game looks as great as this one along with having the topper which cost a few extra bucks?

#19 4 years ago

Edit: And the post above while I was typing.

#20 4 years ago

If your offended by a 7K offer than you are advertising on the wrong site. You will get all kinds of silly trade offers and what you may consider low ball offers. Like others have mentioned there is allot for sale, not allot moving, and new games being pushed out. Let it go for what you feel comfortable with but also realize if you hold onto it, it will likely depreciate more. I have sold for less than I could have gotten before to avoid the hassle of people saying they're going to show, asking their wife, and last minute back out deals etc. GLWTS!

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Strummy:

I think the amount of plays is irrelevant if the game was maintained well. Cleaned and waxed regularly, changing the balls, along with other basic maintenance such as simple things like coil sleeves throughout and changing flipper shafts and links. What does 3200 plays matter if the game looks as great as this one along with having the topper which cost a few extra bucks?

Unlikely all that has been done but it could have been. You also can’t really gauge the condition from 6 pictures. I am not saying it doesn’t look good, but more pics would help. Pinsiders love their pics!

#22 4 years ago

A mint low play (around 1000) huo Le just sold near me and was asking $7250. That's probably where I would expect to find one approximately.

#23 4 years ago

Based on sold games in the market archive seems like $7000k is low ball, $7500 about average and $7800 high-end. Basically mirrors the range of opinions here. Your game looks great. The # plays doesn't mean anything vs. condition. Other than a handful of games currently out of favor like BKSOR, I sure don't see prices softening. Yea, some sell low but an equal number or more are going for top $. All depends on how patient you are.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Noooooo! Don't do it!!

Hi Henry
    We've found a couple of houses we like,but I'm hoping to find a rancher,or something with a couple of bedrooms on the first floor. That way I won't have to haul a game up the stairs.
    I don't think I gave the weight of pinball machines enough thought when I jumped into this hobby .
    I'm hoping I find a place where getting a couple of pins inside the house won't cause me to die
    My next pin has to be a Mettallic Premium l hope it's lighter than my Dialed In, that things like moving a tank!

#25 4 years ago

3200 plays is irrelevant to price. Its nothing, not even a drop in the bucket. But this title is probably not one that usually sells right away- but they do seem to move on.
    Good luck

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Hi Henry
    We've found a couple of houses we like,but I'm hoping to find a rancher,or something with a couple of bedrooms on the first floor. That way I won't have to haul a game up the stairs.
    I don't think I gave the weight of pinball machines enough thought when I jumped into this hobby .
    I'm hoping I find a place where getting a couple of pins inside the house won't cause me to die
    My next pin has to be a Mettallic Premium l hope it's lighter than my Dialed In, that things like moving a tank!

Maybe look for a used escalera ? Your also near a lot of pinsiders that i bet wld lend a hand or their escalera. If i had enough heads up heck id possibly be able to help you move them. Akso6 jjp pins are much heavier than stern pins . I've moved many pins and jjp are the heaviest .

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from jkashani:

If your offended by a 7K offer than you are advertising on the wrong site. You will get all kinds of silly trade offers and what you may consider low ball offers. Like others have mentioned there is allot for sale, not allot moving, and new games being pushed out. Let it go for what you feel comfortable with but also realize if you hold onto it, it will likely depreciate more. I have sold for less than I could have gotten before to avoid the hassle of people saying they're going to show, asking their wife, and last minute back out deals etc. GLWTS!

Yep i don't really sell pins on here anymore for those reasons. . Facebook is much easier from my experience but I've sold enough pins that mine are usually spoken for when I'm ready. I also don't think a huo dile will deprecate much more than it allready has bc prices continue to rise on nib and dile is a amazing pin for 7'-8k considering a nib to your door will be 9200-9500 and that's if you dont pay tax. There may be some outliers but it seems to have settled in the 7-8k range depending on condition and upgrades.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

What is jp have to do with it? I much perfer jjp pins over pretty much anything stern makes and know many others that also do. Dile has so much more going on with it and comes with alot of bling also. . Jp is a good layout and is overall one of the better sterns in recent years but id take my dile that ive had for years over it no problem.

JP and all these other news games has everything to do with why DI prices are in the toilet. Understand you love it but you also love Wonka ; )

Seriously though, this is a fun game (which I like as well) but VERY polarizing where JP is a hands down universal hit and with some of the rumors titles out there, this trend of prices for games like DI, which have their vocal die hards but not much more, well the market prices speak louder.

Look at black knight SOR - same story. The vocal minority loves to defend that game and then guys are trying to sell their LEs for basically McDonald coupons and they still don't sell.

#29 4 years ago

Looking at current and archived ads, 7500 seems about right. There is always a "quick sale" price and the "I can wait" price.

#30 4 years ago

3200 games is nothing...

i had +/- 2000 on mine, and the other day, a guy was saying that my pin (also for swap/sale) has "lots" of games !!!??? oh dear...

and just to show that's nothing, even more when these are build as tank, here's my shooterlane, same perfect state as yours

shooterlane uptodate (resized).JPGshooterlane uptodate (resized).JPG

good luck

#31 4 years ago

$7000 is not a lowball offer. $6-6500 would be a lowball offer for that machine. Regardless of #of plays, condition is king. And yes you would have way easier time moving metallica because it's much lighter but that's just because stern games don't pack in as much stuff as JJP and cuts cost where ever they can imo.

#32 4 years ago

I would take the topper off and sell it separately, it will be an easy sell since it’s out of stock and I don’t think there’s are many alternatives.

Ask 7800 for your game and see what happens, it’s not an unreasonable ask. 3200 plays for huo is on the high side, but it’s nothing for a game like this.

#33 4 years ago

Asking $7500 would be great w/o topper. If you get $7300, I'd be happy. From what I've experienced (and from selling mine) DILE prices have been falling for the last year.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

I’m not saying it’s a big deal but 3200 plays is sh*t ton in only about a year...

I've had it for 17 months.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I would take the topper off and sell it separately, it will be an easy sell since it’s out of stock and I don’t think there’s are many alternatives.
    Ask 7800 for your game and see what happens, it’s not an unreasonable ask. 3200 plays for huo is on the high side, but it’s nothing for a game like this.

I had an offer of 500.00 for the topper. I don't feel right charging someone double for what I paid. Plus if my game doesn't sell,I'll miss having the topper.

#36 4 years ago

A few points before my price suggestion:

1. Your asking is fine.
    2. Any offer within 10% of your asking is not a low ball IMHO. That is just a normal offer, esp on a high $ game
    3. ALL of the high dollar games are tanking in price. The hard reality is that many of the collectors that entered the hobby in the past few years have filled their game rooms, still want the next new thing, and the secondary market is seeing LOTS of high dollar lightly used games for sale. Supply is going up and will continue to go up. I expect prices to continue down on these sort of games.
    4. Every new game to come out will also impact the high dollar market. Lots of these more recent collectors always want to play the next new game. They need to make room and new games = more other low play games coming on market.
    5. Probably the most important... 3200 plays is NOTHING. All that matters is condition. Anyone using a play count in negotiations is just trying to push it for their advantage. 3200 = bugs worked out and hopefully enough time for you to tune in the game so it plays really well. Condition is king. Is your game well maintained, any blems, any wear that is showing that would impact value? those are things that matter... plays means nothing other than a rough idea of mechanical part use. EVen with 20,000 plays, these games are just getting broken in. Many games in everyone's collection from the classic era likely has 100,000+ plays.

Now on to the fair price.

IMHO I would probably take 7500 for an easy sale if I were you.
    Advertising at 7800, give it a few weeks and adjust from.
    Also with these high dollar games you need to cast a wider net to reach more people.
    Hit craigslist, Fbook market (and all the collector group pages also), letgo, pinside, and mr pinball classifieds.
    Also put the word out to your local collectors. Decent chance that may bring you the easiest sale.

Last thought. Anyone buying high dollar (over 5k newer games) should be planning on at minimum a 20% hit as things continue with more new games and more supply of used games.

I think the biggest change we are starting to see is some of the more recent collectors with all high end classics, JJP, SternLE type collections are seeing the hits on resale, they dont have the stomach for it, and are getting out so a more rapid increase of supply of high dollar low use games (sadly these are also often lacking in an sort of maintenance or tuning in for game play)

#37 4 years ago

My thoughts...

Don't sell it! The game is fantastic.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Hi Henry

I think you should keep the pin. If you're getting a mover to move to your new house, you just need to wrap the pin up and prepare it for the move. Let the movers move it for you!

#39 4 years ago

Ralph,

I live in West Deptford NJ. Norristown is about a 40 minute drive so me picking it up at your house is relatively simple. I will bring my refrigerator dolly.

Lets make this easy. Figure out what you want and then get in touch with me. Cell is 856-761-5879.

Now you should feel better that you dont need to advertise it and listen to all the low ball BS.

Ed

Edward Hess
    Auto Dogz / LINE-X of South Jersey
    158 South White Horse Pike
    Audubon, NJ 08106
    office. 856-546-8439
    mobile. 856-761-5879
    fax. 856-546-0915
    [email protected]
    http://www.autodogz.com
    https://www.facebook.com/AutoDogzLinexOfSouthJersey/

#40 4 years ago

I love your style ED. Right to the point and all your contact info right in the main thread. Why the f not. Love it

#41 4 years ago

delt31, You know I'm not bullshitting him either. Like you saw I did the same thing last month when I bough my ghostbusters.... Still waiting for Ralph to call.

C'mon Ralph we're burning daylight here. Want to play Dialed In tomorrow while I watch the eagles kick the piss outta the bears! lol

#42 4 years ago

Well this takes care of his low balling problem. Lol

0C96F27E-50C3-4A31-BF8A-5FE0DDD7CE9A (resized).jpeg0C96F27E-50C3-4A31-BF8A-5FE0DDD7CE9A (resized).jpeg
    #43 4 years ago

Sold my VERY well maintained DILE recently for 7k. Low plays, perfect cab and PF.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from EdHess:

delt31, You know I'm not bullshitting him either. Like you saw I did the same thing last month when I bough my ghostbusters.... Still waiting for Ralph to call.
    C'mon Ralph we're burning daylight here. Want to play Dialed In tomorrow while I watch the eagles kick the piss outta the bears! lol

ED - you're real deal. No BS - seem super easy to deal with. I like it. Enjoy DI - great game.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I had an offer of 500.00 for the topper. I don't feel right charging someone double for what I paid. Plus if my game doesn't sell,I'll miss having the topper.

tell them I have the same topper I will gladly sell them for $500.

#46 4 years ago

Best I can tell fair price = machine sits unsold for a long time while some say they want it and then you never hear another word. Takes 5 pm's back and forth before you exchange phone numbers, kind of like dating. Then the first date never even happens.

Drop that by 500 or 800 for a gonna get rid of it now price, and you will have 5 buyers pm you saying mark it sale pending and with their phone # in the pm.

Don't even waste money on mods, you will never get that back if you sell.

Get the best deal you can in the first place when buying nib. Buy from a distributor that will give you a cash discount to save them credit card fees, and pick up yourself to save shipping. If they offer free shipping you should still get a discount for picking up yourself and saving them that shipping money.

I paid 51 for a nib GB pro and sold it for 4 after it had sat forever with the bad date thing going on for 46, 47.

I paid 68 for a nib AC/DC prem VE and sold it for 55 within a day. Looking back I may could have got 60 just as fast, but after all the dates that did not work out with GB I just wanted the deal done with no bs and it 100% went the way I planned.

Both buyers were awesome, and knew they got a great deal. I was 100% happy also because I was just done with those games. They were fun for a long time but was just time for them to go.

Anyway, if you are only selling DI because you are moving, then let someone help you move it. If you are done with it, who cares, sell it for 7 or whatever. Just my 2 cents.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from EdHess:

Well this takes care of his low balling problem. Lol[quoted image]

what was the final price if you don't mind me asking?

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

A better game with a better theme for less money. Not hard to figure out what jp has to do with it. Dialed In is a horrible theme but is a pretty great game. Jurassic Park is a wildly successful theme and is an incredible game. I've wanted a Dialed In LE for a long time but JP Premium was a better game for a better deal in my opinion. My money went there instead.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from V4Vendetta:

what was the final price if you don't mind me asking?

$7700 which included the topper.

I understand the weight thing. This thing specs out at 350 Lbs., 100 lbs more than everything else I own.

Game is pretty much the same as just out of the box. A few smart mods like cliffys and extra parts for known small issues which although he told me about them, I do need to start reading up to get up to speed on the game Was it a steal? No. But it was a fair price for an LE in mint condition for both parties. I wanted mint as as you all know having to look at wear or damage will just bug you every time you look at it.

Should take a week or two before CHarlene starts populating the High Score Table with her initials.
    She was a bit surprised when she came downstairs and saw the game. She misunderstood and thought I meant we would be back in 2 hours with ghostbuster parts. Life is good!

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from EdHess:

$7700 which included the topper.
    I understand the weight thing. This thing specs out at 350 Lbs., 100 lbs more than everything else I own.
    Game is pretty much the same as just out of the box. A few smart mods like cliffys and extra parts for known small issues which although he told me about them, I do need to start reading up to get up to speed on the game Was it a steal? No. But it was a fair price for an LE in mint condition for both parties. I wanted mint as as you all know having to look at wear or damage will just bug you every time you look at it.
    Should take a week or two before CHarlene starts populating the High Score Table with her initials.
    She was a bit surprised when she came downstairs and saw the game. She misunderstood and thought I meant we would be back in 2 hours with ghostbuster parts. Life is good!

I think you picked a fine game to add to your collection. I too am in the process of trying to decide between hobbit,DI,and woz.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-a-fair-price-to-sell-my-huo-dialed-in?hl=ercvacation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.