• 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Who-Dey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0152F774-2718-4EB5-A58E-5EADCF11B493 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I'm in the market for a nice HUO Super Chexx, and wanted to start by trying to figure out a fair price on these.

So what is a HUO in excellent condition worth?

Also, is there a lot of upkeep required on these machines?

Cheers

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm in the market for a nice HUO Super Chexx, and wanted to start by trying to figure out a fair price on these.
So what is a HUO in excellent condition worth?
Also, is there a lot of upkeep required on these machines?
Cheers

Just have to keep the room cool so the ice doesn't melt.

#3 4 years ago

I wouldn't sell mine for less than $2k...not for sale though.

#4 4 years ago

I recently scored one for $500 off Clist. It's probably worth $1500-2K.

#5 4 years ago

Exact same as @djshakes. I paid $500, but value a used Super Chexx in the range of $1,500.

#6 4 years ago

I paid $400 for the last one that I bought.

#7 4 years ago

kind of a difficult questions to answer....hold old is it? Old version or new version? coin op or no coin op? Does it need work? dome scratched up? If its HUO with coin op, and the newer super chexx pro it could be worth $3K....if its the old version, 10 + years old, but in decent condition it could be worth $500- 1k?

#8 4 years ago

A nice coin op is going to be north of a grand. I’d budget $1,500.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

kind of a difficult questions to answer....hold old is it? Old version or new version? coin op or no coin op? Does it need work? dome scratched up? If its HUO with coin op, and the newer super chexx pro it could be worth $3K....if its the old version, 10 + years old, but in decent condition it could be worth $500- 1k?

1k and under would sell in a heartbeat. If working and decent 1500+

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

1k and under would sell in a heartbeat. If working and decent 1500+

I hear ya....condition is king....

#11 4 years ago

2 for sale, mint condition in st. louis for $2200 and $2300. one sold on ebay 2 weeks ago locally for $1900 pretty much mint. id say $1800-2100 expect to pay.

#12 4 years ago

$1200 for old coin op w/ a decent dome, $2600 for new(used) coin op

Eta: these are not HUO prices

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

2 for sale, mint condition in st. louis for $2200 and $2300. one sold on ebay 2 weeks ago locally for $1900 pretty much mint. id say $1800-2100 expect to pay.

How old were they?

#14 4 years ago

I have one for $800 if anyone is looking....

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How old were they?

both on fb marketplace, take a look. both pretty new and one has custom players and ice.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

chexx or super chexx? got any pics art?

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I'll take it if you deliver it to me

#18 4 years ago

Seems like this is the pricing I'm seeing in Canadian dollars...

For a new Super Check Pro is about $4500 CAD with shipping and everything in.

I saw a lightly used Pro for $3600 which seems like a pretty good deal.

Then there is the non-Pro (non-LCD screen) models from like 2-3 years ago, that seem to be in the range of $2500-3000.

Again, these are all in CAD, and I'm looking at HUO mint.

I'm trying to decide what the best one is, and what the right price is for it.

Can anyone with experience tell me what is the better game... Pro models or the older ones?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

This guy is right on the money. HUO Super Chexx ~$2000. Routed, but good working condition ~$1500. Original Chexx value maybe subtract ~$500. Super Chexx Pro value add ~$500.

Almost zero maintenance required. These games are nearly indestructible. Maybe once in a blue moon clean the ice with windex. After a bajillion plays some gearboxes need replacement. Great game!

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

chexx or super chexx? got any pics art?

USA vs USSR call it a good Players Game.....A Few Scratches on the dome, no cracks, I think a thumbnail chip at the edge.
Scoreboard and players Work. Blue Base.

What it needs to shop up:

Spray paint base.....Its really pretty good, but resto I enjoy. but cant do now.
I have the Spray Cans for it.
Touch up on Coin Door.
Buff Dome.
It Does need decals on sides....Buy or make your own.
Players are fine, but the paint is worn.

I was going to do decals that commemorated the 1980 Miracle on Ice and Leave the Players, but one can paint or replace.
Playfield is nice, it was replaced sometime before I got it.

You know the headache....its likely a local sale, or Donny may have room as he is going to Chicago and York?

its down at the Beach, I couldnt find any pics...Ill get some in a few weeks.

I have a Bally Hayride Add a Ball as well that is available

#21 4 years ago

I recently bought a used super chexx pro for $1500 and have it on location in a local brewery. Earns equal to a pin. Currently 50cents a game
0152F774-2718-4EB5-A58E-5EADCF11B493 (resized).jpeg0152F774-2718-4EB5-A58E-5EADCF11B493 (resized).jpeg

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I recently bought a used super chexx pro for $1500 and have it on location in a local brewery. Earns equal to a pin. Currently 50cents a game
[quoted image]

Don't the pro games come with LCD?

#23 4 years ago

The new model has the updated screen. If you want the updated features and screen, you would have to buy newer version chexx. I think my chexx is from mid 2000s

#24 4 years ago

No. Only the premium and LE models.

#26 4 years ago

Yes. And updated sound and better light show.

#27 4 years ago

All the games are great, but the new ones have better sound, lighting, and the LCD screen is great....HUO newer versions are not easy to come by...I looked for months, but in the end just decided to buy a new one ....

#28 4 years ago

I have a mint Blues/Hawks coin op bought three years ago. I have no desire to sell it but it sure as hell wouldn't be for anything less than 2 around here. It all depends on the market you are in and the specific one you want.

Mine has been completely trouble free and it is a hit when people come over, young or old. I recommend em!

#29 4 years ago

Would be more attractive if it were closer!

Hmmmmm... Now to decide old or new version.

Is the new LCD that much better?

#30 4 years ago

Buy direct from ICE if buying new, icegame.com

#31 4 years ago

same game....LCD screen, light show, and sound are really nice improvements....personally I think its worth the extra $....some may not

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Buy direct from ICE if buying new, icegame.com

I agree....shopping around won't save u any coin....save yourself a lot of time, and just order one direct

#33 4 years ago

The Super Chexx Pro LCD version new looks to be $600 more than the previous non LCD Super Chexx new. LCD spotlights are $200 extra, was not an option pre-LCD.

#34 4 years ago

It's about $4700 CAD shipped factory direct, or $4500 from my local distributor.

Anyone have a Super Chexx Pro with the added $200 LED feature? Is it worth it?

#35 4 years ago

They were running a special for $150 off a couple weeks ago....I passed on the LED feature, but ordered the cups option, and the coin mechs ....

#36 4 years ago

I bought a very nice HUO Super Chexx for $1400 a couple years ago. I considered it to be underpriced. I’d say a perfect condition huo would be about $2k. Small scratches/wear would probably bring it down to $1600-1800 depending on condition.

#37 4 years ago

It's about $4700 CAD shipped factory direct, or $4500 from my local distributor.
Anyone have a Super Chexx Pro with the added $200 LED feature? Is it worth it?

Are you talking about the color changing LED strip that wraps around the game? I like the way it looks and for an extra $200, why not?

I’ve got a Miracle on Ice and Rangers/Flyers. These games are a blast and get a ton of play.

Like others have said, order direct from ICE.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Are you talking about the color changing LED strip that wraps around the game? I like the way it looks and for an extra $200, why not?
I’ve got a Miracle on Ice and Rangers/Flyers. These games are a blast and get a ton of play.
Like others have said, order direct from ICE.

so your happy with the LED's?

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

so your happy with the LED's?

I think the LEDs look great. We’ve never had a problem with any of our Super Chexx games.

#40 4 years ago

I am seriously thinking about one of these myself. They are awesome looking and i bet they are loads of fun to play. It would be a tough choice deciding which two teams to pick. I could also see where it might be addicting to buy more teams and switch it up occasionally.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-s-a-fair-price-for-a-super-chexx- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.