Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What rumored Stern excites you most?”

• Munsters 77 votes
      20%
    • Beatles 40 votes
      11%
    • Deadpool 68 votes
      18%
    • Elvira 3 77 votes
      20%
    • Pulp Fiction 72 votes
      19%
    • Superman ‘78 45 votes
      12%

(379 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

get-smart-2 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Vote! Did I miss any?

#2 5 years ago

Sons Of Anarchy

Jaws

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Super Trooper's.

#4 5 years ago

Blues Brothers. . . . Oh wait, I thought this was another dream theme thread.

#5 5 years ago

None of the above option?

I like JAWS but really want an original title

#6 5 years ago

Zardoz

#7 5 years ago

Sorry, none of the above do it for me. I’ll save my money for previously released titles or something from another company...

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Vote! Did I miss any?

is Jurassic World no longer in the mix?

i dont like any of those themes tbh but dead pool probably would be the best option with hand drawn comic book style art

#10 5 years ago

Deadpool and pulp fiction excite me a lot Munsters if done right could be very cool.

#11 5 years ago

Elvira 3 excites me the most... Cos well, the Mistress of the Night just plain excites me, and lots of other men and pubescent boys to boot! But, I will say I would probably love a Munsters table... Probably wouln't get one right away, but eventually I probably would. I mean I go gaga over Ms. Decarlo. She's just a stone cold fox. And the humor, the sexiness, and the monsters... What a game. They'd even have to have Marilyn Munster too somewhere... She's a bit of a blacksheep, but the family still loves her.
    And the Superman one... Man, that would be one I would plunk down money for in the wild. I don't think I'd ever want to own it... But, I'd sure play the heck out it. Has potential to have great music and art... The deadpool one I'd feel the same as Superman, only a bit less so... About the superman one though. I'm getting one of my older bros into pinball and if he starts collecting... That would be one machine he would LOVE TO HAVE. But, Munsters would be perfect theme for me outside of Elivra. Babes, monsters, and humor... Sounds like an awesome pinball theme.

#12 5 years ago

Out of that lineup I would choose The Beatles. Like the Group it would have to be exceptional.

#13 5 years ago

Black Knight 3000 and Deadpool

#14 5 years ago

What Stern excites me most?? Hhhmmm, the one that has a solid built cabinet and a playfield that doesn’t easily dimple.

#15 5 years ago

Anything but more music pins.

Don't know why but it feels so saturated.

#16 5 years ago

High Speed 3: The outrun

#17 5 years ago

Big Trouble in Little China

#18 5 years ago

None of the above, waiting on the planetary repros to drop. Lost all hope for stern after MET.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Vote! Did I miss any?

Yes, you did miss one.
    LOTR vault Edition!

#20 5 years ago

A machine with completed code.

#21 5 years ago

Munsters just for nostalgia, but I wouldn’t buy it. I’d just like to play it. Nothing on the list would be something I would buy. Down the road, another Marvel, DC, or SW theme will surely hit the rumor list and I’d be interested.

#22 5 years ago

I plan to buy Stern's Elvira when it comes out. Next interesting theme on the list for me is Munsters... BUT I'm not really sure how it'd translate into a pin? I'd have to play it a bunch to see if it clicked.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

Nothing on the list would be something I would buy. Down the road, another Marvel, DC, or SW theme will surely hit the rumor list and I’d be interested.

You mean a different, other than Deadpool, Marvel game down the road? Because Deadpool is Marvel.

#24 5 years ago

Munsters could be very cool if implemented properly. I’d seriously consider Elvira as well.

#25 5 years ago

I was torn between Beatles and Superman..............Had to go with Superman!

#26 5 years ago

For me, the big themes that are left are Led Zeppelin and Willy Wonka. JJP will overprice Wonka and Stern does not seem to be able to get through licensing on Zeppelin so I guess I will continue to be disappointed. SW was another of my big themes but Stern's attempt did not quite do it for me.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Black Knight 3000 and Deadpool

Hell yeah, BK3K ftw!

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

You mean a different, other than Deadpool, Marvel game down the road? Because Deadpool is Marvel.

I should have clarified. Not really a Deadpool fan. Thus, any OTHER Marvel.

#29 5 years ago

Non, Iron Maiden was it

Unless ......Black Sabbath comes

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

I should have clarified. Not really a Deadpool fan. Thus, any OTHER Marvel.

I can get that. Deadpool as a character has only existed for 27 years in the comics and thus those of us that don’t read comics but watch movies (which is probably the majority) are only familiar with the character from the XMen Origins and Deadpool movies starting in 2009.

The Deadpool movie is pretty funny and unique though. I don’t feel Deadpool the character has enough history to tell whether the character has staying power in pop culture long term.

Either way, buy Disney stock long term.

#31 5 years ago

Personally I think a Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Journey or Def Leppard pin would be cool and fit with Stern's annual music theme game. They've already made most of the other top bands from the 70s - 80s era. Not an Iron Maiden fan, but the art, playfield design & game play look appealing; looking forward to playing one soon. Pearl Jam is another, but wonder if they'd have any interest whatsoever in licensing. Can't see Eddie Vedder or Jeff Ament doing call outs.

#32 5 years ago

Super Troopers would be a GREAT GREAT STERN Pin!

Pulp Fiction PLEASE let JJP do it right and load it up.

Deadpool, after GOTG who cares, Stern will just recycle that into Deadpool so its a waste.

Superman 78 would be an interesting Stern, probably a better JJP, but who knows

#33 5 years ago

I wouldn't mind if this was a multiple vote pole.
    Munsters, Elvira 3 and Pulp Fiction all sound pretty rad to me.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Super Troopers would be a GREAT GREAT STERN Pin!
    Pulp Fiction PLEASE let JJP do it right and load it up.
    Deadpool, after GOTG who cares, Stern will just recycle that into Deadpool so its a waste.
    Superman 78 would be an interesting Stern, probably a better JJP, but who knows

Imagine if Deadpool turns out to be Gomez plus Lonnie. The chance of a clunkfest plus uninspired ruleset would be very high.

I hope Gomez never works on a game again unless he has plenty of time to get the geometry right.

#35 5 years ago

Pulp Fiction for sure. I would just have to hope Cleland gets one and does a sound mod for it with quotes from the movie.

#36 5 years ago

Elvira 3 as it’s the best opportunity we will get from an original pin with humor and horror from Stern.

#37 5 years ago

Pulp Fiction for the grownups. Superman for both the grownups and the kids.

#38 5 years ago

Munsters, possibly.

But if Stern really has Princess Bride license, I hope they do it Iron Maiden-style justice, though right now that seems...Inconceivable.

#39 5 years ago

Certainly nothing on that list. Plus there's too many rumors floating around these days and the truth is that nobody really knows whats next. But I'll let you guys in on a little secret but you can't tell anybody....., I heard there going to make..........................

#40 5 years ago

Anything that kme makes

#41 5 years ago

none of them do until I see the playfield and how the game plays then how the theme integrates into it all. I'm not an Iron Maiden fan, always thought the artwork was better than the music. after playing it I think I'd like one

#42 5 years ago

I’d like to see a Beatles, Zepp or a Goonies in the near future!

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Non, Iron Maiden was it
    Unless ......Black Sabbath comes

Only way I'd do a Sabbath is if Dio was featured and some of his Songs too... Hey... Heaven and Hell era Sabbath was BIG... Short Lived but they made an impact that shaped metal in the 80s. And Dehumanizer in the 90s was one of the heaviest albums around. That album though was probably a bit ahead of its time... And then lastly, the band Heaven and Hell was just Black Sabbath with a different name to avoid law suits and so fans would know what to expect. Dio was a key part of Black Sabbath, and I hate it when he gets swept under the rug.

#44 5 years ago

Oh come on! Enough band pinball machines!

But if more are to come let's have Robin Trower. People's eyes will be too blurry to play it

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

None of the above option?
    I like JAWS but really want an original title

Well Steve Ritchie is reportedly working on an original title as I type this.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

What Stern excites me most?? Hhhmmm, the one that has a solid built cabinet and a playfield that doesn’t easily dimple.

Man it took 14 posts for someone to go this route? You guys are slipping!

#47 5 years ago

For some reason I just want Munsters to be a blatant rip-off of Addams Family.

#48 5 years ago

Seems like Munsters may be a big seller for Stern and might be a must have game to go next to TAF.

#49 5 years ago

I thought Pinside decided that Judas Priest would be the next pin?

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

For some reason I just want Munsters to be a blatant rip-off of Addams Family.

Well if Borg is going it there's a very good chance.

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-rumored-stern-excites-you-most and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.