(Topic ID: 310303)

What rules would you build into your own game ?

By the9gman

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by the9gman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the9gman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

If you were going to build your own machine what rules would you build into it to make it entertaining ?
    In the old days of EM machines it was just hit a couple of targets or rack up the bonus to lite the specials and then blow up the game count
    In the eighties there were a few more objectives and a couple of modes
    In the nineties most machines were like bash the crap out of a particular target to get to the next level and complete several levels
    Now days it seems like everything is to complete certain sequences to advance to different modes ...sometimes very complex to a novice player and then they move on to something else

So if you had carte blanche on designing your own machine .....What would you install ?

Thoughts ?

#4 2 years ago

I like multi-ball but I think TNA did that or close to it

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I always thought hitting magna save should also have consequences for the player

that makes a lot of sense but don't think electro shock therapy would fly unless your a vilian in a 007 film but a deduction of points would be a great consequece

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I’ve always wanted to see rules where the player can LOSE points

definately think that would make tournament play more interesting .
    plus the spend points is an excellent idea ....most video games have it but never seen it in pinball ......

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Anytime someone was getting close to beating my high score

you could probably make a remote control for that one

#18 2 years ago

definitely agree on the death save one

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the9gman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-rules-would-you-build-into-your-own-game-?tu=the9gman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.