(Topic ID: 103695)

What Really are the Top Ten Modern Pinball Machines of All-Time?

By freakandgeek

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

opinion.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbiedoo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 9 years ago

The whole veto part ruins the list - there's no way you can say that this is the 'Real' or 'Definitive' top 10 list, because it's based on your own opinions:

"it is not very fun long term" - opinion
    "I could say the same exact things about Tales of the Arabian Nights" - opinion
    "only it is less fun, is not funny at all, and feels cheaper in quality" - opinion
    "because it just is not that fun to play" - opinion

You can't just take a tally of everyone's votes and opinions, apply your own to remove what you don't like, and call it the real top 10.

For example: You removed Theater of Magic - but it's rated #2 on the ipdb top 10. Same with Indiana Jones, rated #8 on ipdb. You can't ignore the fact that they're voted high by a large group of people simply because of your opinions above - especially when you used the ipdb list as a tool to remove TSPP and Tron.

However I do like the points of removing the new and shiny ones because of the 'Honeymoon Phase'

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Not sure what your point is

It's probably based on my definition of a real list.

When you announce that you're making a 'real' or 'definitive' list - I don't take that to mean here's my preference list. Especially when the author talks about leaving things off they they want to see.

I guess would consider the real list to be what pinside/ipbd already has - what pins appeal the most to the most amount of players.

Just like everyone else, the pinside top 10 isn't what I'd choose. But I wouldn't make changes to it based on what I like and call it the definitive list.

Just MHO.

EDIT: Basically I felt like it was being presented as a 'real' top 10 vs. pinside's, not 'the authors' top 10. Maybe I misunderstood!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbiedoo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-really-are-the-top-ten-modern-pinball-machines-of-all-time?tu=robbiedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.