(Topic ID: 76636)

What ramps/habitrails return the ball at full speed?

By mof

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

201401-Diner-Habitrail2.jpg
201401-Diner-Habitrail1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

On some of my games, I have ramps. Typically they are plastic, with a round hole where the ball exits into the inlane. Others have habitrails.

I have a few games that do not return the ball at full velocity:

1. Cyclone: it has two plastic ramps with round holes that the ball eventually pauses in and falls through. Both the ramp and the hole in the ramp reduce the speed of the ball.

2. Taxi: It has two habitrails. The balls come back at almost full speed, but the way the habitrails form at the end, they both catch the ball just a hair before they fall into the lanes.

I have one game that returns the ball at 100% full velocity.

3. Diner: The Cash Register shot, (left ramp) returns the ball at full velocity. For this reason it is the best ramp shot I've got.

What I noticed about the Diner habitrail is the way the habitrail is formed on the end. I am going to try and mimic this with Taxi, and see if I can improve it. It's interesting how in Diner, the bottom two wires of the habitrail flare out.

I'm wondering if there's a way to improve how the ball falls from the plastic ramps to quicken things up a bit.

Do you own a game where the ramp or habitrail returns the ball at full speed? Can you show us what the ramp/habitrail ball exit looks like?

-mof

Here is what the habitrail in Diner looks like where the ball exits at full speed.
201401-Diner-Habitrail2.jpg201401-Diner-Habitrail2.jpg201401-Diner-Habitrail1.jpg201401-Diner-Habitrail1.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Mousin Around has this feature. I don't understand why Stern has not used this more with everyone so obsessed with speed and flow.

#3 10 years ago

High Speed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA
4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunakeszi
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-rampshabitrails-return-the-ball-at-full-speed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.