(Topic ID: 344641)

What purple music artist JJP game interests you the most ?

By mnpinball

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Anony
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What purple music artist JJP game interests you the most ?”

• Jimi Hendrix 44 votes
      41%
    • Prince 47 votes
      44%
    • Elton John 16 votes
      15%

(107 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F26E4A6B-41D0-4364-ADEB-E54E7F281BDE (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    55C313CF-9B79-4FA4-9512-D7751D07E195 (resized).jpeg
    howard-stern-fartman.gif
    giphy (8).gif
    johnwilliams (resized).png
    IMG_0217 (resized).png
    20210601_211949 (resized).jpg
    162BE0DB-3935-4BEB-9E55-45C4B7046963 (resized).jpeg
    20210601_211530 (resized).jpg
    20210601_211915 (resized).jpg
    55s26u (resized).jpg
    IMG_0125 (resized).jpeg
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 months ago

What music artist of these three choices interests you the most as a buyer and or a player ?

Myself personally, Jimi Hendrix number 1, Prince number 2, Elton John number 3.

IMG_1316 (resized).jpegIMG_1316 (resized).jpegIMG_1317 (resized).jpegIMG_1317 (resized).jpegIMG_1321 (resized).jpegIMG_1321 (resized).jpegIMG_1327 (resized).jpegIMG_1327 (resized).jpeg
    #2 9 months ago

#3 9 months ago

So the next game is Hendrix? All right!

#4 9 months ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

So the next game is Hendrix? All right!

That's why I came back so my dream could be fulfilled. Albeit 7 years later.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hendrix-pinball-machine

#5 9 months ago

PRINCE!

#6 9 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

That's why I came back so my dream could be fulfilled. Albeit 7 years later.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hendrix-pinball-machine

I don’t believe in coincidence. It’s purple haze time.

#7 9 months ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #8 9 months ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

I don’t believe in coincidence. It’s purple haze time.

Yeah well, I remember when I started a Toho Godzilla speculation thread years ago and that never seemed to materialize. Then I had to go away.

#9 9 months ago

I'll take prince or hendrix

#10 9 months ago

Is Elton John really JJPs next game and Steve Ritchie’s first JJP design? Disappointing if so

#11 9 months ago

Where's the poll option for no more music pins for a while? Pretty sure it would win..... by a lot.

#12 9 months ago

Ladies & gentleman.....THE REVOLUTION

#13 9 months ago

409C5C10-23B1-4B63-89AD-0C5BBF9C0E8C (resized).jpeg409C5C10-23B1-4B63-89AD-0C5BBF9C0E8C (resized).jpeg

Actually it could be anything. Arent all JJ games sparkly and glittery?

#14 9 months ago

I don't see him on the poll.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #15 9 months ago
    Depeche-Mode-Ultra (resized).jpgDepeche-Mode-Ultra (resized).jpg
    #16 9 months ago

Of the three, I'm more of a fan of Elton's...but a pinball machine with his music just doesn't interest me for some reason.

#17 9 months ago

Is this a Steve Ritchie game? If it is, I'd imagine Hendrix before the other two. If it's not Steve, than it could be Barney lol

#18 9 months ago

I enjoy music from all 3 but Prince is the only one that I'd want to see a pinball machine for.

#19 9 months ago

200w.gif200w.gif

#20 9 months ago

Licensing for Prince is impossible, last I heard. The estate and copyrights were tied up in legal dispute after legal dispute.

I doubt a Hendrix theme would happen due to the associations with drugs/weed. But--if there was a general music theme or hall of fame theme of some sort with multiple artists lumped together, I wouldn't discount the possibility of seeing Hendrix in something like that. Though the likelihood of some sort of music hall of fame pin would be a licensing nightmare.

#21 9 months ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is Elton John really JJPs next game and Steve Ritchie’s first JJP design? Disappointing if so

It is 100%

#22 9 months ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Where's the poll option for no more music pins for a while? Pretty sure it would win..... by a lot.

Or grandpa, one foot in your casket already its so old themes?

#24 9 months ago

Swore I'd never own another jjp,but if it's Jimi,

#25 9 months ago

Elton John is a living legend.

SATURDAY SAAAAAATURDAY.

Saturday Night Fighting will be an awesome mode

#26 9 months ago

Only Prince. The other two are meh.

#27 9 months ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Licensing for Prince is impossible

I thought you said listening to prince at first glance which I haven't done in a very long time.

I remember that Controversy song was pretty cool.

#28 9 months ago

I’d totally buy a Hendrix game but the Hendrix Estate does not appear to understand how to do business in the current marketplace. They are single-handedly destroying his legacy by hiding him from the music world.

I’d say Prince would be my #2 but I actually think EJ is a better overall soundtrack for a fun game.

#29 9 months ago

The REAL Tomato…

IMG_0725 (resized).jpegIMG_0725 (resized).jpeg
    #30 9 months ago

You guys got it all wrong. jjp went out and got a corporate sponsor to make more money on their next game.

jjp will really clean up on this game.

LTG : )

purpl (resized).jpgpurpl (resized).jpg
    #31 9 months ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

The REAL Tomato…
    [quoted image]

More like potato bro.

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
    #32 9 months ago

It’s TOMATO…Blockhead.

IMG_5196 (resized).jpegIMG_5196 (resized).jpeg
    #33 9 months ago

So this release is actually going to be Gumby and Pokey, Blockheads too?

Cool.

#34 9 months ago

Close!
    It’s Mr. Bill and purple edition SE is really a Sluggo Edition.

IMG_5197 (resized).jpegIMG_5197 (resized).jpeg

#35 9 months ago

Oh nooooooo....

#36 9 months ago

Slayer!

#37 9 months ago

Let’s just face facts that Ritchie was always jealous of Trudeau getting Mustang.
    Finally here now, in Fall of 2023, with no BOM compromises(!), he can finally exact his sweet revenge with the majestically
    PURPLE WIDEBODY that will BE Plymouth Prowler Pinball!!!

Take…My…MONEY JJP!

IMG_5198 (resized).jpegIMG_5198 (resized).jpeg

#38 9 months ago

I already figured it out.

It's going to be High Speed III. Notice the purple there?
    7443351a75449715869ce35493ecc947 (resized).png7443351a75449715869ce35493ecc947 (resized).png

#39 9 months ago

This is an interesting financial pollster, which shows popularity and ticket sales Do not equate to Pinball sales. We all know how Stern Rolling Stones sold.

And just looking at this list of the top five artists, I absolutely would not buy U2 or Bruce Springsteen pinball machine. I would take Elton John over those any day.

I am still very optimistic and look forward to seeing whatever comes out.
    IMG_1346 (resized).pngIMG_1346 (resized).png

#40 9 months ago

They'd have to pay me to see any of those acts now. Some of them they couldn't even do that.

And I certainly won't be paying for any of their pinball machines.

I guess there are plenty of people that would though.

#41 9 months ago

Velveteen Dream?

IMG_0125 (resized).jpegIMG_0125 (resized).jpeg
    #42 9 months ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

What music artist of these three choices interests you the most as a buyer and or a player ?
    Myself personally, Jimi Hendrix number 1, Prince number 2, Elton John number 3.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Prince would be amazing. I can't wait to play Sinéad O'Connor Paisley Park hostage escape mode.

Wizard mode is his super bowl performance.

#43 9 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Prince would be amazing. I can't wait to play Sinéad O'Connor Paisley Park hostage escape mode.
    Wizard mode is his super bowl performance.

Prince NFL halftime show is literally the greatest halftime show ever nothing compares.

I only live 45 minutes from Paisley Park in Chanhassen and I was able to attend an Afterparty show from his concert back in the day. Seeing him perform 5 feet away in front of me is a memory I’ll never forget. I still have the lanyard for entry and the concert program.

#44 9 months ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Prince NFL halftime show is literally the greatest halftime show ever nothing compares.
    I only live 45 minutes from Paisley Park in Chanhassen and I was able to attend an Afterparty show from his concert back in the day. Seeing him perform 5 feet away in front of me is a memory I’ll never forget. I still have the lanyard for entry and the concert program.

At least you got a lights-on performance. Every chance he gets, Howard Stern still bitches about the party he was at where Prince demanded to play in the dark.

#45 9 months ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Every chance he gets, Howard Stern still bitches about the party he was at where Prince demanded to play in the dark.

Wish they could trade places. One was a top notch entertainer with amazing guitar skills.

No, I don't wish that on anybody, just sayin'.

#46 9 months ago

I don't see a none of the above choice. Lol

#47 9 months ago
    Quoted from jrcmlc:

I don't see a none of the above choice. Lol

you get all of the above and you're gonna like it. lol

#48 9 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Wish they could trade places. One was a top notch entertainer with amazing guitar skills.
    No, I don't wish that on anybody, just sayin'.

I think Howard Stern could be a great pin theme. He has TONS of weirdo regulars (some still here, some gone already, RIP Eric the Midget, and Derek from Texas, too) and bits. Could easily make a great pin with all the material from Beet, Gary, Wendy, Crazy Alice, Elliott Offen, Hanzi, High Pitch Eric, Will the Farter, Hank the Angry Dwarf, Jeff the Drunk, Underdog Lady, Mark the Bagger, Bigfoot...the list goes on and on and on.

#49 9 months ago
    55s26u (resized).jpg55s26u (resized).jpg
    #50 9 months ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I was a regular at Paisley Park when I went to college in the late 90's. Was so close that I could smell his perfume when he was on stage and one time he handed me a Jehovah's Witness pamphlet as he walked off stage. My college buddy that I used to go with is a huge fan and collects Prince memorabilia like we collect pinball machines. He has an amazing collection and I know of at least 2 LE's that would sell if a game was announced.

20210601_211530 (resized).jpg20210601_211530 (resized).jpg20210601_211915 (resized).jpg20210601_211915 (resized).jpg

20210601_211949 (resized).jpg20210601_211949 (resized).jpg
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.