(Topic ID: 319257)

What pulses a ball count stepper?

By 2manypins

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I'm trying to help a friend out with his satin doll pinball machine from Williams.
I have "cleaned" the stepper unit itself but it still will not go from ball 1 to 2 , 3 etc.
I have adjusted the "springs" to no avail.
It seems it's not getting a long enough pulse to step up completely every time.
I'll check out the coil and coil sleeve and they look fine along with the coil stop.
I'm just wondering if the item that pulses it if there's something going on with that.
Any help would be appreciated thanks.

#2 1 year ago

Score motor cam 3 switch A is the switch that pulses the ball count step up. Clean and adjust switch if needed.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for the reply!!
The stepper unit will now step through correctly but I'm having a very odd issue that I don't understand.
If I press for a two-player game it never plays one.
For instance if I push for a two-player game player one will play ball one and then player one will play another ball one then Ball 2 and ball two etc.
I don't know how for the machine to get the player two.

#4 1 year ago

As the machine resets, the 2nd coin relay will relatch. When the replay button is pushed for the 2nd player does the 2nd coin relay (trip) coil pull in and unlatch the relay?

#5 1 year ago

Yes, when the start button is pushed the 2 nd time is does unlatch the relay.

#6 1 year ago

When I have the playfield lifted, second player score sometimes work,... as hard as that sounds.
Is there anything underneath the play field that could be adjusted?

#7 1 year ago

On the 2nd coin relay, normally open switch B (when latched) controls pulling in of the player relay thru the ball count unit disc. Clean and adjust switch if needed.

#8 1 year ago

Will do, thanks.

#9 1 year ago

Thanks for all of your help pinballdaveh!
Machine the issues have been solved.
Now the only thing left is what pulses the 1000 point chime. It scores the points but no chime.

#10 1 year ago

The large chime is operated from the 1000 point relay. Switch 1B on the 4 switch stack operates the chime. You can also try cleaning the chime coil sleeves with the plungers removed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pulses-a-ball-count-stepper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.