Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by dothedoo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 months ago

I posted a few days ago about some issues with my Close Encounters Machine that I recently acquired and received helpful suggestions that I looked into. It was shipped and I know that can cause problems. I’ve experienced two issues. The tilt remaining on at times and a running score where the score has a mind if it’s own. Unless the tilt is stuck, when I turn on the machine it lights up and resets. I checked the tilt switches and slam switch and they seem either open or closed as they should be. I examined the board and connectors. The machine is in excellent condition and there is no evidence of corrosion or missing pins. As I was poking around, I noticed a fuse laying on the bottom of the cabinet with no home. I’m wondering if it got dislodged during shipping. Could that cause the problems I’m describing? I thought I’d ask before I lifted up the playfield to see if a fuse is missing. I’m not an expert and I don’t lift playfields on a regular basis, so I thought I’d ask first. Thanks in advance for the help.

#2 3 months ago

A missing fuse would prevent power from flowing. The missing power would prevent things it ran from working at all.

There some edge cases where power is connected to things that seem unrelated. Like no sound if the coil fuse is blown.

Short answer, no.

#3 3 months ago

If you are unfamiliar with system 1 machines this is a must read resource ...

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1

#4 3 months ago

Test the fuse to see if it's blown. Old fuses were often just thrown inside the cabinet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 49.00
€ 8.40
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Medina, OH
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 164.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside