Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MeNaCeFiRe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

So i find myself doing this alot lately, i get a pro and then like the game so much i end up selling it to get the premium or le model. What game have you done this with

#2 3 years ago

I had a Transformers pro and got a decepticon

#3 3 years ago

Sold my acdc pro to get a Lucy

#4 3 years ago

Thinking about letting go of TWD pro for premium

#5 3 years ago

ST, not much game play difference but worth every penny.

#6 3 years ago

AC/DC. Upgrade to premium

#7 3 years ago

I also sold my AC/DC pro for a premium.

#8 3 years ago

Met Pro to LE

#9 3 years ago

None so far. I've been very happy with my pro's and haven't even owned a premium/le yet. Sold AC/DC pro but bought IM. Sold ST pro but bought a GOT pro (which is fantastic btw).

#10 3 years ago

I sold my T2 and one day might upgrade to the premium model called "AC/DC".

#11 3 years ago

Walking dead but I was not happy with the upgrade.I like the pro better

#12 3 years ago

Star Trek. Night and day difference.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from parabol420:

Star Trek. Night and day difference.

Is that a blackout mod joke?

#14 3 years ago

Sold both my ACDC and MET pros and am waiting for the right deal to pick up both

#15 3 years ago

X-men and Metallica

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Is that a blackout mod joke?

Haha, I didn't intend for it to be, but it does work out that way. That blackout mod is pretty killer.

#17 3 years ago

I upgraded my St pro to a premium,
Upgraded both my Twd and met to premium models and then sold both

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Walking dead but I was not happy with the upgrade.I like the pro better

for what reasons?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Upgraded both my Twd and met to premium models and then sold both

Regarding your Met, since you've had both...

If you were to buy again, which would you want to have back first (assuming a $1200 price difference)?

#22 3 years ago

None yet. The whole PRO/Prem/LE deal bugs me. I'm also stubborn.

#23 3 years ago

I sold my MOP to get a pro

#24 3 years ago

Hmmm i actually like the twd prem.... I just sold my pro today to get the premium

#25 3 years ago

Sold my TWD pro to get a Prem.
Sold my Mustang Pro to get an LE
Bucking the trend
Sold my Hulk LE to get an Avengers Pro.

#27 3 years ago

Sold my TWD pro cause thought I want a premium. Decided pro is better and now wish I had it back.

#28 3 years ago

Went from a MOPLe to a pro..... No regrets here.

#29 3 years ago

NO REGERTS,, OR UH REGRETS LOL

pinball on

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

for what reasons?

I just feel that the flow is better on the pro vs the premium.I really did not can for the bash toy under the ramp or the crossbow also I really did not care for the color changing LEDs really just doesn't fit the theme imo

#31 3 years ago

How about prem to pro? Anyone done this? other than those listed already. What made you change it up?

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Regarding your Met, since you've had both...
If you were to buy again, which would you want to have back first (assuming a $1200 price difference)?

If I were to get met again it would be the pro led version.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

If I were to get met again it would be the pro led version.

is there a particular reason you would choose the pro over the prem/le

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Went from a MOPLe to a pro..... No regrets here.

I did as well. I did not care for the big hammer and at the time they were having issues with the magnet lock. The flow was better and the art was still excellent. Pro was the way to go on this one-IMO.

#35 3 years ago

I just have a hard time paying an extra 2k for "bling". I'm a "pinball player" and on most games (AC/DC is the biggest exception) they play virtually the same.....or in cases like GOT it plays different but not in any lesser way, in fact many prefer the added speed and flow of the pro on that one (and many don't).

To me MET and ST in particular play 99% the same. Yes the Premium ST looks better, but like I said I'm a "player" not an art collector (not that there is anything wrong with those who do feel it's worth it....I get that also).

#36 3 years ago

I've been lucky enough that i brought AC/DC prem the 1st time, I waited on AC/DC too which helped me to avoid the cloudy window situation. Today just purchased NIB TWD Prem. I'm still waiting for my MetPro all modded out when Stern starts pumping them out again which should be soon. Hope I don't regret not getting the prem Met but from what I'm seeing here I think I made the right choice.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

I've been lucky enough that i brought AC/DC prem the 1st time, I waited on AC/DC too which helped me to avoid the cloudy window situation. Today just purchased NIB TWD Prem. I'm still waiting for my MetPro all modded out when Stern starts pumping them out again which should be soon. Hope I don't regret not getting the prem Met but from what I'm seeing here I think I made the right choice.

I debated on Metallica Pro VS Premium for months and I finally went with the Premium and I am really glad I did.
From the translite, color changing GI to all the little extra stuff I just love it. I am a huge Metallica fan and the Hammer I find super cool. Have not had a single problem with it either. I have a WD premium I received in a trade and to be honest I do not see the value as much in that premium...But that being said I would not trade down if I were offered a NIB pro and the cash difference.
Maybe I am just a sucker for the extras but I do not care I am happy and having so much fun with these 2 games.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotronx:

I debated on Metallica Pro VS Premium for months and I finally went with the Premium and I am really glad I did.
From the translite, color changing GI to all the little extra stuff I just love it. I am a huge Metallica fan and the Hammer I find super cool. Have not had a single problem with it either. I have a WD premium I received in a trade and to be honest I do not see the value as much in that premium...But that being said I would not trade down if I were offered a NIB pro and the cash difference.
Maybe I am just a sucker for the extras but I do not care I am happy and having so much fun with these 2 games.

I aslo wish I had the met premium. But with the Canadian Dollar so Low went with the pro. And I'm loving it no regrets.

#39 3 years ago

I toyed with the idea of going to a Met Prem form my Pro that is over the top bling'd out ...but no takers.
I wanted to do a road case version just to be unique but it wasn't to be.
If I can get to it my pro will get a sinking cross .

#40 3 years ago

Its interesting to see some people have gone the other way. You can't really go wrong either way but for me its always come down to the money. You can basically buy 4 pros for the price of 3 premiums and I would rather have more machines.....

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I sold my T2 and one day might upgrade to the premium model called "AC/DC".

I sold my T2 to get a ACDC Prem also. Apples to oranges, but they are both fruit, so close enough.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

I just feel that the flow is better on the pro vs the premium.I really did not can for the bash toy under the ramp or the crossbow also I really did not care for the color changing LEDs really just doesn't fit the theme imo

The GI can be changed around to make it more like the pro. I redid mine. I hated all the red. I think the bicycle girl is worth it as if changes the shot between bicycle girl and cdc. There's some good stacking of say cdc and bicycle girl and the raised ramp allows for bicycle girl from left flipper. The color changing arrows are hugely helpful in indicating which shots for what purpose. The walker bombs make the premium worth it. The strategy added just takes the game to the next level.

#43 3 years ago

I bought a transformers pro nib loved it and bought a deception LE. Got bored of the game and sold it. I now own a pro and really don't like the LE. It turns out the pro was what I liked. The ramps flowed so much better. I ended up keeping the pro.

Metallica - owned the pro and loved it. Didn't like the LE due to captive ball being so much better than the block. Upgraded to premium and figured out how to replace the block with a real captive ball. Now have the premium. The pro is still great though.

Star Trek - don't find the differences worth it. I have a pro I have blinged out myself and am plenty happy.

TWD - bought LE. Was super brutal and code sucked. Sold it. When code got good, borrowed friends pro and loved it. Ended up buying the pro. Game wasn't so brutal like my original LE. Ended up upgrading to premium for walker bombs. Was well worth the upgrade.

Tron - bought pro. Loved game and upgraded to LE. Still own it.

Acdc - hate the pro. Own a premium converted to "the band that use to be acdc". Love the game without acdc music. Still hate the pro.

GoT - bought pro due to ramps being more fun than upper playfields. To be continued....

#44 3 years ago

Agree with Markmon on this except for........ Went from LE to pro on MET. and have a super blinged TRON pro because of LE price. Getting a ST pro This month and own a LTBR ( hate the pro ). Also agree that TF pro is better than the LE.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Sold both my ACDC and MET pros and am waiting for the right deal to pick up both

...And I got the right deal today! Yay!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,000 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Winchester, VA
€ 3.70
6,200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Stone Ridge, VA
$ 26.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton , FL
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside