37%
  • X-men pro 5 votes
    13%
  • Avengers pro 0 votes
  • Metallica pro 19 votes
    50%

(38 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

I'm about to buy a pro pinball from stern but I just can't seem to make up my mind about which one to take.
All of them have their positive and negative points.
I played them all only in the LE version except Metallica(only the pro version).
So what do the owners/people who played them a lot think about the especially in the rules department since I never really got very deep into the rules of them.

#2 10 years ago

Never mind, double post

#3 10 years ago

Do you have anywhere to try them out?

Tron would be my frist.....

#4 10 years ago

I enjoy my ACDC pro more than any other pin I have owned or played. Its well ahead of X-men and MILES ahead of Avengers Pro.

That said...Metallica is quickly climbing the ranks in my book. With some work on the code it's potentially a phenomenal game.

#5 10 years ago

@northvibe: not that I know of. Thanks for the suggestion but tron is not an option.

@jitney: Could you discribe, why you enjoy acdc more?
I'm also leaning towards acdc, but i also think that out of my choices that would be the only one i would regret not buying the premium of.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from JoachimR:

I'm also leaning towards acdc, but i also think that out of my choices that would be the only one i would regret not buying the premium of.

That's because the Premium owners are the vocal majority, but not everyone thinks the Premium is worth the cost. Or even the better game. The Premium certainly has more features, but the Pro is pure speed and adrenaline. The perfect game to me would be to take the swinging bell and TNT drops from the Premium and put them on the Pro. The Premium's crossover and lower playfield are big negatives for me, and stand-up targets work a little better in the ACDC position (the ones you shoot with the cannon).

If you go ACDC, you NEED the Hemi bell mod. It's a significant improvement (almost eliminates SDTM's and the bell shot feels more satisfying) and a downright shame that Stern didn't have the vision to come up with it themselves.

#7 10 years ago

seems like a odd question.. which one do YOU want to plop $4k down on? I personally wouldn't on any of these titles. but i get asking help to blow your wad.. so here is my feedback.

Xmen and Avengers IMO are crap stern titles. (its MY opinion)

ACDC and Metalica are stern learning they cant produce crap. Of those Metallica is music I like more (to hear 1000 times as I play pinball). also I think the "cookie cutter stern layout" is better on Metallica, I hate the location placement of the canon on ACDC.. also that ugly art on ACDC is ugly.

Metallica has some things that rock, in line drop targets. Snake Teeth Braces Mod.

#8 10 years ago

@ jitney: thx for your helpfull view on ac/dc

@spud: Thx for your opinion. To me it doesn't seem an odd question since I like them all but can't decide which one has the best ruleset and gameplay to stay interesting on the long run. So asking that question to the people who played it extensively seems like a logical step to me.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from JoachimR:

So asking that question to the people who played it extensively seems like a logical step to me.

(totally understandable, just paying troll here)

but anyone who owns that machine is going to say how awesome it is, because 1) they think it 2) they regret blowing a wad on it.

or you have people who played it and think it sucks..

so your stuck 50/50

in the end its your cash, so which one do you want to 1)think its awesome 2) stuck regretting.

just go look at what cacusian2step rated it - buy that ... thats what I do normally never go worng and if so.. always some new guy wanting to buy it off you

I totally get your point of justification for a pin.. just interjecting that at the root of it.. asking how to spend a lot of cash to people all as crazy as you for buying things that are pointless but cost a lot of cash .. you get it.. if your married you just need to convince one person it was the right purchase.. the wife.

also as mentioned .. you need to play them - to buy a new stern blind is IMO insane. sure old williams games the rating system on IPDB and Here will line up and "get you a good pin" I think any pin is good - new sterns are hit and miss however IMO, more so then "old games"

#10 10 years ago

Get an X-Men Pro. I am planning to. The rules are very deep.

#11 10 years ago

TRON...

Or Metallica...

#12 10 years ago

ACDC pro all the way! Super fast game, challenging as heck and non stop playability. Metallica second but wait till the code gets more finished. Good luck.

#13 10 years ago

1.) Tron
2.) AC/DC
3.) Metallica

This is from somebody that doesn't own any of them but has played them all.

#15 10 years ago

I have four (nib) Pros. ACDC, Xmen, Tron & Metallica. I like all of them. The ones I have been playing the most are Metallica and Xmen. IMO Xmen is very underrated. Tron is the only machine that has never (so far) given me any trouble. I mean that pin is solid. I sold my Avengers Pro to help pay for the Metallica Pro. That decision paid off. Any of the above four should give you a lot of enjoyment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pro-pinball-would-be-the-best-choice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.