(Topic ID: 73019)

What price would you pay...

By Slaymetender

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-913.jpg
    image-686.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Slaymetender.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

For a licensed theme. One that had horror, comedy and action in it. If it had original artwork, mixed with the original movie poster. Also had the approval of the director, stars, and dialog from the film, including custom dialog. The backbox will be LCD, and may many toys. The quality striving for, will be on par with WOZ.

I can't say what the license is just yet, not through the final hurdles.

Let's assume, it's really fun, done well, and is a theme you like.

Would you pay $5k, 6K, 7K, 8K, 9K, 10K?

The run would be limited to about 300-400 units with an LE version that will have a topper unlike any other, integrated in the gameplay, and also signed by select people....

#14 10 years ago

All good feedback. The artists are not pinball legends like J-Pop. However, they have a background of visual effects for film, art for AAA video games, illusions for walt disney imagineering, among other things.

Interesting that one didn't want an LCD. Honestly, that is an easier thing to do development wise, plus the backglass signage is larger, which I like too. We might go that route.

Yes, this would be a 2-3 year development cycle, very open like WOZ and Predator. We'd also go to shows to have people try it during development, or at least show our progress along the way.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Well, if you could give us a little more info on what you are planning, then we could give you a little more response in regards to interest. And since you are 10 minutes from here, I would come check it out, and then I could tell you what I would be willing to pay.

Hey O-din, I plan on hitting all local pinsiders once licensing comes through. It'll be fun to host everybody every month or so for updates, maybe at Pinball Land

#23 10 years ago

It wouldn't be shipping for two years. R&D does take time.

Thanks for the feedback folks, I'll take it into account to create a pricing structure, once the licensing is finalized.

#29 10 years ago

More for input and fun. I will want to sell machines, of course, but won't bully anybody into a purchase. I think these will sell themselves.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Slaymetender.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-price-would-you-pay?tu=Slaymetender and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.