What price would I be looking at for HUO LOTR in Chicago

By Jerel63

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I'm really loving my TSPP and from what I've read a lot of people say LOTR plays very similar. Sooooo I'm really wanting one and I wanted to know what I should get ready to pay in Chicago and the Chicago land area. Thanks fellers.

#2 11 years ago

I would guess $5k~ but I will say this: I love LOTR, it is probably the favorite of machines I owned and I hate the movies. I owned TSPP, I liked the show and I couldn't get rid of it fast enough, maybe it is just me but I don't think they play all that similarly.

#3 11 years ago

I have LOTR and TSPP. I wouldnt say they play all that similarly either. But they both have very deep rule sets. I actually prefer LOTR over TSPP, even though they are both great games.

Here is a recent post on pricing:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lord-of-the-rings-buying-advice-please

#4 11 years ago

They both have deep, Keith Johnson rules but LOTR is a fan layout and TSPP is a more twisty, side-shooting layout. LOTR is clunkier (the ball hits a lot of metal, not necessarily a bad thing) but the ball generally flows faster than TSPP. They are a great combination.

Seems like nice ones tend to be in the $4500-$5000 range.

#5 11 years ago

Nice HUO LOTR are in the $5000-5500 range these days.

#6 11 years ago

HUO LOTR in your general area just sold on ebay today for 5100.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Probably not too far off, but eBay can be all over the board.

#8 11 years ago

If you get a HUO Lotr for under 5k you did good.

#9 11 years ago

Damn LOTR costs too much.

Just a year or so ago it was $3850 for HUO if you waited a month or three.

Now, pfffft unacceptable!

It's an epic game though. Tonight, all in one bad ass game, I made it to TABA (2 modes away from completion), DTR in just under 2min (not my best), collected I think 4 elf gifts, played but not completed ring frenzy a time or two, prolly 2 Gollums & all 3 MB modes at least twice IIRC (not completed tho FML). Scored just under 200mm. Not a shabby evening!

One day I will break into the billions, one day...

#10 11 years ago

Just sold a HUO LOTR Friday with a few upgrades, including a topper for $6k.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Yeah was watching that auction. I contacted the seller and he sent me a bunch of pics. It looked nice but there was some wear in the shooter lane and the flippers looked like they might of had some slight wear but I really couldn't tell if that's the way the cabinet is or if it was the beginning of wear. I wanted to put a bid in for 4800 but it went north of 48 really quick.

#12 11 years ago

What do you guys think of the LOTR LE for 6300 in Gilberts IL?
chicago.craigslist.org link

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Jerel63:

What do you guys think of the LOTR LE for 6300 in Gilberts IL?
chicago.craigslist.org link

$6300 is way too much, imo. Even with the topper and shaker motor. I remember seeing this same ad awhile ago. Which should tell you something.

#14 11 years ago

they are nothing alike. LOTR is wide open typical fan pattern, and TSPP is cluttered and confined. but both have the deepest rulesets in pinball. That's the only way they are similar.

It's like saying a mouse and a mammoth are similar because they both have tails.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they are nothing alike. LOTR is wide open typical fan pattern, and TSPP is cluttered and confined. but both have the deepest rulesets in pinball. That's the only way they are similar.
It's like saying a mouse and a mammoth are similar because they both have tails.

I read a couple threads were people said they were similar in that they have stop and go play. Where the ball gets held for something to happen or progress in the game. I truthfully never played the game so I can't say I know this for a fact but its what I've read in other threads.

#16 11 years ago

Just paid $5300 for HUO LOTR with extra set of plastics and figures.

#17 11 years ago

5000 to 5500.

TSPP and LOTR are very different. TSPP is quick fast shots all over the place, a million things to do, 5 flippers, funny.... LOTR is long hard shots, fan, longer ball times, epic theme and dark.

#18 11 years ago

How many flippers are on LOTR?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Jerel63:

How many flippers are on LOTR?

#20 11 years ago

What game would you guys say is similar to TSPP then? I really dig on LOTR both the books and the movies but I love comedies.

#21 11 years ago

ripleys has some similarities. Maybe monopoly.

#22 11 years ago

Similar in what way? Ripley's is deep and has a ton of features on the playfield, but theme and voice work suck. Simpsons theme and voice work are awesome. If you really like comedy themes get a TSPP or Family Guy.

#23 11 years ago

TSPP is its own thing. No other game really has a comparable shot layout. Not that it matters Jerel, you should want something different. Why have 2 similar games next to each other! Variety is the spice of life my friend. Blonde on your right, brunette on your left.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

TSPP is its own thing. No other game really has a comparable shot layout. Not that it matters Jerel, you should want something different. Why have 2 similar games next to each other! Variety is the spice of life my friend. Blonde on your right, brunette on your left.

OUTSTANDING ADVICE!!! I just couldn't believe how much fun I had the first week I got to play my TSPP, so much I didn't want it to end. I figured I would get something similar to keep it going. I do love the lay out and the fact that the shots at least to me aren't that easy and it's taking a lot of practice to hit them. The other thing is I love the way I get to see so many different modes and mini games in one pin.
I haven't played a lot of games so I just watch videos of suggestions people give me. I really appreciate the input. The only other pin that I've played that I thought was awesome is ACDC.

#25 11 years ago

Oh yeah and I have the iPhone pinball app and I've played MB and thought that game was so much fun on a phone I can't imagine what it's like in person. But at 9Gs and up ill probably never own one let alone play one

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from Jerel63:

Oh yeah and I have the iPhone pinball app and I've played MB and thought that game was so much fun on a phone I can't imagine what it's like in person. But at 9Gs and up ill probably never own one let alone play one

Eh, LOTR is just as popular at about half the price. Same designer 90% similar layout, deeper code. Id look into Wide-bodies too if you prefer shot variety over flow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 7.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-price-would-i-be-looking-at-for-huo-lotr-in-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.