(Topic ID: 195251)

What Price Is Too Much For NIB ?

By stoptap

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I've been looking at a number of threads recently and people keep commenting on what they have paid for NIB games (mostly Stern). I'm getting the impression that most people are paying slightly less than $5000 for a NIB Stern Pro.
    Over in the UK a Stern Pro is now £6100 which works out at $8000. I don't think that many NIB games are being sold over here which is ultimately going to affect the supply of used games being available. This is no doubt going to have a serious knock on effect for prices for used games in the near future.

So what point would you guys in the US think that NIB prices have gone too far ?

#10 6 years ago

Interesting comments. We are starting to see some of the more desirable Stern Pro's (TWD, MET) selling used HUO for around $5500 - $6000 over here.

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

People are hypocrites. They will swear that they will never pay over 5k for a NIB Pro, and then Stern will release something like AC/DC, and their words evaporate in a fit of desire. It happened to me, it will happen to others.
    So really I feel that anything anyone says in a thread like this is subject to the whims of being human.

Do you think people would still buy at $8000 for a Pro ?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from Biv:

We may wanna save that quote for the year 2020
    If Stern still exist by then, there is a good chance we see them selling thousands of Pro machines for 8k each

No, it is happening now. I'm curious as to how many in the US would buy NIB pins at current UK prices.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It really depends on what kind of return you can expect to get on your investment.

That is an excellent point. I think we are way beyond the point (here in the uk) where yo could hope to at least break even with a game bought for routing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoptap.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-price-is-too-much-for-nib?tu=stoptap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.