Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 8 years ago

Up in the far north, I charge $1 a game, 6 games for $5 (newer sterns/WoZ). Older DMD's are $1 a play, 3 games for $2.

3 for $2 is .66 cents a game.
6 for $5 is .83 cents a game.

We also have $1 and $2 coins up here. My machines do not take quarters.

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from PINQUEST:

I called and spoke to a payrange rep as the coin machine was my first thought too... Apparently there is a legal issue with it because it then basically turns a coin machine into an ATM machine, therefore they will not function with change machine.

So, if the change machines dispenses tokens (branded and no cash value), a person could use pay range in a token machine?

I hope that is true, but my guess would be they would hand wave a bit about something, and try to sell me 10 individual units instead of one.

#122 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sure you dont get the opportunity to do specials,

You could still do discounts to an extent (use pay range on Sunday and receive a bonus token!), but you would have to manually adjust machines for specials.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The other risk would be people "loading up" on tokens during your special period, and then coming back later.

True. But I think the key fact is 'coming back later'. Please do! And keep drinking the pints I pour for you Try the fish! Because we all know the money isnt in the pins, it's the consumables at the location.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

So if you could find a way to hook one up to a token machine, you are always losing money when that gets used.

If people go the location (to play pins or just buy a coffee), it's a win regardless.

I think providing pay range is a no brainer (or something like that). All about convenience, and separating people from their money. In order to do debit/credit also costs a fee, but by restricting yourself to a strictly cash business you lose a lot more than you gain.

$1 dollar gets you two tokens. 2 tokens for new(ish) pins. 1 token for older titles. Oh, and that beer you are drinking is marked up 250%

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokedog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-price-in-a-bar-is-fair?tu=smokedog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.