Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mainelycoasters
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mainelycoasters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from PINQUEST:

Thanks for the responses! What does everyone think about the 50cent price point but making it VERY difficult to win free games? I want to keep it affordable and become an attraction locally. I understand the maintainace, and maybe some one more experienced with a route can chime in but here is my current business model,
Immediately LED, cliffy my machines, clean them every Saturday morning before the big Weekend crowd flows in. Wax as needed. My time honestly does not matter to me so I put zero value on my labor. I absolutely love working on machines and watching the joy folks get from playing the machines.
I may look at the break even a bit different then everyone else as this is NOT a full time job. This is really a way to keep my collection out of my house(for my girlfriends sanity) I have a local flipper who will purchase machines, I can buy a new machine for 5k, set a 1000k goal to "break even" and sell it to the flipper for 4K, then I view the rest as profit.
I truly love pinball and I want everyone else to experience the love and hopefully keep this bad ass game alive!!!!!

I am running that .50 tag on most of my games, but on any new ones I buy I ask more for them. .75. I am not in a very rich area so people have issue spending the buck. I am very picky about what I buy for locations. One thing I will say is know your location and the customer base there. I have a bar with a Space Station cleaning up right now....but they grow tired of pins quick and I have to change out the title often. I have a location with 6 pins and the one I spent the least to buy, Super Mario gets the most plays, my ghost busters makes the most money since it cost .75 and not .50. You dont have to buy all new machines to do it... solid running ones yes but I have bought many from someone who is flipping a pin and done well. Know the customers and locations is the key.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 11.95
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 218.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mainelycoasters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside