Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Bizzenya:

Maybe my area is different, but $1 per play is going to turn off a lot of people. I personally wouldn't frequent a place charging $1 a game and I only play on location. On new titles sure, but for pretty much anything else $0.75 a game will probably bring in more volume. Heck at a truck stop I like to go to, the most popular game is Metallica simply because it is set to $0.50 a play. I think your prices are on the low end of what I see out on location, with the level of maintenance you are talking about it is unheard of.
I think $0.75 per game on everything, but keep one priced at $0.50 to keep the cheapskates playing. You might be able to get away with $1 per game on a new game if there are a lot of more knowledgeable pinball players who come in. Otherwise, the only thing that will make Ghostbusters stand out to a new player is the higher price tag. JJP's games could probably get away with being $1 when new, but even then most of the ones I see on location drop down to $0.75 pretty quick.

This is the reality in Tucson. I have a location with 8 machines and they are all priced at .50 a play, but with no bonus buy. The replay scores are tough, but reachable, and all but Mario has the extra balls turned off. Mario can't, or it would be as well. I run a lot of events, and I don't feel like turning all the EBs on and off all the time, so that's how things are. My friend has a location with ~30 machines and it's .75 for A-listers and new Sterns, .50 for other DMDs and SS, and .25 for EMs.

Mine is a hobby business and his is his real job. I know in Phoenix, new games are $1 or $2/3 in most areas. There are a few newer places though and I don't know what their pricing is.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

To the other ops in this thread are any of you guys using this yet? If so can you comment on how you like it? Have you seen an increase in playing/revenue from using it?

I wanted to go in fully, but didn't realize that it's not the $49 they say to set up pins, it's $69 because of an additional kit you need. Not a big difference, but something that wasn't budgeted for. As we are still a new business/location, we are still dealing with other startup costs. This one is not high on that list. But... I want to order a few soon. Was hoping to this month, but that's not happening. Maybe mid next month. Just finished paying for tax prep and other costs, so have to build back up a little.

#94 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Point taken. I think so, but didn't make the effort to check and didn't want to misrepresent them. It does seem like a good product.

They run ads for them, but have said many times that they get nothing out of it. They do get beta access to hardware Payrange is looking to test in the wild, but I wouldn't consider that a perk. Tony has said that they bought the units that are in their machines.

Also, it says you have to buy 12 at a minimum in the dropdown, but I've seen people say you can get fewer if you contact them.

#128 8 years ago

Problem with a token machine would be that it's a 1 transaction and Payrange has the 4% fee. So if you could find a way to hook one up to a token machine, you are always losing money when that gets used.

On top of that, if you are set up for tokens, you are more likely that people will be using Payrange instead of stuffing a 20 in there. A location with 4 machines locally uses tokens. If you put a 20 in, you get $25 worth of tokens out. On top of that, they have 3 newer Sterns and a WOZ, and the Sterns are set to 2 tokens a play, 3 plays for $1. If you do the $20 in the token machine and the bonus buy, you are playing new games for .25 a game. Don't do this, anyone. This place is a kiddie fun center and just do a token collection and so they don't really care.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 40.00
$ 16.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vienna, VA
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 169.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-price-in-a-bar-is-fair?tu=desertt1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.