Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bizzenya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 8 years ago

Maybe my area is different, but $1 per play is going to turn off a lot of people. I personally wouldn't frequent a place charging $1 a game and I only play on location. On new titles sure, but for pretty much anything else $0.75 a game will probably bring in more volume. Heck at a truck stop I like to go to, the most popular game is Metallica simply because it is set to $0.50 a play. I think your prices are on the low end of what I see out on location, with the level of maintenance you are talking about it is unheard of.

I think $0.75 per game on everything, but keep one priced at $0.50 to keep the cheapskates playing. You might be able to get away with $1 per game on a new game if there are a lot of more knowledgeable pinball players who come in. Otherwise, the only thing that will make Ghostbusters stand out to a new player is the higher price tag. JJP's games could probably get away with being $1 when new, but even then most of the ones I see on location drop down to $0.75 pretty quick.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's been said a million times in this thread and I'll say it again...get your head out of the 80s. Movies don't cost $3 anymore, Corvettes aren't $30,000, a stamp isn't 20 cents, and pinball SHOULDN'T be 50 cents with tons of free games thrown in just to keep aging cheapskates happy. For a decade plus we've been saying pinball needs to evolve or die, and that counts per game pricing.

You wouldn't mistake a movie made in the 90's for one made today, you wouldn't mistake a corvette from the 90's with one made today. The general public would not be able to tell the difference between most recent pins and those made during the early DMD era unless the license dated the game. Pinball has evolved through deeper rulesets, but they don't look much different besides the photoshopped art.

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As far as I can tell, it's not the "general public" whining about paying a fair price per game.
It's pinheads.

I have seen many examples of people turning their noses up at paying higher prices for pinball. Even had a guy ask me why I was playing the GOT LE when MET Pro was a quarter cheaper. You don't see the average person complaining because they just won't play and that would be the end of it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 9.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Euless, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bizzenya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-price-in-a-bar-is-fair?tu=Bizzenya and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.