View topic image gallery

homer pinball.gif
HH Score.jpg
TOTAN_.jpg
20140902_132333.jpg
fb.JPG
gorgar2.jpg
IMG_3992.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NextoPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So, as I'm getting more and more into pinball, it seems everyone has 1 game that hooked them into pinball. It doesn't always seem to be the first pin you ever played, but the one where pinball 'clicked' and became more than just keeping the ball from draining.

For me, it was Black Knight 2000. I played a bunch of pinball as a kid in the arcades and also when I worked at Chuck E' Cheeses as a teenager. It wasn't until BK2K that I started to understand Pinball as a game instead of some sort of reflex and motor skills test.

As I got older and my kids got older, I wanted one. I even hinted to the wife how I'd love to have a Black Knight 2000, and oh, BTW, my 40th birthday is coming up.. nada. This year I took matters into my own hands and bought one. I love it and can't see ever parting with it.

So, What game was it for you? What made is so special?, as Clay once said, was it the one you banged your girlfriend on in high school? Did you eventually buy one? Is it one you will keep forever, or did the passion for pinball overcome your nostalgia and you moved on from it (the pinball machine, not the girlfriend)?

It seems everyone has one.. what's yours?
IMG_3992.JPGIMG_3992.JPG

#81 9 years ago

So after reading all these posts, it brought back a deep seated, shameful memory that I had long forgotten about.

So, I was a young guy, living with my girlfriend at her parents house.. I got this crappy job going to different department stores trying to sell family portrait appointments, For $5 you get a session with the photographer and a 10x14 portrait. All the money was made selling the packages so as the "salesman" I got to keep the $5, and that's all I got.

Ugh, it hurts to write this, lol

So I was at a store called "Hills", Kind of like a KMart, they are long gone, but this particular one had a T2 at the snack bar. So I would make a sale, goto the snack bar and get quarters and spend them all on T2 (unless I was hungry and got a hot dog). I would do this all day, make a sale, get quarters, play T2.

Every night I would come home with no money, I was at the location for a week. The girlfriend said I needed to find a new job as this one wasn't making me any money.

So, While BK2K was the first to get me, T2 was the one where I realized I had a problem . Looking back, it was probably the best job I ever had

7 months later
#127 9 years ago

Wow, I didn't notice this thread was still active.

I bought my first pin about a year ago, now I have 9 (6 working), Mostly EM's. When pinball bites you, it bites HARD and doesn't let go!

Thanks for all the stories and reply's!

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from rshofcols:

a 400 pound black girl named bubbles on a pinbot machine
roger

#151 9 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

1978 Bally Playboy around 1990 as a 12 year old. My friends Dad brought her Homer and we had our way.

homer pinball.gifhomer pinball.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 179.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NextoPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-popped-your-pinball-cherry?tu=NextoPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.