Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by NextoPin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

homer pinball.gif
HH Score.jpg
TOTAN_.jpg
20140902_132333.jpg
fb.JPG
gorgar2.jpg
IMG_3992.JPG

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

So, as I'm getting more and more into pinball, it seems everyone has 1 game that hooked them into pinball. It doesn't always seem to be the first pin you ever played, but the one where pinball 'clicked' and became more than just keeping the ball from draining.

For me, it was Black Knight 2000. I played a bunch of pinball as a kid in the arcades and also when I worked at Chuck E' Cheeses as a teenager. It wasn't until BK2K that I started to understand Pinball as a game instead of some sort of reflex and motor skills test.

As I got older and my kids got older, I wanted one. I even hinted to the wife how I'd love to have a Black Knight 2000, and oh, BTW, my 40th birthday is coming up.. nada. This year I took matters into my own hands and bought one. I love it and can't see ever parting with it.

So, What game was it for you? What made is so special?, as Clay once said, was it the one you banged your girlfriend on in high school? Did you eventually buy one? Is it one you will keep forever, or did the passion for pinball overcome your nostalgia and you moved on from it (the pinball machine, not the girlfriend)?

It seems everyone has one.. what's yours?
IMG_3992.JPG

#3 5 years ago

Haunted House! Really cool to own one now and see my kids play it.

#5 5 years ago

Big guns and funhouse simultaneously. They were the only ones that made me care about the rulesets and getting high scores when I was a kid.

#6 5 years ago

Jubilee.... Not kidding

#7 5 years ago

Mine was also Funhouse. I had played a ST at the mall a few times, and I thought it was tons of fun. I also thought I'd love to have one because it was Star Trek related. I took a trip down to the beach earlier this summer and got addicted to playing Funhouse at the arcade across the street. The machine was terribly beat up and hardly worked, but I was addicted to finding and playing as many pins as I could. I've found several pins that I wouldn't mind having. I'm still saving up for my first purchase. It will probably be ST premium or LE if I can find one at the right price. Or Funhouse. I can't decide. I want them all.

#8 5 years ago

The Party Zone was the very first machine where I discovered that playing pinball was more than just pure luck; it was strategy. The one day I combined 10x Playfield with Dance Contest, I set forward to stack as many modes in pinball as I can.

#9 5 years ago

It was T2 for me almost 10 years ago. As a noob, I couldn't get enough of firing that damn canon. I also got a kick out of the Arnold quotes. Thank you very much, Mr. Steve Ritchie.

#10 5 years ago

Visiting a friend in SF a few years ago: Pacific Pinball Museum, a fat medicinal joint, and about 6 hours later I was hooked.

#11 5 years ago

Gorgar made the biggest impression on me. Back in the arcade days.

#12 5 years ago

Cyclone was the first game that really drew me in as a kid.

#14 5 years ago

Spirit of 76, at the front of a department store (Zayres, I think). Watched a couple of kids play, and tried it myself. And then when I discovered MIT's game room (full of glorious EMs) while in high school, I was hooked.

#15 5 years ago

Definitely Gorgar. "Gorgar speaks"

I was very under the impression of the speech. I was also young (9 years) so maybe it was easy to impress me back then Also loved the increasing heartbeat. Timeless.

gorgar2.jpg

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#18 5 years ago

Fireball. Two neighbors had pins and I spent lots of $ in arcades in the late 70's.

But when I was 14 and got a used Fireball, I really discovered how to play and my love for pinball.

#19 5 years ago

Dealers choice.

#20 5 years ago

Dr Dude at the local 7-11.

#21 5 years ago

1955 Gottlieb "Tournament" that my grandfather bought from the local Air Force base officers club.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2613&picno=2488

#22 5 years ago

TAF for me. So much fun.

#23 5 years ago

Cyclone. the callouts alone won me over when i was about 19 years old. Got a sweet restored one I've had for 10 years. Sold all my other pins, but keeping this one.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Spirit of 76, at the front of a department store (Zayres, I think). Watched a couple of kids play, and tried it myself. And then when I discovered MIT's game room (full of glorious EMs) while in high school, I was hooked.

Ok, so anybody else from that area, J.M. Fields in Natick had an EM 40 years ago. It had at least one red pop bumper cap up towards the upper right side of the playfield. That was the game that hooked me, but I have no recollection what the game was 4 decades later.

#25 5 years ago

STTNG here. 'Twas the fall of '94 and I played the heck out of that game.

#26 5 years ago

goldeneye.... man I couldn't believe that cool satellite feature when I first hit it too cool

#27 5 years ago

Diner and Taxi.
Played them at a pin expo in 2012, and had to have one...
In the back of my mind, I was hoping to play Whirlwind, Cyclone, and Funhouse again from college years...
-mof

#28 5 years ago

For me probably either White Water or Hurricane. My eyes lit up when I saw that spinning backbox wheel and the insanity falls ramp for the first time.

#29 5 years ago

Does virtual pinball count? If so then it was MM (on pinball arcade) that introduced me. The first time I played a physical machine was when I went and bought NF a few months later.

#31 5 years ago

F14 Tomcat, in 1987, and 25 years later its in the house....pin #1, 23 later I think I have a problem..... , or maybe not..its all good fun, especially when people come in and see these machines sitting there

#32 5 years ago

Space Invaders was the first game I could rape for specials, does that qualify?

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from NextoPin:

Did you eventually buy one? Is it one you will keep forever, or did the passion for pinball overcome your nostalgia and you moved on from it (the pinball machine, not the girlfriend)?
It seems everyone has one.. what's yours?

Cherry - Gorgar and Space Invaders (the pin), fittingly enough at the Pyramid Mall in Fulton, NY, 1979

Addiction (set it in place) - T2, TZ, BK2K, WCS94, AFM, STTNG

Own - T2, IJ and LOTR

#34 5 years ago

For me it was Monster Bash probably about three years ago. Played it in a bar called Lake Alice in Downtown Riverside. I've been hooked ever since.

#35 5 years ago

Ted Nugent for me. In the early 80's my friend had one in his basement and we played the sh@t out of it. Found one for sale around 2000, the year, and when I played it I thought this game blows. And my friend threw it in a dumpster because back then we could never find any parts. Ouch!!!

#37 5 years ago

Pinbot for me also.

#38 5 years ago

Gorgar!!!!!!

#39 5 years ago

TAF, yelling SHOWTIME,down at the Jersey Shore,its been a uphill spiral ever since.

#40 5 years ago

Data east Simpsons. Don't know why I ever sold it. Want another one as soon as I find a good one

#41 5 years ago

EATPM... I was 15, my boy friend was 19... We didn't have much money so we would go to the local 7-11 & play pinball... EATPM & Comet... 25 years later we're still together & Elvira was the first pin we bought & has a Comet right next to it just like at the 7-11... And there's a few more to boot.

#42 5 years ago

No Fear. It was at a bowling alley where I worked during college - we spent quite a few hours playing after close on a regular basis.

#44 5 years ago

No specific game for me.

I just remember playing pinball when I was young, probably 9-10 years old, and I loved hearing the chimes and bells go off when the ball would hit the targets and pops.

When I was in high school in the early 80's, Arcades were huge and there were a ton of pinball machines to choose from, but I don't have very many specific recollections other than ones like Black Hole and later Space Shuttle.

#46 5 years ago

Air Aces and EBD

#47 5 years ago

DREDD

#48 5 years ago

Jacks Open, Capt Fantastic EM, EBD

#49 5 years ago

Bally's Elektra. I remember seeing three playfields in pinball for the first time, blew my socks off. Super fun game too.

#50 5 years ago

The first multiball... Firepower

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside