7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballalley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi All,
In my business we specialize in pinball restoration. While working on a Rocky and Bullwinkle we had a heck of a time finding a good set of plastics and ramps. I finally found a ramp but the price was $425.00! I finally had come to the conclusion that it was time to solve the issue once and for all. I purchased the equipment to make high quality plastics, ramps and small playfield toys. (Especially for the Dr. Dude tough guy) My question is this.....What plastics sets would you like to see made? It turns out , as you may have guessed, set up is where all the cost are. It does not cost a lot more for the second set on up. I would like to make the ones people are looking for.

thanks-Jerry

#4 7 years ago

We have a set of Elektra plastics so we could get that going after Rocky and Bullwinkle. I have a question about price. Would you pay $129.00 for a complete new set of plastics?

-J

#16 7 years ago

I am compiling a list. Remember the ramps too.

-J

#58 7 years ago

We are doing Rocky and Bullwinkle next because we already started. Then we will work on JD. Do you want the topper too?

-J

#83 7 years ago

The hardest part of the process is the set up. Getting the images cleaned up and scanned in correctly. After that it can be saved thus making future sets much easier. I plan on starting with two dozen sets of each we work on. I will know better by the end of this upcoming week. I am anxious to see how they come out. The materials seem much better and more durable than the original. We have a machine that "cuts" the pieces after they have been all applied to a single sheet. It is that process that I am most nervous. I will post photos of a complete set to demonstrate what I am hoping to be complete fidelity.

-J

#86 7 years ago

I am going to ask Stern about TSPP. I know they have been tough in the past about their pins. I think it may be because of licensing agreements. If we can we will. I will also post here what the result of the conversation is. I am going to buy Stern sets while I can. My business is restoration (primarily) so there is nothing more frustrating than not being able to find damaged parts.

-J

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jesup, GA
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Listowel Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 23.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

£ 195.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballalley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-plastic-set-would-you-like-to-see-made?tu=pinballalley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.