You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150408_224846.jpg
20150408_223904.jpg
20150408_223839.jpg
#1 9 years ago

On my lotr the ring shot is crazy hard to get, I have the upgraded flippers also. I'm wondering if my game is pitched to high?

#2 9 years ago

6.5 degrees seems to be the norm around here. Plus or minus half a degree.

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

On my lotr the ring shot is crazy hard to get, I have the upgraded flippers also. I'm wondering if my game is pitched to high?

Throw some superbands on there. You'll knock the ball through the back of the machine and the wall behind it.

#4 9 years ago

Sell me your LOTR and you wont have to worry about it anymore

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Sell me your LOTR and you wont have to worry about it anymore

Captain Obvious speaking: have you checked the alignment on the ramp and made sure the magnet is working?

#6 9 years ago

I noticed I was having a hard time hitting the ring on yours the other day diddy. I thought I was just having a terrible game ;P

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

I noticed I was having a hard time hitting the ring on yours the other day diddy. I thought I was just having a terrible game ;P

It seems like it's always been like this, unless I really hit it solid it doesn't make it into the ring. I don't think it has to do with the flippers because shots on gimli sometimes skim over and legolas return very quick, so quick I had to install a plastic guard on the habit trail to keep the ball down. It has to be pitched to high or the ramp is off. And I'm pretty sure there are super bands on it but I'll check when I get home.

#8 9 years ago

Have you rebuilt the flipper mechs recently?

My LOTR had upgraded coils when I bought it from the previous owner, but the flippers were still fairly weak and would fade very quickly. The flipper mechs probably hadn't been rebuilt in several years. When I rebuilt the mechs, installed new EOS switches, and cleaned/gapped the flipper button switches on the cabinet, the shot strength improved dramatically. Now ring shots are a breeze.

Also check your spinner plate to ensure that it isn't mushroomed at the bottom. If the spinner plate is deformed, it will create a lot of drag, slowing down balls entering the ring ramp.

#9 9 years ago

I'm at 6.5-7 with upgraded coils, only time ring shot is hard to hit is during DTR, it's as if the game knows not to let my ball through.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Also check your spinner plate to ensure that it isn't mushroomed at the bottom. If the spinner plate is deformed, it will create a lot of drag, slowing down balls entering the ring ramp.

Good point...I once had a problem where the spinner wasn't hanging completely straight up and down. If it's on any sort of angle where the bottom is hanging more towards you than the top, it won't allow the ball to get up the ramp. The fix I was told was to *gently* pull the spinner towards you because sometimes the wire supports get knocked out of alignment. Just a couple of light tugs, and mine was perpendicular to the playfield again and solved the problem. I wish all fixes were that easy!

#11 9 years ago

So I checked the ramp it seemed like it was playing to the right so I adjusted that. But is a struggle to make. My pitch on my level is only at 6.3. It feels like I'm getting hung up in the spinner, the bottom should lean towards the player right?

20150408_223839.jpg20150408_223839.jpg 20150408_223904.jpg20150408_223904.jpg 20150408_224846.jpg20150408_224846.jpg
#12 9 years ago

The Spinner should be straight up and down. Try to bend it down. If that doesn't work, just replace it. I replaced mine and it's awesome now. Well worth the $.

#13 9 years ago

No, the spinner needs to hang the other way round, get some needle pliers, hold the wire and twist the spinner plate so the bottom is furthest away from you. Should help a lot.

#14 9 years ago

My machine is 1st run and I bought it new, it's been around a long time.
6.7 on my playfield and the bubble shows dead level.
And for me, straight up and down on the spinner works great. As the others stated, just push it down to bend the wire to lower the CG.
Another thing I did was of course upgrading the flipper coils, but I also changed out my flipper mecs. to Williams/Bally parts then put R/C motor aluminum heat sinks around the coils.
Never had another issue.

Happy Flipping

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

No, the spinner needs to hang the other way round, get some needle pliers, hold the wire and twist the spinner plate so the bottom is furthest away from you. Should help a lot.

Thanks for this, mine was tilted toward me, adjusted it and it makes it up the ramp every time. Got to DTR tonight, 1:14.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good point...I once had a problem where the spinner wasn't hanging completely straight up and down. If it's on any sort of angle where the bottom is hanging more towards you than the top, it won't allow the ball to get up the ramp. The fix I was told was to *gently* pull the spinner towards you because sometimes the wire supports get knocked out of alignment. Just a couple of light tugs, and mine was perpendicular to the playfield again and solved the problem. I wish all fixes were that easy!

Quoted from tdiddy:

So I checked the ramp it seemed like it was playing to the right so I adjusted that. But is a struggle to make. My pitch on my level is only at 6.3. It feels like I'm getting hung up in the spinner, the bottom should lean towards the player right?

20150408_223839.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

This first picture is exactly what I was talking about. Sorry it took so long to get back to you!

#17 9 years ago

With a waxed pf and snappy flippers I'm afraid I might break things on mine at 6.5

Check the spinner. It may be bent.

#18 9 years ago

Rebuild your flippers per Vid's guide, paying attention to the proper gap. I did this and my flippers are TOO strong with the upgraded coils. I have it pitched around 8 and it still drills ring shots.

#19 9 years ago

Seconding the spinner comment. I replaced mine for $10 because it was smashed and it was like night and day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 39.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pitch-is-your-lotr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.