(Topic ID: 104299)

What pisses you off most about the hobby?

By Blackbeard

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 274 posts
  • 156 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

eeyore-1.jpg
cookie-monster-ruler-1.JPG
toast.gif
bert-lamp-nose-1.jpg
good-times.jpg
Anus Squares.jpg
apron-1.jpg
this-thread-in-summary.jpg
image.jpg
dollar.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 10.01.55 PM.png
js.jpg
lower-back-pain-2.jpg
dcfan.PNG
image-206.jpg
There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 9 years ago

We still talking about Anus Squares candies?

Anus Squares.jpgAnus Squares.jpg
#252 9 years ago

If a toy/amusement game pisses you off you really should not own it. And stop being so pretentiousness over really nothing.

#253 9 years ago

Can't stand when someone plays the "wife card" when negotiating....

#254 9 years ago

Can't stand trying to find parts for machines that are no longer available.

#255 9 years ago

Parts suppliers that list items as "out of stock" that they haven't stocked in years and will not be in stock ever again. Just take the item off of your site and stop making me believe that you will have the part in my lifetime. Ooh, that feels better.

#256 9 years ago

I can not really think of anything negative about the hobby. I have been pinballing since I was in diapers and I have met a ton of cool folks along the way. When I was having difficult times in the last 6 months, people from the pinball community local and abroad reached out to me to make me feel a lot better about my situation. I see people on here hate flippers, but to play devils advocate, some of the flippers at least motivate ops to sell a game, so that gives others another opportunity to obtain a game they want. Oh well, just my 2 cents.

#257 9 years ago

One thing that I find to be more funny than something I hate is how some people who do the exact same thing can be considered "flippers" and others considered "great sellers".

#258 9 years ago

not being able to make it to one of the big pin/game expo's

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

not being able to make it to one of the big pin/game expo's

whaaa? Come to the Louisville show next year and I'll buy a round

good-times.jpggood-times.jpg

#260 9 years ago

^Fixed, because it's now a negative adjective in the pinball community. We all know who they are...

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

whaaa? Come to the Louisville show next year and I'll buy a round

good-times.jpg 59 KB

Hey, I'm coming. Are you seriously buying?

#262 9 years ago

Depends, are you a Sesame Street character also?

#263 9 years ago

or a lamp ?

bert-lamp-nose-1.jpgbert-lamp-nose-1.jpg

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Depends, are you a Sesame Street character also?

When I was a kid I called my neighbors "Bert and Ernie" instead of "Mae and Bernie". Does that count? I have also been subjected to Sesame Street Live. Cookie monster ruled.

#265 9 years ago

Close enough for me!
toast.giftoast.gif

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

When I was a kid I called my neighbors "Bert and Ernie" instead of "Mae and Bernie". Does that count? I have also been subjected to Sesame Street Live. Cookie monster ruled.

Cookie Monster ruler?

cookie-monster-ruler-1.JPGcookie-monster-ruler-1.JPG

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from gac:

One thing that I find to be more funny than something I hate is how some people who do the exact same thing can be considered "flippers" and others considered "great sellers".

Flippers buy a game and they must "fully shop" it in the back of the truck on the way home because it is advertised that way the next morning for a grand more than they paid for it.
Great sellers buy a game and rebuild it over the months they own it and play it and when they tire of it they get offers from the flippers for less than they paid for the non working base game.

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Flippers buy a game and they must "fully shop" it in the back of the truck on the way home because it is advertised that way the next morning for a grand more than they paid for it.
Great sellers buy a game and rebuild it over the months they own it and play it and when they tire of it they get offers from the flippers for less than they paid for the non working base game.

Lol, you obviously know the southern Ca brothers.....

#269 9 years ago

It's distracting! I just walked into the basement to get something, saw my pin and forgot what it was. I decided I could play a game until I remember - after three games I forgot if I even wanted to get something.
After five games I decided that I didn't want to get something and didn't remember the reason why I even got up from my movie.
After ten games I went back to watch my movie, sat down and instantly remembered what it was that I wanted to get. So I got back into my basement, saw my pin and well....eventually I broke the circle to come here.
Dangerously addictive!

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You know how you avoid that? Price is very reasonable to a great deal range. Then you have the "i'll take it, i'll be there in 3 hours to get it" type buyers.
When you price high or "pinside going rate", then your going to be under more scrupulous buyers. The higher the price, the more anal the buyer. If you don't like dealing with it, price them cheap and people will line up with no pictures needed.

That hasn't been my experience. Oddly enough it has been completely the opposite. I sold a gorgeous MB (clearcoated Bill Davis PF, new decals, new everything). The buyer flew into town from the midwest and it was a smooth deal. I also sold an beautiful MM with literally no questions asked right before its peak. (priced it at $12,500 when other MMs were going for close to $14K) Actually the only question I got from the buyer was "will my box truck with a liftgate fit in you neighborhood". He was a dealer coming from over 3 hours away. He was so ecstatic when he saw it because he could take it straight to his buyer without having to take it to his shop. He came in, his eyes lit up, handed me the cash and I helped him load it.

Typically price isn't a huge concern as I usually end up trading my pins in to a dealer. So you know the potential hit you are taking by trading in. I won't give a pin away, but if I sell one myself, I will price it fair.

It has been the mid/low priced pins that people would drive me nuts about. For example, a few years ago I was selling a Frankenstein for a loss (with a perfect display). I just wanted it gone to make room for another pin (ToTAN) so I priced it quite cheap. ($900) You'd think one potential buyer was purchasing a Faberge egg. He was going over it with a fine tooth comb. He was at my home for over an hour, heeing and hawing and then left without buying it. Gggrrrr.....

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

It has been the mid/low priced pins that people would drive me nuts about. For example, a few years ago I was selling a Frankenstein for a loss (with a perfect display). I just wanted it gone to make room for another pin (ToTAN) so I priced it quite cheap. ($900) You'd think one potential buyer was purchasing a Faberge egg. He was going over it with a fine tooth comb. He was at my home for over an hour, heeing and hawing and then left without buying it. Gggrrrr.....

i had similar responses when selling as cheap as $300 pins.
oy-vey

#272 9 years ago

I would rather concentrate my efforts and thoughts on what is positive about our hobby. I have met some wonderful people, and lots of very helpful people.

Why dwell on what pisses us pinball guys off? Lets all bring positive things to this hobby as it used to be.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I would rather concentrate my efforts and thoughts on what is positive about our hobby. I have met some wonderful people, and lots of very helpful people.
Why dwell on what pisses us pinball guys off? Lets all bring positive things to this hobby as it used to be.

said.

#274 9 years ago

people only interested in the positive

hiiiii.... pooooohhhhh
eeyore-1.jpgeeyore-1.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 274 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pisses-you-off-most-about-the-hobby/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.