(Topic ID: 168447)

What pins would you pick for a 2 machine keeper set?

By nosro

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 130 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Luppin
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170226_172650 (resized).jpg
    20161029_145001 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8008 (resized).JPG
    12417575_10205627389671441_2656263186632166042_n (resized).jpg
    There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 7 years ago

Not really an answer your question, but if I only had room for 2 machines right now I would be looking at getting a Heighway game and the Multimorphic P3 when it is released. I think that would be an awesome 2 machine set. You could then buy the latest playfields each time a new one was released and build up a collection or swap/trade/sell them as you go.

#52 7 years ago

Lotr + MB
    Or
    Woz + TWD

#55 7 years ago

ACDC and the Hobbit

#56 7 years ago

Iron Man
    Game of Thrones

OR

Attack From Mars
    Monster Bash

At least those two are what I am thinking today but there are tons of great 2 game combos that would work long-term. There are only a few in this thread that I wouldn't want as the vast majority look like great 2 games lineups.

#57 7 years ago

CFTBL
    &
    AFM
    or
    MB

#58 7 years ago

I would buy a Met and re theme it to Slayer and I think FH. Gottlieb's would be Gladiators and Genesis, or Robowar and TX sector. tough question

#59 7 years ago

Surprised no one has put this combo out yet, but I think right now, if minty shape on both, I'd go with...

TZ and TAF

#60 7 years ago

ACDC Prem and TZ.

#61 7 years ago

Very tough and lots of good combo's listed in here. I would say IM and Woz for me.

#62 7 years ago

Although EMs dominate my collection, Taxi and Funhouse in perfect condition

#63 7 years ago

Wh2o BSD
    Or another combination of those with Taxi

#65 7 years ago

LotR & MM

#68 7 years ago

Congo & Cyclone

#69 7 years ago

MMR & LOTR ,only two sucks
    Mike

#70 7 years ago

Met and taf

#71 7 years ago

I love my Borg trio of Tron/Met pro/IM but I have to pick Met pro overall as I think it has a lot more rules than both IM and Tron plus IMO Met has better artwork and great music. I think the trio are all valid but pick Met pro as the top dog.

Next I'd like to have a very deep/complex rule pin so therefore I'd pick either Tspp or AcDc premium.

Last night I was playing WoZ RR edition and while it's still not my favorite pin, that edition is really boss and I think possibly in time it could grow on me. I dislike the single ramp, but overall think Woz has got a very interesting layout and the rules appear to be very nice now.

At this point I'm going to lean towards Tspp since it's rules and more interesting layout than AcDc.

--------------------
    Met pro
    Tspp

#73 7 years ago

Nobody but me is taking an EM to the bomb shelter? Really?

#74 7 years ago

Can't choose just 2

#75 7 years ago

For me they need to serve two different purposes. One needs to be a long deep game, and the other needs to be quick and brutal. From those criteria I would chose something like ST pro and Flash Gordon. Both those pins do their jobs perfectly with great art and sound packages.

#76 7 years ago

Lord of the rings and Avatar.
    Love them both an play totally different to each other.

#77 7 years ago

Surf Champ and RBION tied with WNBJM

#78 7 years ago

WH20 and Timeshock

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Surf Champ and RBION tied with WNBJM

The award for originality goes to oldskool1969

#80 7 years ago

Tz
    Transformers le

#81 7 years ago

TZ and Tron

#82 7 years ago

Medieval Madness (with the music replaced by KISS ALIVE)

Monster Bash

However, my chosen brides should be nervous about the ominous, dark puff of smoke in the distance that is The Big Lebowski.

#83 7 years ago

2 years ago it would have been AFM, TSPP
    A year ago it would have been LOTR, TSPP
    Now I'd have to say GoTpre, TSPP

But honestly if there's only room for two machines, I'd probably need to have a virtual pin loaded with 75 to 100 games. It's not the real thing, but in a pinch it would have to do.

#84 7 years ago

Assuming that excludes a Virtual Reality pin - which would mean access to all pins in theory, I would pick Metallica and Scared Stiff

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from nosro:

The award for originality goes to oldskool1969

Not to mention for having such an eclectic collection as well (including I believe one of only two Whoa Nellies in Australia.)

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Not to mention for having such an eclectic collection as well (including I believe one of only two Whoa Nellies in Australia.)

one of three, two are in WA. I was going to mention my GI ( best game ever )but I think most people that know me, already know it is part of my DNA now so no need to mention it again.

#87 7 years ago

MMR & Spider-Man

However, there is no reason you cannot change one of the two occasionally. Having the same 2 FOREVER? Might become boring?

#88 7 years ago

METLE (speed, light show, rules)

GOTLE (Strategy, light show, rules)

#89 7 years ago

WOZ and Indiana Jones

#90 7 years ago

WOZ and MM

#93 7 years ago

Highspeed2 and tz

Eight ball deluxe and embryon

#94 7 years ago

For me I would have to have a long ball deep game paired with a fast exciting game so
    SM or LOTR
    MET

#95 7 years ago

I would have Paragon and Gottliebs Circus

#96 7 years ago

TWD Premium & ST Premium.

#97 7 years ago

WOZ and TAF

#98 7 years ago

When I started collecting 11 years ago, I wanted 2 pins in a room full of video games. Back then, I chose High Speed and Star Trek: The Next Generation. Over the years, I got more into pins, and actually sold off all but one of my vids (Stunt Cycle). Now a few years later, I have sold a few pins, bought some more vids, and I am back to 2 pins in a room full of vids. Metallica and GnR made the cut this time. I can't think of any pair I would rather have.

#99 7 years ago

Haunted House and Black Hole

12417575_10205627389671441_2656263186632166042_n (resized).jpg12417575_10205627389671441_2656263186632166042_n (resized).jpg

#100 7 years ago

LOTR AND RBION

Downside is I would have to have 30 mins to an hour to really play a game. Upside would be depth/complexity.

There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-pins-would-you-pick-for-a-2-machine-keeper-set/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.